Jerusalem should be divided

Jerusalem should be divided

It should be an international city, a capital for all humanity.

Mecca and Medina are not capitals for all humanity, and neither is the Vatican. Christians don't say, "If I forget thee O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither. Let my tongue cleave to the roof of its palate, if I do not place Jerusalem atop my chiefest joy." Muslims don't break a glass at their weddings to remember Jerusalem. While Jews face Jerusalem in prayer, Muslims turn up their asses to it, as they bow towards Mecca. Sherri, a Christian on this Board, compared the way Jews feel towards Jerusalem as idolatry.
Of course, Jews don't forget that Jesus was supposedly resurrected there, and Islam's prophet supposedly visited there. We treat their holy places with respect. But Jerusalem is Israel's capital.

In a perfect world, that could be. But really unless Jews are ready to defend Jerusalem as theirs from the point of a gun and risk eventually another holocaust in the form of nukes, well, go for it. I'll have an electric car by then.

Btw, Jerusalem is important to many religions, not just Jews. That's why it should be an international city. I know, the arabs rejected that in '48. But that was a long, long time ago. We need a couple of baby steps to get the process moving along.

UN 181 stipulated that Jerusalem would be internationalized- even thought the Jews were an overwhelming majority of the population.

The Arabs violently rejected UN 181.

That train has left the station and won't return.

Jerusalem will remain under Israeli rule- exclusively.

This is the perfect world. Better get used to it.

In the years that arab invaders succeeded in keeping the jewish population to virtually zero in Jerusalem----jerusalem fell into ruin-----filthy and disease ridden-----harboring a few christians and some arab kids dying in the gutters of neglect -----even that AL AQSA pile of dung was neglected The only importance of jerusalem to muslims is the fact that JEWS HAVE IT Jerusalem is THE holy city of judaism. For equity----if Jerusalem is internationalized----then ALL "holy" cities must be internationalized-----lets start with mecca

UN 181 stipulated that Jerusalem would be internationalized- even thought the Jews were an overwhelming majority of the population.

Now that Israel controls it, maybe it's time to make a new overture to the arabs to share it with Christians... as well.

I'm already used to all the fighting. if that's what you enjoy, i.e., rockets, car bombs, suicide bombers... then go for it and have fun. Peace isn't a popular stance on this board.

Israeli police kept Christians from celebrating Easter in Jerusalem.

Christians celebrated in the West Bank without a cop in sight.

Christians celebrated in Gaza without a cop in sight.

The Palestinian city of Jerusalem should not be divided.

Link?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53vViKeUPcY&feature=relmfu]34 a Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtEJnTdc5S8]34 b Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

That was in UN 181.

The Arabs violently rejected it in 1948.

That train has left the station, never to return.

Jerusalem is and will remain under Israel's sole control; exclusively as Israel's capital, and open to all, as long as they aren't violent and greedy and try to steal what isn't theirs.
Y-Kohen:

Jerusalem is and will remain under Israel's sole control; exclusively as Israel's capital, and open to all, as long as they aren't violent and greedy and try to steal what isn't theirs

no its the israelis stealing houses and land in jerusalem and suburbs from arabs

violent and greedy,

very very very very greedy..........

you israelis......some of you

even with tourists

Nope. Not stealing; recovering what the Arabs stole.

Take for instance the neighborhood of Shimon HaTzaddik. Shimon HaTzadik is a Jewish neighborhood in Jerusalem, established around the Tomb of Simeon the Just, after whom it was named. The tomb and surrounding lands (a plot of approximately 18 dunams) was purchased in 1876 by the committee of the Sephardic community and the Ashkenazi Assembly of Israel.

Throughout December 1947, the Shimon haTsadiq and Nahalat Shimon neighborhoods, also close to the Tomb, on the way to Mount Scopus, came under attack. By January, 1948, all the Jews had been ethnically cleansed.

Subsequently, illegal Arab squatters took over the Jewish-owned properties.

Thank G-d, they are now being rightfully returned to their real owners. :clap2:

This happened in many places. Unfortunately, it hasn't yet happened in Hebron, where the Jews were ethnically cleansed after a mass-murder of 67 of them in 1929. When these properties are returned to their rightful owners, it will be a great day; hopefully soon.

When these properties are returned to their rightful owners, it will be a great day; hopefully soon.

The right of return belongs to everybody.

a LOT MORE THAN THE "RIGHT OF RETURN" belongs to everybody----the right to return with FULL RIGHTS belongs to everybody Tinnie will inform SAUDI ARABIA that its 20% non muslim resident population is entitled to FULL AND OPENED FREEDOM TO BUILD CHURCHES AND HINDU TEMPLES AND ENGAGE IN PUBLIC RELIGIOUS OBSERVANCES right tinnie?

Today---my husband mentioned the fact that he does not even know where his grandfather----who died in a shariah cesspit-----is buried----the man died saving the lives of the little family----hubby was age one. He knows the city of his death-----but is quite sure that his burial site has been obliterated I support a decent search for ALL 'holy' SITES and cemetaries etc ete----including ancient churches and synagogues in SAUDI ARABIA Tinnie will arrange it

Now that Israel controls it, maybe it's time to make a new overture to the arabs to share it with Christians... as well.

I'm already used to all the fighting. if that's what you enjoy, i.e., rockets, car bombs, suicide bombers... then go for it and have fun. Peace isn't a popular stance on this board.

You are right. I wish there were peace already. But ppl like Mr. Tinmore won't let that happen.

Doc be not harsh---I am sure tinnie agrees that jews and christians have as much right to mecca as muslims have to Jerusalem

Jewish land has been stolen from the rightful owners in many cases. Nobody mentions that anymore.

The Arab occupation of Jewish land MUST be stopped.

That can't happen until Israel stops its war.
We stopped the war. It's the Arabs who continue.

I don't know if you hapened to notice, but the more they continue, the less there potentially is for them.

Pretty soon, there won't be anything, and they won't realize it until they're on their way eastward.

Oh well.

No. We will warmly welcome any and all to come visit OUR city, but they have to recognize that it's OURS.

Tell you what: Why don't you ask the Pope to share the Vatican with the Muslims and the Jews- and tell the Muslims to share Mecca and Medina with the Christians and the Jews- or even allow infidels to VISIT, and then get back to me- k?

As it happens,there's no fighting in Jerusalem now- BECAUSE we have sole control over OUR city- where Jews have been a majority for so long.

"The Way We Live Now: Israel Proves There Is A Military Solution To Terrorism" (October 17, 2004)

…Anyone who visits Jerusalem today will not see the ghost town it was in 2002, when Israel was absorbing an average of one suicide bombing a week.

… How did things improve so dramatically, and so quickly, for Palestinians and Israelis alike? Begin by recalling Israel's assassination, in late March, of Hamas spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. At the time, the action was all but universally condemned as reckless and counterproductive. "By granting Yassin the martyrdom he craved, the Israelis have provided a motive for new suicide attacks," went an editorial in the normally pro-Israel Daily Telegraph of London. "More young Palestinians will fall in love with death, and more Israeli civilians will die with them."

Yet what followed for Israel were nearly six consecutive terror-free months. This wasn't because the Palestinian terror groups lacked for motivation to carry out attacks. It was because they lacked for means. The leaders of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Yasser Arafat's own al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades had to spend their time figuring out how to survive, not on planning fresh attacks. The Israeli army incarcerated terror suspects in record numbers--some 6,000 now sit in Israeli prisons--which in turn helped yield information for future arrests. Most importantly, the security fence has begun to make the Israeli heartland nearly impenetrable to Palestinian infiltrators. (August's double suicide bombing in Beersheba happened precisely because there is still no security fence separating that town from the Palestinian city of Hebron, from where the bombers were dispatched.)

Taken together, these measures prove what a legion of diplomats, pundits and reporters have striven to deny: that there is a military solution to the conflict.

Last edited:

No. We will warmly welcome any and all to come visit OUR city, but they have to recognize that it's OURS.

Tell you what: Why don't you ask the Pope to share the Vatican with the Muslims and the Jews- and tell the Muslims to share Mecca and Medina with the Christians and the Jews- or even allow infidels to VISIT, and then get back to me- k?

As it happens,there's no fighting in Jerusalem now- BECAUSE we have sole control over OUR city- where Jews have been a majority for so long.

"The Way We Live Now: Israel Proves There Is A Military Solution To Terrorism" (October 17, 2004)

…Anyone who visits Jerusalem today will not see the ghost town it was in 2002, when Israel was absorbing an average of one suicide bombing a week.

… How did things improve so dramatically, and so quickly, for Palestinians and Israelis alike? Begin by recalling Israel's assassination, in late March, of Hamas spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. At the time, the action was all but universally condemned as reckless and counterproductive. "By granting Yassin the martyrdom he craved, the Israelis have provided a motive for new suicide attacks," went an editorial in the normally pro-Israel Daily Telegraph of London. "More young Palestinians will fall in love with death, and more Israeli civilians will die with them."

Yet what followed for Israel were nearly six consecutive terror-free months. This wasn't because the Palestinian terror groups lacked for motivation to carry out attacks. It was because they lacked for means. The leaders of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Yasser Arafat's own al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades had to spend their time figuring out how to survive, not on planning fresh attacks. The Israeli army incarcerated terror suspects in record numbers--some 6,000 now sit in Israeli prisons--which in turn helped yield information for future arrests. Most importantly, the security fence has begun to make the Israeli heartland nearly impenetrable to Palestinian infiltrators. (August's double suicide bombing in Beersheba happened precisely because there is still no security fence separating that town from the Palestinian city of Hebron, from where the bombers were dispatched.)

Taken together, these measures prove what a legion of diplomats, pundits and reporters have striven to deny: that there is a military solution to the conflict.

Who cares who plants their flag atop Jerusalem, people like you are the problem in the Middle East, and there's no potential for peace with people like you, so just sit around and wait like a nice little Jew for Iran to revisit a holocaust on Jews instead of doing something peaceful to avoid it. That's the jews choice. But don't complain when a nuke wipes out your country, I'll be watching on CNN.

PS I bet you love Israel so much that you don't even live there.

Who cares who plants their flag atop Jerusalem, people like you are the problem in the Middle East, and there's no potential for peace with people like you, so just sit around and wait like a nice little Jew for Iran to revisit a holocaust on Jews instead of doing something peaceful to avoid it. That's the jews choice. But don't complain when a nuke wipes out your country, I'll be watching on CNN.

Hey- never let facts get in the way.

The fact is that there IS peace now in Jerusalem. Anyne who wants to change that will get a world of hurt put on them.

PS You lose the bet. I live in the more-recently liberated territories, not too far from OUR capital of Jerusalem.

The fact is that there IS peace now in Jerusalem. Anyne who wants to change that will get a world of hurt put on them.

PS You lose the bet. I live in the more-recently liberated territories, not too far from OUR capital of Jerusalem.

Ok, a real live Israeli, it's just that most of the pro-Israel folks here are fakers and talk the talk, but don't walk the walk and all live in some cushy war free country and spout their zionist bullcrap (hi irosie).
So how many arabs have you shot? Do you live in an actual stolen house from arabs? On land stolen from arabs? Do rockets being shot at you count as peaceful gestures in your Jerusalem? If I was born a hispanic catholic, can I be a real Jew?

Ye'shar Koach, Achi.:D

Ok, a real live Israeli, it's just that most of the pro-Israel folks here are fakers and talk the talk, but don't walk the walk and all live in some cushy war free country and spout their zionist bullcrap (hi irosie).
So how many arabs have you shot? Do you live in an actual stolen house from arabs? On land stolen from arabs? Do rockets being shot at you count as peaceful gestures in your Jerusalem? If I was born a hispanic catholic, can I be a real Jew?

I have had to shoot no Arabs, thank G-d.

No, I don't live in a stolen house from an Arab. I don't even know of any of those.

Never had any rockets shot within 100 km ofme that I'm aware of. That doesn't happen here in Judea and Samaria.

If you were born a Hispanic Catholic, a Muslim Arab, a Christian Sudanese, or a Chinese Buddhist, of course you could be a real Jew. All you have to do is what Ruth the Moabite did and convert. I have a number of neighbors and friends who did, and they come from everywhere on earth.

But of course, in Judaism, we don't believe that one must be Jewish to be good, holy, and saintly. Similarly, one can be a Jew and be a complete sinner.

Why do you ask? You thinking of converting?

Ye'shar Koach, Achi.:D
אם אנחנו לא נלמד אותם, מי כן ילמד אותם? :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back