Jefferson National Park (St Louis Arch) renamed. Snowflakes strike again!

St. Louis landmark officially gets new name: ‘Gateway Arch National Park’

More revisionist history bullshit. Gotta whitewash that American history ya know! And they also said the old name promoted the MYTH of American Exceptionalism.

I can not find a link that lists the specific reasons for the name change but it has been a hot topic of contention on local radio today.

It is like you just ignore the actual article you cited
“The name ‘Jefferson National Expansion Memorial’ was established long before the Gateway Arch was envisioned, and has simply never been adopted by our millions of visitors,” writes Superintendent at the Gateway Arch National Park Mike Ward. “We hope this new name will best reflect the magnificent renovations and visitor experience we will unveil in a few months.”
I gave the article as a link to the change. I didn't ignore anything. It is the media that is ignoring the facts.

Unless you too are going to suggest you know more than our local ABC radio affiliate

I am smart enough to read your own citation and point out that it says just the opposite of what you said.

Why exactly do you think that the Conservative snowflake Roy Blunt had some 'revisionist history agenda'?

More revisionist history bullshit. Gotta whitewash that American history ya know! And they also said the old name promoted the MYTH of American Exceptionalism.

I can not find a link that lists the specific reasons for the name change but it has been a hot topic of contention on local radio today.

“The name ‘Jefferson National Expansion Memorial’ was established long before the Gateway Arch was envisioned, and has simply never been adopted by our millions of visitors,” writes Superintendent at the Gateway Arch National Park Mike Ward. “We hope this new name will best reflect the magnificent renovations and visitor experience we will unveil in a few months.”
I gave the article as a link to the change. I didn't ignore anything. It is the media that is ignoring the facts.

Unless you too are going to suggest you know more than our local ABC radio affiliate

But even your local media station (who you apparently think has a good grasp of this story) said that the name change was because people knew the place better as Gateway Arch. Are you saying that you know more than your local media source? Because you have said that they are ignoring the facts, so which is it? Do they know what is going on, or are they ignoring something? You have claimed both.

You are the snowflake melting down over this dude. And, you didn't even bother to read your link which says the opposite of what you are posting. And, finally, there is the FACT that your dear leader Trump is responsible for the name change.

Face it dude.....................thread fail.
As Gateway Arch Turns 50, Its Message Gets Reframed

For instance, the Arch was built to honor St. Louis' role in westward expansion, a time when Manifest Destiny was used to push Native Americans and Mexicans out of their lands. The museum under the Arch is being redesigned to include that perspective. National Park Service historian Bob Moore says the original museum left a lot of people out of the story.

"Why did they feel that they could go out and just take these lands?" Moore says. "Basically they believed it was their God-given right."

Racial inequality is another shadow some see cast by the Arch.

University of Kentucky historian Tracy Campbell says African-American neighborhoods were razed when the U.S. government annexed 40 acres of historic downtown St. Louis to create the Arch grounds. It was the height of the depression and civic leaders considered the area blighted.

That is just the tip of the iceberg for what the debate was.

The thread is not a fail just because YOU are uninformed on the matter.

Idiot

It is your thread. You started the thread and we are commenting on the citations you have provided- so if we are uninformed- it is because you have failed to provide the information that supports your claims.

Again- nothing in this article says that the name change was due to political pressure.

I am smart enough to read your own citation and point out that it says just the opposite of what you said.

Why exactly do you think that the Conservative snowflake Roy Blunt had some 'revisionist history agenda'?
Blunt was not involved in the early discussions that started well before congress got involved.

Having said that Blunt has been a terrible congressman. I have posted in the past about my displeasure with him. Like all leeches he needs to go.

But even your local media station (who you apparently think has a good grasp of this story) said that the name change was because people knew the place better as Gateway Arch. Are you saying that you know more than your local media source? Because you have said that they are ignoring the facts, so which is it? Do they know what is going on, or are they ignoring something? You have claimed both.

You are the snowflake melting down over this dude. And, you didn't even bother to read your link which says the opposite of what you are posting. And, finally, there is the FACT that your dear leader Trump is responsible for the name change.

For instance, the Arch was built to honor St. Louis' role in westward expansion, a time when Manifest Destiny was used to push Native Americans and Mexicans out of their lands. The museum under the Arch is being redesigned to include that perspective. National Park Service historian Bob Moore says the original museum left a lot of people out of the story.

"Why did they feel that they could go out and just take these lands?" Moore says. "Basically they believed it was their God-given right."

University of Kentucky historian Tracy Campbell says African-American neighborhoods were razed when the U.S. government annexed 40 acres of historic downtown St. Louis to create the Arch grounds. It was the height of the depression and civic leaders considered the area blighted.

Idiot

Again, your link doesn't quite say what you are claiming. In this case, you actually did read the link, but in your selective editing, you left out one important fact. They aren't redesigning the arch, but are rather expanding the museum's displays and message to include the fact that our expansion west did actually uproot quite a few native people. That isn't really changing what happened, it's expanding it to include more than just the good stuff.

From your link..........................and, I included the part where they say they are expanding the message to include more than just the pioneers, they now are also going to show what the effect was on the natives as we expanded west.

Keep melting snowflake......................

For all the wonder and appreciation St. Louis' Gateway Arch monument inspires, some see the message and history of the Arch as divisive.

You can spin anyway you like. I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.
Gramps
upload_2018-7-5_16-10-37.jpeg

Idiot

Again, your link doesn't quite say what you are claiming. In this case, you actually did read the link, but in your selective editing, you left out one important fact. They aren't redesigning the arch, but are rather expanding the museum's displays and message to include the fact that our expansion west did actually uproot quite a few native people. That isn't really changing what happened, it's expanding it to include more than just the good stuff.

From your link..........................and, I included the part where they say they are expanding the message to include more than just the pioneers, they now are also going to show what the effect was on the natives as we expanded west.

For all the wonder and appreciation St. Louis' Gateway Arch monument inspires, some see the message and history of the Arch as divisive.

I never said they were redesigning the arch dumbass.

I proved you wrong. First you said I had no idea what I was talking about. I FINALLY found a link with partial information and you play semantics.

The name change was initiated because of the reasons I stated. Slowly but surely our major historical figures are being whitewashed from the history books except to call them bad men with evil intentions.

Dismissed

No, the name was changed because of brand recognition. Maybe you have heard of it? I've heard that brand recognition is big among capitalists. And, like several people have already told you on this board, they didn't know it by it's longer name, they have always known it as Gateway Arch, same as me.

Brand recognition is why they changed the name.

Political correctness is why they are expanding the focus of the museum, so that it includes the whole story of people being displaced, not just Little House crap that people want to remember about the expansion west.

But, continue to melt, and keep "winning" if it helps you sleep at night.

Neither one of your links said what you claimed. The first one said that brand recognition was why the name was changed, and the second one you posted said that they were expanding the museum to include the stories of things that were less than pleasant.

Neither of them is really that much of a problem. But, apparently it is for you. Sucks that your hero is the one that signed the change into law, hunh?

Idiot

I proved you wrong. First you said I had no idea what I was talking about. I FINALLY found a link with partial information and you play semantics.

The name change was initiated because of the reasons I stated. Slowly but surely our major historical figures are being whitewashed from the history books except to call them bad men with evil intentions.

Dismissed

No, the name was changed because of brand recognition. Maybe you have heard of it? I've heard that brand recognition is big among capitalists. And, like several people have already told you on this board, they didn't know it by it's longer name, they have always known it as Gateway Arch, same as me.

Political correctness is why they are expanding the focus of the museum, so that it includes the whole story of people being displaced, not just Little House crap that people want to remember about the expansion west.

Neither one of your links said what you claimed. The first one said that brand recognition was why the name was changed, and the second one you posted said that they were expanding the museum to include the stories of things that were less than pleasant.

Neither of them is really that much of a problem. But, apparently it is for you. Sucks that your hero is the one that signed the change into law, hunh?
You still pretend to know more than the locals. Funny.
As for Trump he is kicking leftist ass so I have no complaints overall.

And arguing with you is not melting down lol.

By the way people...................screw ups like what Gramps has displayed in this thread is one of the main reasons I read the links. Some people find an article with a scary title, post it without reading it, and then find out after people start reading their thread that their link says the exact opposite of what they are claiming.

But, he also said he heard this on talk radio where everyone was outraged. I can believe that, because there are a lot of lunatics who call into those shows. Especially if they are conservative, which I think is what Gramps would listen to.

Idiot

Dismissed

Actually, no I don't pretend to know more than the locals. However, I did read both your links and they didn't quite say what you claimed they said. Your first one said it was brand recognition, and the second one said they were expanding the museum to tell the stories of those who were displaced as well as those who settled the west. All that information, I got from the local sources you provided.

Sorry, but neither says what you are trying to claim.

By the way people...................screw ups like what Gramps has displayed in this thread is one of the main reasons I read the links. Some people find an article with a scary title, post it without reading it, and then find out after people start reading their thread that their link says the exact opposite of what they are claiming.

But, he also said he heard this on talk radio where everyone was outraged. I can believe that, because there are a lot of lunatics who call into those shows. Especially if they are conservative, which I think is what Gramps would listen to.
Midday with Jayme & Wickett

Both leftist twits

Idiot

Dismissed

Actually, no I don't pretend to know more than the locals. However, I did read both your links and they didn't quite say what you claimed they said. Your first one said it was brand recognition, and the second one said they were expanding the museum to tell the stories of those who were displaced as well as those who settled the west. All that information, I got from the local sources you provided.

Except you are pretending to know more. I can not link to radio news/broadcasts.

The fact that you didn't hear it neither makes me wrong or inaccurate.
If you choose to call me a liar, so be it.

The story has more details to it but because I can't link to them from a live ABC radio broadcast you wish to argue about it.

Go fuck yourself

Oh no! Now we are only left with 10,000 other things named after Thomas Jefferson!

What is your complaint exactly ?

Oh no! Now we are only left with 10,000 other things named after Thomas Jefferson!

My complaint is leftist revisionism and whitewashing history to protect feelings.

Both leftist twits

So you posted a link to a radio station. Where is the link to the actual show in question?

My complaint is leftist revisionism and whitewashing history to protect feelings.

Whitewashing ? How ironic of a term.

Was there something they said that wasn’t true?

Dismissed

Except you are pretending to know more. I can not link to radio news/broadcasts.

The fact that you didn't hear it neither makes me wrong or inaccurate.
If you choose to call me a liar, so be it.

The story has more details to it but because I can't link to them from a live ABC radio broadcast you wish to argue about it.

Go fuck yourself

Your first link said it was branding. Your second link said that the museum was being expanded to tell the stories of those left out. That is basically all I know about this from YOUR posted links. Neither link says what you are claiming.

Then, when you are caught because your links don't say what you claimed they did, you deflect off to some radio show that you can't link to, but you can link to a leftist station that you claim you heard the story (because you think it will make it more believable to the liberals).

So, you can't prove crap, but you claim you can. Keep melting snowflake. It seems to suit you.

T

Both leftist twits

So you posted a link to a radio station. Where is the link to the actual show in question?
That is the show idiot. I posted links to both daytime radio shows I listen to EVERY DAY.
3 leftists & 1 libertarian.

Bastion for right wing conspiracy was your implication. I proved you wrong yet again.

Forum List

Back