Jakarta attacks: at least six dead in series of 'suicide bombings'

Imam Hussein Oblahblah of the Washington DC White Mosque: "this too had abalooly nutin to do wid Islam...they're just fanatics and criminals!"

this is a surprising twist of events considering guns are so highly regulated

that there are no gun shops in the whole country

That isn't true. There are many gun clues and firearms sales are restricted but legal.

This once, just this once, I'm going to be serious.

The news filtered into school pretty quickly, so we locked down the best we could.
Parents dashed into school to take their kids home early, all were helped by the staff.
Classes full of young kids were crying in fear their parents might have been caught up in the killings, and no amount of reassuring them did any good.

Before you post, consider these kids, and consider the families that won't have a son, father or brother with them for dinner this evening.

As for the terrorists - the only good news to come out of this is they're dead.

Actually, INDO might come from Indonesia and therefore know stuff ???

I'm British by birth, but have lived in Indonesia for quite a long time.
The country is populated with friendly people, but sadly also some bloody idiots, the latter being seen in action today.

This is a sad day for the people of this country, but I know the government is actively trying its best to separate the extremist element from their lives.
One wishes them "Good hunting".

It strikes me this world has many problem, flooding, famine, disease and poverty to name but a few, but these extremist fools spend their time, effort and money on creating more misery than there already is.
They're very foolish.

The country is populated with friendly people, but sadly also some bloody idiots, the latter being seen in action today.

This is a sad day for the people of this country, but I know the government is actively trying its best to separate the extremist element from their lives.

It strikes me this world has many problem, flooding, famine, disease and poverty to name but a few, but these extremist fools spend their time, effort and money on creating more misery than there already is.
They're very foolish.
Thank you. It's very sad.

They're very foolish.

I feel quite humbled by your response, timing and such. I agree with your conclusions..

I'm still bugged by the, "Extremist Muslim" to be honest. I can't see how it fits....at the moment.

They're very foolish.

I feel quite humbled by your response, timing and such. I agree with your conclusions..

I'm still bugged by the, "Extremist Muslim" to be honest. I can't see how it fits....at the moment.
I see what you mean, Lumpy, I just read that thread. I haven't read many of Indofreds posts, so I don't know what to make of it. But today is probably not the time to try, I guess. Hope you are well

Last edited:
Seems like they are thinking Isis again, not a great surprise.

09:43
Strong suspicion "IS-linked" group behind attack

"There is a strong suspicion that this is an ISIS-linked group in Indonesia," national police spokesman Anton Charliyan told AFP, referring to IS by an alternative name.

"From what we see today, this group is following the pattern of the Paris attacks."

They're very foolish.

I see what you mean, Lumpy, I just read that thread. I haven't read many of Indofreds posts, so I don't know what to make of it. But today is probably not the time to try, I guess. Hope you are well :suck:

Okay, the emote is throwing me off .. :redface:

ummm, still throwing me off...

... anyway, I'm willing to wimp out for now...:wink_2:

They're very foolish.

I see what you mean, Lumpy, I just read that thread. I haven't read many of Indofreds posts, so I don't know what to make of it. But today is probably not the time to try, I guess. Hope you are well

Oh God, that emote did NOT look like that on my iPad screen :mad-61: . its gone now, my sincere apologies :)

Can't say I'm surprised. After all Muslims want to take over the world and what better way to do that than to attack all over the world.

Nike the ME from orbit. End of problem.

Here's a map, in case anyone here is familiar with this part of the world:

There were several large explosions right across the city - with reports that at least three suicide bombers targeted a Starbucks cafe at a busy shopping centre near the presidential palace.

Three other blasts were reportedly heard in the Cikni, Silpi and Kuningan neighbourhoods, near the Pakistan and Turkish embassies.

cegrab-20160114-065512-858-1-750x563.jpg

A map of the attacks across the Indonesian capital, Jakarta

Police said a gun battle with attackers also took place inside a cinema at the retail complex.

Tri Seranto, a security guard at a bank, said he saw at least five attackers, three of them suicide bombers, who entered the cafe and blew themselves up, one by one.

cegrab-20160114-053907-139-1-992x558.jpg

play-icon.png

Video: Jakarta Bomb Blast Caught On Camera
Security forces stormed the building, and gunfire could be heard more than an hour after the explosions.

Mr Seranto said the two other attackers, who were carrying handguns, entered a nearby police post from where he heard gunfire.

Up to 14 militants are believed to have been behind the assault, and there are fears some managed to flee the scene and are on the run.

Jakarta Attacks: At Least Seven Dead In Blasts

Was there, in the early 70s, acting like a drunken sailor.

A movie caused the incident. I expect to see someone hooded up and arrested soon over this

-Geaux

They're very foolish.

Oh God, that emote did NOT look like that on my iPad screen :mad-61: . its gone now, my sincere apologies :)

Gee and here I thought it was kismet... I'm a little depressed now, it's lucky you caught me early ..:cry:

.. just kidding because, well, it is funny...I still respect you...no really, I do...:laugh:

They're very foolish.

Gee and here I thought it was kismet... I'm a little depressed now, it's lucky you caught me early ..:cry:

.. just kidding because, well, it is funny...I still respect you...no really, I do...:laugh:
Promise? :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
:eusa_angel:

Sure Baby, I promise, don't you trust me?...:popcorn:

:eusa_angel:

Sure Baby, I promise, don't you trust me?...:popcorn:

She who does not trust enough will not be trusted :wink_2:
Lao Tzu

Forum List

Back