Jeb Bush's Foreign Policy Plan: More Military Spending Will 'Encourage Peace'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will lay out a vision of American foreign policy on Wednesday aimed at pushing his nascent 2016 presidential campaign out of the shadow of his father and brother, two former presidents who waged overseas wars.

"I love my father and my brother … But I am my own man –- and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences," Bush will say in a speech to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, according to excerpts provided to reporters late Tuesday night.

In his first major foreign policy address, the likely 2016 Republican front-runner will make the case for increased military spending so America can "project power and enforce peaceful stability in far-off areas of the globe." He will also criticize President Barack Obama's foreign policy, calling it "inconsistent and indecisive."

"Having a military that is equal to any threat ... makes it less likely that we will need to put our men and women in uniform in harm’s way," Bush plans to tell attendees, adding that he believes "fundamentally, that weakness invites war… and strength encourages peace."

The idea that a bigger U.S. military would act as a bigger deterrent to potential foes is one that reached its apex during the Cold War, but has been repeatedly challenged in the 21st century by the rise of global terrorism and sectarian conflicts.

More: Jeb Bush's Foreign Policy Plan: More Military Spending Will 'Encourage Peace'

So, Jeb plans to ride the boogeyman to the White House. More Bush fearmongering and warmongering.

If the entire U.S. budget was spent on military strength, America still wouldn't be safe from terrorists - domestic or foreign.

Last edited:
Let's see: Clinton cut the military and we ended up with 9/11 and al Qaeda. Bush restored the military and we had zero attacks on American soil. Obama cut the military and we have ISIS.
See a pattern here?

Let's see: Clinton cut the military and we ended up with 9/11 and al Qaeda. Bush restored the military and we had zero attacks on American soil. Obama cut the military and we have ISIS.
See a pattern here?

That's funny. Stupid, but funny.

the ONE THING our government is SUPPOSE to do is provide and pay for a military that is up to the standard of protecting US AND OUR COUNTRY

what are they afraid it will cut into their welfare payments?

I get disgusted when I see these people whining over our military.

Maybe the op can give a terrorist their job. Folks with people like this dumb ditz we need TO PRAY we get though this administration alive

Marie Harf To Critics Of Her ‘Stop ISIS By Giving Them Jobs’ Remark: Maybe My Comments Were ‘Too Nuanced’ for You

marie-harf-550x367.jpg

If only us dumb yokels could grasp Harf’s brilliance.

Via Mediaite:

“We cannot kill our way out of this war,” State Department spokesperson Marie Harf told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews “We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups, whether it’s a lack of opportunity for jobs.” Ever since, she haseen getting hammered by conservatives on Twitter and elsewhere across the web. […]

all of it here:
Weasel Zippers Scouring the bowels of the internet Weasel Zippers

President George W. Bush proved that no amount of military spending can overcome having an idiot in the White House: 1) he ignored pre-9/11 warnings and 2) terrorists used our own planes against us to carry out the greatest terrorist attack ever on the American homeland. From the terrorists standpoint, it was cheap and highly effective. Intelligence at all levels of government is the key to overcoming and preventing terrorism - not more military might.

WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will lay out a vision of American foreign policy on Wednesday aimed at pushing his nascent 2016 presidential campaign out of the shadow of his father and brother, two former presidents who waged overseas wars.

"I love my father and my brother … But I am my own man –- and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences," Bush will say in a speech to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, according to excerpts provided to reporters late Tuesday night.

In his first major foreign policy address, the likely 2016 Republican front-runner will make the case for increased military spending so America can "project power and enforce peaceful stability in far-off areas of the globe." He will also criticize President Barack Obama's foreign policy, calling it "inconsistent and indecisive."

"Having a military that is equal to any threat ... makes it less likely that we will need to put our men and women in uniform in harm’s way," Bush plans to tell attendees, adding that he believes "fundamentally, that weakness invites war… and strength encourages peace."

The idea that a bigger U.S. military would act as a bigger deterrent to potential foes is one that reached its apex during the Cold War, but has been repeatedly challenged in the 21st century by the rise of global terrorism and sectarian conflicts.

More: Jeb Bush's Foreign Policy Plan: More Military Spending Will 'Encourage Peace'

So, Jeb plans to ride the boogeyman to the White House. More Bush fearmongering and warmongering.
Worked for Reagan.... And Truman.

Better then kissing the terrorist ass like obuthole.

President George W. Bush proved that no amount of military spending can overcome having an idiot in the White House: 1) he ignored pre-9/11 warnings and 2) terrorists used our own planes against us to carry out the greatest terrorist attack ever on the American homeland. From the terrorists standpoint, it was cheap and highly effective. Intelligence at all levels of government is the key to overcoming and preventing terrorism - not more military might.
You'r right. Bush had a winning strateg y againt terrorism and then the current idiot in chief blew it.

You'r right. Bush had a winning strateg y againt terrorism and then the current idiot in chief blew it.

Is that how you measure intelligence?

The former governor of Florida's "foreign policy plan"? What about Barry Hussein's "foreign policy plan" or the lack of it?

In your case, he measures it with a gram scale.

No, you're wrong again. Both President's have pursued the same strategy against terrorism.

In your case, he measures it with a gram scale.
I'd say more like a micrometer.

Winning strategy? Ignore warnings until 9/11 happens. Go after the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan but let them escape in Tora Bora? Start a war against Iraq who had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks? Ignore Osama Bin Laden for the rest of his term in office? Yeah, Shrub had a real winning strategy there...

MORE military spending will not defeat terrorism - it must be SMART military spending. President Obama is using our military forces and budget much smarter than Bush did.

Forum List

Back