Jan. 6 prosecutors seek 25 years for Oath Keepers’ Rhodes

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Wow..that's a lot of time eh?

The Justice Department is seeking 25 years in prison for Stewart Rhodes, the Oath Keepers founder convicted of seditious conspiracy for what prosecutors described as a violent plot to keep President Joe Biden out of the White House, according to court papers filed Friday.
A Washington, D.C., jury convicted Rhodes in November in one of the most consequential cases brought in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, when a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters assaulted police officers, smashed windows and temporarily halted Congress’ certification of Biden’s victory.
Rhodes was convicted of plotting an armed rebellion with members of his far-right extremist group to stop the transfer of presidential power from Trump to Biden.
Prosecutors asked the judge to impose the quarter-century sentence, noting Rhodes had been convicted of multiple crimes — which also carry hefty sentences — in addition to seditious conspiracy, which calls for up 20 years in prison.

They asked the judge to go above the standard sentencing guidelines, arguing the offenses constitute terrorism.

I work at a prison. There are people with less time than that for crimes you wouldn't believe.

The Justice Department is seeking 25 years in prison for Stewart Rhodes, the Oath Keepers founder convicted of seditious conspiracy for what prosecutors described as a violent plot to keep President Joe Biden out of the White House, according to court papers filed Friday.
A Washington, D.C., jury convicted Rhodes in November in one of the most consequential cases brought in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, when a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters assaulted police officers, smashed windows and temporarily halted Congress’ certification of Biden’s victory.
Rhodes was convicted of plotting an armed rebellion with members of his far-right extremist group to stop the transfer of presidential power from Trump to Biden.
Prosecutors asked the judge to impose the quarter-century sentence, noting Rhodes had been convicted of multiple crimes — which also carry hefty sentences — in addition to seditious conspiracy, which calls for up 20 years in prison.

They asked the judge to go above the standard sentencing guidelines, arguing the offenses constitute terrorism.

Wait a minute how does this guy get convicted but Ray Epps isn't even charged? Libs defend Epps who is on video telling people on Jan. 6 to committed crimes, they say he's not getting charged because he didn't enter the capital.

Relax. If Trump gets reelected he will pardon all this traitorous clowns day one anyway. Still on this Ray Epps thing? Why hasn't Jordan got to the bottom of that yet?

Not enough for a traitorous scum.

I wonder if they will let him wear his red hat in prison?

Not enough for a traitorous scum.

I wonder if they will let him wear his red hat in prison?

Meh, it's enough. I see most of these January 6th fuckers as pathetic, fragile, white mid-life crisis low-t men who were looking for some meaning in their lives.

The ones who deserve to be jailed 25-to-life are the mother fuckers who egged them on: Giuliani, Trump, Flynn, MyPillow Fag, Kraken Bitch.

Meh, it's enough. I see most of these January 6th fuckers as pathetic, fragile, white mid-life crisis low-t men who were looking for some meaning in their lives.

The ones who deserve to be jailed 25-to-life are the mother fuckers who egged them on: Giuliani, Trump, Flynn, MyPillow Fag, Kraken Bitch.
Fair point but these proud boys and oath keepers were the grunts whipping the useful idiots into a frenzy...like field commanders so to speak.

That's why poor Ray Epps was a scapegoat to cloud the actions of these white nationalists.

I have wondered if he is still a Trump supporter. Poor bastard.

Every single leftist would put you in jail if they could. Understand that any "freedom patriot" org is a set up. You have to infiltrate their organizations, record them, narq them call 911 on them locally. Get local law enforcement on them.

Every single leftist would put you in jail if they could. Understand that any "freedom patriot" org is a set up. You have to infiltrate their organizations, record them, narq them call 911 on them locally. Get local law enforcement on them.

Nobody made the wannabe tough guy participate in an insurrection.

Fuck around, find out.

Wait a minute how does this guy get convicted but Ray Epps isn't even charged? Libs defend Epps who is on video telling people on Jan. 6 to committed crimes, they say he's not getting charged because he didn't enter the capital.

Ray Epps chickened out before he actually did any bad shit. He's also recorded himself at least appearing to be a moderating influence, although I would not give a drop of ant piss if he got prosecuted. He was in it long enough to earn some prosecutorial scrutiny if you ask me.

Fair point but these proud boys and oath keepers were the grunts whipping the useful idiots into a frenzy...like field commanders so to speak.

That's why poor Ray Epps was a scapegoat to cloud the actions of these white nationalists.

I have wondered if he is still a Trump supporter. Poor bastard.

I don't feel any more sorry for Ray Epps than any of the dolts who were there that day. I'll give him credit for bailing at the last minute, but he was almost as complicit as everyone else. Fortunately for him, the "This is fucking insane" neon flashing sign went off in his mind right before it all went down. But honestly, I can see how some of his compadres felt betrayed by him, considering he was there for most of the planning and led everyone to believe he was down with their cause.

Forum List

Back