You know the Bible speaks about punishing homosexuals... your argument is just as lame as saying that any Christian supports punishing gays.

How many Christians have pushed gays off of buildings?
None that I know of... why?

So it is different then, isn't it.
Depends on what you are talking about... it is different in many aspects... our problems with terrorism in today's society are much more closely related to distortions of the Islamic religion than with Christianity. Christians had their share of killing and violence centuries ago. My point is that blaming the religion is not the right way of looking at it... it is the culture and teachings around those who are acting out. In this case a very small but very impactful fraction.

Sharia law is archaic but is no different than many of the laws found in the Bible... i.e. Eye for an eye etc. the Bible teaches of the same types of punishments as sharia, cutting off hands, gouging out eyes, stoning etc... both books also teach that judgement is in gods hands and they condemn violence against others.

The majority of Muslims, just like Christians, know how to be devote in their religion and still follow the laws of our land and find a set of beliefs that are more compatible with the culture of our modern society.

Forum List

Back