The Oblivious Left on "Palestine"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
From the Guardian...

"What might be rescued from the wreckage in Palestine that could help reverse nihilistic global trends? Netanyahu’s unthinking aggression is boosting, not beating, Hamas politically. He has transformed genuine revulsion at the terrorists’ atrocities into swelling support for the cause they supposedly espouse and he detests – an independent, sovereign Palestinian state."

"This is the moderate Palestinian majority’s chance. As a divided, traumatised, ill-led and ostracised Israel tears itself apart, as its historical, ideological and democratic credentials shred, re-establishing a credible negotiating process with the explicit, internationally endorsed aim of two states co-existing side by side may – ironically – be the best and only way of saving Israel from itself."

How stupid do you have to be? I challenge the Guardian to identify the "moderate Palestinian majority." It DOES NOT EXIST. Polls indicate that 80% or more of "Palestinians" can never foresee a day when a Palestinian "State" exists peacefully along side Israel.

Bibi, as well as all rational observers have now concluded that the "two-State solution" is completely dead. There is ONE nation-state in all of Israel, and as time goes by it will act accordingly. More power to them.

From the Guardian...

"What might be rescued from the wreckage in Palestine that could help reverse nihilistic global trends? Netanyahu’s unthinking aggression is boosting, not beating, Hamas politically. He has transformed genuine revulsion at the terrorists’ atrocities into swelling support for the cause they supposedly espouse and he detests – an independent, sovereign Palestinian state."

"This is the moderate Palestinian majority’s chance. As a divided, traumatised, ill-led and ostracised Israel tears itself apart, as its historical, ideological and democratic credentials shred, re-establishing a credible negotiating process with the explicit, internationally endorsed aim of two states co-existing side by side may – ironically – be the best and only way of saving Israel from itself."

How stupid do you have to be? I challenge the Guardian to identify the "moderate Palestinian majority." It DOES NOT EXIST. Polls indicate that 80% or more of "Palestinians" can never foresee a day when a Palestinian "State" exists peacefully along side Israel.

Bibi, as well as all rational observers have now concluded that the "two-State solution" is completely dead. There is ONE nation-state in all of Israel, and as time goes by it will act accordingly. More power to them.
A reminder, neither Israel nor Palestine are in the US. We have no treaty with either. Fuck those guys.

Jared Kushner is right, now is the time for Israel to take ownership of the valuable waterfront property in Gaza.

From the Guardian...

Netanyahu is behaving just like Hamas expected when they attacked.
He is turning Israel into the bad guys

A reminder, neither Israel nor Palestine are in the US. We have no treaty with either. Fuck those guys.
Actually the US has signed many agreements with Israel, some dating back almost half a century.

All of this cooperation between Israel and the US began in the 1960's when the US was losing the Cold War everywhere else in the world, and Israel defeated the Soviet attempt to take over the ME without any help from the US and prevented the USSR from capturing the ME oil supply. At that point the US recognized that if the US was to have any substantial influence in the ME it would come from its relationship with Israel, and a few years later the US was able to use that influence to seal off Soviet influence in the ME with the peace treaty with Egypt.

The peace among the major nations of the ME the US helped established in 1979 has held to today and was only possible because Israel had first defeated Soviet attempts to take over the ME in two major wars first, creating the bedrock upon which the US built peace among the nations in the ME.

From the Guardian...

There is nothing wrong with "one state solution", but clearly that state can not be Israel.
Israel has stolen 85% of Palestine, without paying a dime for any of the properties they confiscate. They have blockaded and are starving the Palestinian natives by taking away all their farms, pastures, water, etc.

All we have to do is look back at when all the violence started.
It was 1946 when Menachim Begin murdered all the British peacekeepers by blowing up the King David Hotel. Why did he do that? So that no one would stop him from wiping out hundreds of native villages like Deir Yassin.

So why does anyone think Israel could be trusted since its 7 million Zionists have always been guilty of mass murder and abuse of the 13 million natives?

Actually the US has signed many agreements with Israel, some dating back almost half a century.

All of this cooperation between Israel and the US began in the 1960's when the US was losing the Cold War everywhere else in the world, and Israel defeated the Soviet attempt to take over the ME without any help from the US and prevented the USSR from capturing the ME oil supply. At that point the US recognized that if the US was to have any substantial influence in the ME it would come from its relationship with Israel, and a few years later the US was able to use that influence to seal off Soviet influence in the ME with the peace treaty with Egypt.

The peace among the major nations of the ME the US helped established in 1979 has held to today and was only possible because Israel had first defeated Soviet attempts to take over the ME in two major wars first, creating the bedrock upon which the US built peace among the nations in the ME.

Wrong.
Israel has never once acted like an ally, and it is Israel that caused the Mideast to swing towards Russia instead of the US.
Israel has always been the single most harmful aspect of US foreign policies.
That is because Israel is the least democratic country in the world, where of the 21 million people under their control, they only allow about 1 million Arabs vote.

Netanyahu is behaving just like Hamas expected when they attacked.
He is turning Israel into the bad guys

Israel has always been the "bad guy".
Go back and read how Menachim Begin murdered the British peacekeepers by blowing up the King David Hotel in 1946.
That was so no one could stop him from then wiping out hundreds of native villages like Deir Yassin.
Look it up.
Albert Eintein was in Jerusalem considering taking the office of president of Israel, so saw the Deir Yassin survivors being executed.
He wrote letters.
Albert Einstein Letter to The New York Times. December 4, 1948 New Palestine Party. Visit of Menachen Begin and Aims of Political Movement Discussed : Albert Einstein, Hannah Arendt, Sidney Hook, et.al. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
{...
The public avowals of Begin's party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state. It is in its actions that the terrorist party betrays its real character; from its past actions we can judge what it may be expected to do in the future.

Attack on Arab Village
A shocking example was their behavior in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. This village, off the main roads and surrounded by Jewish lands, had taken no part in the war, and had even fought off Arab bands who wanted to use the village as their base. On April 9 (THE NEW YORK TIMES), terrorist bands attacked this peaceful village, which was not a military objective in the fighting, killed most of its inhabitants (240 men, women, and children) and kept a few of them alive to parade as captives through the streets of Jerusalem. Most of the Jewish community was horrified at the deed, and the Jewish Agency sent a telegram of apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan. But the terrorists, far from being ashamed of their act, were proud of this massacre, publicized it widely, and invited all the foreign correspondents present in the country to view the heaped corpses and the general havoc at Deir Yassin.
The Deir Yassin incident exemplifies the character and actions of the Freedom Party.
Within the Jewish community they have preached an admixture of ultranationalism, religious mysticism, and racial superiority. Like other Fascist parties they have been used to break strikes, and have themselves pressed for the destruction of free trade unions. In their stead they have proposed corporate unions on the Italian Fascist model.
During the last years of sporadic anti-British violence, the IZL and Stern groups inaugurated a reign of terror in the Palestine Jewish community. Teachers were beaten up for speaking against them, adults were shot for not letting their children join them. By gangster methods, beatings, window-smashing, and wide-spread robberies, the terrorists intimidated the population and exacted a heavy tribute.
The people of the Freedom Party have had no part in the constructive achievements in Palestine. They have reclaimed no land, built no settlements, and only detracted from the Jewish defense activity. Their much-publicized immigration endeavors were minute, and devoted mainly to bringing in Fascist compatriots.
...}

Jared Kushner is right, now is the time for Israel to take ownership of the valuable waterfront property in Gaza.
d-9.jpg

Wrong.
Israel has never once acted like an ally, and it is Israel that caused the Mideast to swing towards Russia instead of the US.
Israel has always been the single most harmful aspect of US foreign policies.
That is because Israel is the least democratic country in the world, where of the 21 million people under their control, they only allow about 1 million Arabs vote.
So what you are saying is: The Jews did it! The Jews did it! If America's other allies could handle themselves half as well as Israel has, the US wouldn't have to be involved in the great European wars of the last century, and a half a million US solders would not have had to die on foreign soil

The weapons the Palestinians have had do not even compare to the weapons Israel has had.
Again, you show you know nothing about the conflicts. In 1967 and 1973 the Egyptians and Syrians were armed to the teeth by the USSR. They had more men, more tanks, more aircraft and more SAM's than Israel and yet they were very soundly defeated by Israel and would have suffered even greater losses if the US had not used its influence with Israel to call for a truce. Cairo, Alexandria and Damascus would have been destroyed if not for the US intervention.

Forum List

Back