It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumpism Christianity is worse for America than Trumpism itself.
Just look at it this way... it's a good thing that state and federal governments address abortion with legislation. Let's make it crystal clear. Let them have an honest, open and transparent discussion on the subject.

So you did not know Gorsuch was raised Catholic and married an Anglican - a church considered to be somewhat Catholic

NFBW2207181221

ding220717-#2,313 “A genetically distinct new human being - one who has never existed before and will never exist again - coming into existence at conception is based upon empirical scientific evidence. True.”

NFBW: Is there really empirical scientific evidence ding that proves that a human being is formed at the moment of conception?

If so why does the new Ohio abortion ban decide that a woman is carrying a human being not before we can hear fetal heart activity that can be detected as late as six weeks into a pregnancy. Six weeks to murder a human being with equal rights as the mother.

Why can a state allow the murder of a human being just because we cannot detect a beating heart when you tell us ding that there is scientific evidence that human beings are created at conception which keenly lines up with Catholic doctrine. END2207181221
I couldn't care less about Gorsuch's background. And if you want to make a scientific argument for when a human being comes into existence to the states or Congress, please do so as every single embryology textbook ever written teaches a new genetically distinct human being comes into existence at conception. Because it will be up to the states and/or Congress to decide.

NFBW2207181311

ding200124-#518 “America is still a Christian nation even if all of its people don’t behave in Christian manner

NFBW: Are you satisfied ding that the Trumpism Christian SCOTUS has begun to allow states to force its residents to behave in a right-wing Christian manner. END2207181311
I think it's hilarious how emotional this has made you.

You do realize that SCOTUS did not rule against abortion, right? SCOTUS only ruled that abortion is not a constitutionally protected right. SCOTUS did its job. Now it's time for legislatures to do their job. It's now up to the states or Congress to make it a protected right.

NFBW2207181529

ding200129-#668 “The message I am trying to convey is that freedom and liberty cannot exist without virtue and morality. And that virtue and morality cannot exist in the absence of religion.

NFBW: ….. in the absence of your “Christian” religion are you trying to say - Trump and Mashmont are “Christians” who show no signs of protecting freedom and liberty. So that should be the end that. END2207181529

NFBW2207181529

ding200129-#668 “The message I am trying to convey is that freedom and liberty cannot exist without virtue and morality. And that virtue and morality cannot exist in the absence of religion.

NFBW: ….. in the absence of your “Christian” religion are you trying to say - Trump and Mashmont are “Christians” who show no signs of protecting freedom and liberty. So that should be the end that. END2207181529
No. That's not what I meant. You do know who said that first, right? George Washington. Do you believe George Washington meant Christianity when he said that?

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”
George Washington
Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796
The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

NFBW2207181529

I wonder why ding believes virtue and morality can't exist without religion. Those are personal values, everyone is capable of those. Unfortunately religion, especially the judgmental religions confuse those principles by allowing prejudice and hatred in their religious laws.

I wonder why ding believes virtue and morality can't exist without religion. Those are personal values, everyone is capable of those. Unfortunately religion, especially the judgmental religions confuse those principles by allowing prejudice and hatred in their religious laws.
The question you should be asking is why did George Washington believe that. Because that's where ding got it from. ;)

“Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports...In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion...reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”
George Washington
Farewell Address, Sept 17, 1796
The Will of the People: Readings in American Democracy (Chicago: Great Books Foundation, 2001), 38.

I hereby formally declare that I completely support our 1st Amendment as is!
As do I. A problem arises when the Mashmonts of the world decide that their religion commands them to control and dominate the rest of us. And if we don't kneel before them and allow them to lord over us... well... we are violating their 1st amendment rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back