Ivanka Trumps Endorsement Of Goya Foods Puts Her In Serious Legal Trouble

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.

Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

Yeah, but remember how the Democrats all wanted him investigated for that? Hmm ... I don't either ...

They will say as an elected official he isn't beholden to those rules. Of course, Trump's daughter isn't a civil service employee of the government, so her application vis a vis the law is probably hazy as well.

They got their soundbite, that's all they care about.
Yes. Ivanka is an employee of the government.

A civil servant with a title?
I believe her title is special advisor to the president.

Paid? Civil Service? Senate Confirmed?
No. No. No.

Any other questions?

The law they are quoting probably applies to a specific type of employee. Any idea which one it applies to?

It applies to almost everyone in government:
(h) Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Where did you get the quote from?
The law that we are talking about.

So what agency does she belong to?

Executive office of the president.

is that actually an agency as per federal code?
Yes.

Proof?

The funny thing is even if this ends up as an "ethics" violation, the likely penalty is some form of reprimand.

Of course the real reason for your butt hurt is she's supporting an AMERICAN company.
You need proof that the White House Office is part of the executive branch?

Of course we both know it has nothing to do with being an “American” company since Trump has no problem bashing any number of American companies whose owners don’t agree with him.

Part of the executive branch, but is it by definition an "agency"?

Obama endorsed volt at one time, you didn't have a problem with that did ya?

Yes. Any agency is any organization or department that is part of the executive branch. If it’s not an agency, what the hell is it? This isn’t a serious argument.

Answer me one question. Why did Ivanka endorse Goya?

She supported goya against a political boycott.

Does the first lady endorse every dress designer she wears.

But keep this up, Nothing shows how petty dems are when they fixate on chickenshit like this.

Does she defend every company subject to a political boycott or just some?
Did Obama endorse every electric car?

Read the bolded section very slowly:
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

She's not allowed to endorse products.

Read the bolded section very slowly. What should happen to Obama for endorsing the Volt?
The regulation specifically exempts the president and vice president. I've posted this numerous times before.

Again, what's the punishment, especially since she likely did it with the approval of the president?
Dismissal.

The approval of the president has no bearing on the legality of her actions. It just demonstrates his disregard for the law.

Slap on the wrist.
Other employees would be fired for this.

Examples?

How many times is the maximum punishment for things like this given to a first offender?

Good point. If she’s a first time offender, a slap on the wrist.

But she won’t even get that.

Kelly Anne Conway should have been fired for violating the same law.
What if she did it over and over. A repeat offender. How many years in jail?

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

I did read it, but perhaps you didn't. The red bolded part is the important phrase that everyone here keeps managing to avoid reading.

No, you didn't. The entire speaks about personal gain.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity,
Do none of you guys understand what commas mean?

It's a fucking list guys.

The entirety of the law concerns "personal gain". You're simply seeing what you want to see. The entire context of the law is prohibiting personal gain. Let's however revisit what you said.

Post where it says this : product regardless of personal gain.
I already posted it. I marked it in red. The entirety of the law does not concern personal gain. The part I marked does not.

Do you guys not understand that it is a list?

Then ability to comprehend is very low quality.Sorry son.

That’s what I keep thinking. You all don’t seem to understand that when things are separated by commas, it makes a list.

It’s like if I passed a law that said its illegal to rob, murder or rape someone, you think it’s okay to murder them as long as you don’t rob them.
What YOU don't seem to understand is that Ivanka Trump is NOT an "employee" of the federal government. She does NOT draw a salary for her role as an advisor to the President.

I think you're the fourth person who has tried this line. I'll tell you exactly what I told the others. It doesn't matter if she draws a salary or not.

5 CFR § 2635.102 - Definitions.
Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Furthermore, she declared herself an employee years ago.

From the horse's mouth:
"... I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees."

I'm astonished at your ignorance whether real or feigned. The Title of the section tells you what said section is dealing with.

She did it because Goya’s owner praised Trump. We both know it. If you don’t admit it, it’s because you’re too afraid to.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. Prove Ivanka owns Goya stock
I have no idea if she does and it doesn't matter.

You said she profited. Obviously it does matter if she owns Goya stock since she doesn't work for them and wasn't paid for the endorsement, yet you claimed she profited.

So basically you just lied ... again ...

I never said she profited. If you think I did, feel free to show me.

Otherwise I believe you're lying.
Then she violated nothing, because the statute repeatedly says there must be a gain.

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.

Yeah, but remember how the Democrats all wanted him investigated for that? Hmm ... I don't either ...

They will say as an elected official he isn't beholden to those rules. Of course, Trump's daughter isn't a civil service employee of the government, so her application vis a vis the law is probably hazy as well.

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

The law they are quoting probably applies to a specific type of employee. Any idea which one it applies to?

(h) Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Yes.

Proof?

The funny thing is even if this ends up as an "ethics" violation, the likely penalty is some form of reprimand.

Of course the real reason for your butt hurt is she's supporting an AMERICAN company.

Of course we both know it has nothing to do with being an “American” company since Trump has no problem bashing any number of American companies whose owners don’t agree with him.

Yes. Any agency is any organization or department that is part of the executive branch. If it’s not an agency, what the hell is it? This isn’t a serious argument.

But keep this up, Nothing shows how petty dems are when they fixate on chickenshit like this.

Did Obama endorse every electric car?
No, he didn't, although there But he endorsed the Volt, which was consistent with his administration's policy to support electric vehicles.

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

Yes.

Proof?

Who cares?
Because it matters as to why she did it.

You don’t want to answer because you know the answer and are too scared to admit it.

It's pure chickenshit, even CNN has stopped pushing it when they realized how petty it looked.

She did it because Goya’s owner praised Trump. We both know it. If you don’t admit it, it’s because you’re too afraid to.
She did it because butthurt snowflakes like you were boycotting them.

I did read it, but perhaps you didn't. The red bolded part is the important phrase that everyone here keeps managing to avoid reading.

No, you didn't. The entire speaks about personal gain.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity,
Do none of you guys understand what commas mean?

It's a fucking list guys.

The entirety of the law concerns "personal gain". You're simply seeing what you want to see. The entire context of the law is prohibiting personal gain. Let's however revisit what you said.

Post where it says this : product regardless of personal gain.
I already posted it. I marked it in red. The entirety of the law does not concern personal gain. The part I marked does not.

Do you guys not understand that it is a list?

Then ability to comprehend is very low quality.Sorry son.

That’s what I keep thinking. You all don’t seem to understand that when things are separated by commas, it makes a list.

It’s like if I passed a law that said its illegal to rob, murder or rape someone, you think it’s okay to murder them as long as you don’t rob them.
What YOU don't seem to understand is that Ivanka Trump is NOT an "employee" of the federal government. She does NOT draw a salary for her role as an advisor to the President.

I think you're the fourth person who has tried this line. I'll tell you exactly what I told the others. It doesn't matter if she draws a salary or not.

5 CFR § 2635.102 - Definitions.
Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Furthermore, she declared herself an employee years ago.

From the horse's mouth:
"... I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees."

I'm astonished at your ignorance whether real or feigned. The Title of the section tells you what said section is dealing with.

Great. Let's talk about it then. Endorsement of a product benefits that product, does it not?

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

Yes.

Proof?

Who cares?

You don’t want to answer because you know the answer and are too scared to admit it.

It's pure chickenshit, even CNN has stopped pushing it when they realized how petty it looked.

She did it because butthurt snowflakes like you were boycotting them.

Only because their president praised Trump.

Hell, her own butthurt snowflake father calls for plenty of boycotts. She's not opposed to boycotts, she's opposed to Trump supporters being boycotted.

So the only reason she supported Goya was because their president praised Trump.

EA85D544-2756-4E84-BA5E-9BF644A7FA4B.png

:lol:

You said she profited. Obviously it does matter if she owns Goya stock since she doesn't work for them and wasn't paid for the endorsement, yet you claimed she profited.

Then she violated nothing, because the statute repeatedly says there must be a gain.
Does her endorsing Goya benefit Goya?

So the president of Goya praised Trump a week ago and Ivanka is endorsing it just happens to be a coincidence? Of course not. It's 100% obvious she endorsed their products because he praised Trump. We all know this. No one is so stupid as to believe otherwise.
Ivanka Trump supported Goya Foods after they were unfairly mocked, boycotted and ridiculed for supporting this administration.

SMH @ the Stupid Shit Leftist believe .....
BINGO!

This is America. We can't have anyone, anywhere, anytime say anything remotely nice about President Trump. Must not happen. And if it does, Colfax and his Brown Shirts will ruin them.

It's the American way................Dimwinger style.

Read the bolded section very slowly. What should happen to Obama for endorsing the Volt?
The regulation specifically exempts the president and vice president. I've posted this numerous times before.

Again, what's the punishment, especially since she likely did it with the approval of the president?
Dismissal.

The approval of the president has no bearing on the legality of her actions. It just demonstrates his disregard for the law.

Slap on the wrist.

Examples?

How many times is the maximum punishment for things like this given to a first offender?

Dismissal.

Doesn't matter. That isn't addressed in the statute, Stupid.

Dismissal.

Slap on the wrist.

Examples?

Yawn.

Dismissal.

Slap on the wrist.

Examples?

Dismissal.
Call Donald. Let me know how it goes. :abgg2q.jpg:

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

Yes.

Proof?

Who cares?

She did it for politics, my god a political appointee or whatever being political.

Remember it's only bad when the other side does it, fuh fuh fuh.

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

Yes.

Proof?

Who cares?

In truth, you and the left are going to assign the reason she did it, regardless of why she actually did it. There is no point in answering.

She supported a minority business that is being hit hard by the pandemic and the Unconstitutional shutting down of our economy by the Governors of this nation.

She hasn't and won't profit from this in any way at all. A thumb in the eye of the left who want to endorce a racist boycott is just a good giggle, not a material gain of anything.

So the president of Goya praised Trump a week ago and Ivanka is endorsing it just happens to be a coincidence? Of course not. It's 100% obvious she endorsed their products because he praised Trump. We all know this. No one is so stupid as to believe otherwise.

Wow more complaining about politics being political.

No. No. No.

Any other questions?

Yes.

Proof?

Who cares?

In truth, you and the left are going to assign the reason she did it, regardless of why she actually did it. There is no point in answering.

She supported a minority business that is being hit hard by the pandemic and the Unconstitutional shutting down of our economy by the Governors of this nation.

She hasn't and won't profit from this in any way at all. A thumb in the eye of the left who want to endorce a racist boycott is just a good giggle, not a material gain of anything.

Yep. The whole Goya thing is the endless overt racism of the left. It's an economic lynching and done for the same reason as Democrats lynched blacks. To send a message to the rest not to get uppity.

The Democrat party is the party of segregation, slavery and Jim Crow laws. They have always oppressed minorities, and they still do
Exactly. If you don't support their candidate, the Dimwinger party's platform is to actually ban you from being black.

Doesn't matter. That isn't addressed in the statute, Stupid.

Yes, it is. Does endorsing Goya benefit Goya?

Forum List

Back