Zone1 James 4:12 Only God can judge people

In this context judging means to condemn your neighbor to be a bad person in your eyes henceforth. It's holding grudges and denying them forgiveness. It does not mean the same thing as using prudent judgment in dealing with others.

In this context judging means to condemn your neighbor to be a bad person in your eyes henceforth. It's holding grudges and denying them forgiveness. It does not mean the same thing as using prudent judgment in dealing with others.
Well it seems you bear a hateful grudge against the right-leaning. ;)

But yeah, I judge people and their motives all the time and don't lose a second's sleep over it.

Well it seems you bear a hateful grudge against the right-leaning. ;)

But yeah, I judge people and their motives all the time and don't lose a second's sleep over it.
No grudges. Mostly pity.

Matthew 7:1-2
[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 7:1-2
[1] Judge not, that ye be not judged.
[2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
You should know better. If you don't, I will explain.

"Judge" in this case means do not condemn to hell. We are to judge ALL THINGS, but we are to remember God isn't yet finished with the living, and He may be working with that person.

Judge not.... Is better translated, condemn not...

Forum List

Back