What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese firm to open world’s first robot-run farm

Confounding

Gold Member
Reaction score
As time goes on there will be less and less need for human labor. What is the solution to the inevitable jobs crisis?

A Japanese company is to open the world’s first “robot farm”, as agriculture joins other sectors of the economy in attempting to fill labour shortages created by the country’s rapidly ageing population.

OP
Confounding

Confounding

Gold Member
Reaction score
Going to need a small army of repair techs...

Do you think the need for people that repair the robots will make up for the overall job loss? Do you think the robots will eventually become intelligent enough to repair each other too? Given enough technology what can a human do that a robot couldn't do just as well or better?

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Farming is already mechanized and is using few humans upon them...

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Automation is never bad in the long run.

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Reaction score
As time goes on there will be less and less need for human labor. What is the solution to the inevitable jobs crisis?

A Japanese company is to open the world’s first “robot farm”, as agriculture joins other sectors of the economy in attempting to fill labour shortages created by the country’s rapidly ageing population.

The solution is obvious, war with the robots. Walk softly but carry a big sledge hammer.

"Excuse me sir, what are you doing with that screw driver, I'm not in need of adjusti..ARRRGG!".

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Reaction score
The solution should be a basic income that we use to pay for the basics like food, housing, schooling, etc.

I think this is a great idea because I simply don't believe work or die should be the way things are.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$505.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List