It's time to fire Roger Goodell

Do you believe the Rights of those who protest have been violated by the commissineer

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kap's protest is well within the meaning of the First Amendment:

Freedom of Expression and "the right of the people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of their grievance", was in effect when members of the community of the NFL brought attention to the world of the wrongful murders of African Americans.

If you work for me, you can protest all you want, but not on my time.

:oops8::poop::th_weirdthread::th_panties:

This thread is fantasy, if/when you own one of the NFL teams you can petition the rest of the owners to fire him.

Right now they pay him a lot of money 200 million over 5 years to make them a lot more money.

This thread is an opinion, not a fantasy. And your post suggests some people's greed supersede the rights and security and even the life of others.

If true, and if everyone of the superstars on each time protested, it wouldn't be long until the edict of the Commissioner was recalled.

[given the demographics of the NFL, this threat to fine the athletes is likely to bite the commissioner in the ass]

Last edited:

Freedom of Expression and "the right of the people to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of their grievance", was in effect when members of the community of the NFL brought attention to the world of the wrongful murders of African Americans.

I think the Players Association is going to reject the league's rule and will tell players to continue to kneel if they want to express their first amendment rights. Which I agree with. The rights are there written in the Constitution not for show, but to give the people the teeth to stand against even hurricane force winds against them.

And the reason they are kneeling is still being clearly played out across the country as evidenced in continued videos showing black men being beaten and murdered for no other reason than being black. It has to stop.

Hardly

NFL is the most popular sport in the US by far. The game will be “safer” and not apthe same smashmouth game. Probably won’t be televised
Not because it is not as popular but because the networks can no longer afford it

NFL on Netflix
The NFL has lost viewers faster than any other sport in the history of sports....people have choices...even for football...the NFL is not the only game in town...I turned it off years ago and don't miss it one bit....teams moving around...players holding out for more and more money...prices for a live game going up and up and up.....my once loved Raiders moving to Lost Wages for shit sake.....the NFL sucks and is getting worse....
See how NASCAR is doing compared to NFL
World Series is not even on network TV
NBA cannot give it’s regular season games away

I think the Players Association is going to reject the league's rule and will tell players to continue to kneel if they want to express their first amendment rights. Which I agree with. The rights are there written in the Constitution not for show, but to give the people the teeth to stand against even hurricane force winds against them.

And the reason they are kneeling is still being clearly played out across the country as evidenced in continued videos showing black men being beaten and murdered for no other reason than being black. It has to stop.
I think the players are overplaying their hand
What does it take to get the kneeling to stop?

Cops will kill unarmed people whether they kneel or not. Time to move on

As others have said on both sides of the debate, the 1st amendment protects you from government interference, not your employer (unless it's the government)

And considering how we only talk about the kneeling and not why they were kneeling, I think the protesters have to find a new way to get their point across. Right now 99% of the argument is about the messenger, and not the message. Smart people would try another tactic, but evidently we are not dealing with smart people.

The NFL is a dying brand. In 20 years, it won't exist as a nationally televised league anymore.
Hardly

NFL is the most popular sport in the US by far. The game will be “safer” and not apthe same smashmouth game. Probably won’t be televised
Not because it is not as popular but because the networks can no longer afford it

NFL on Netflix

It's already a Miss Nancy game. I quit watching years ago.
I am sure they miss you

I see it less of overplaying their hand, and more of the message is not being taken in the way they thought or hoped it would. It didn't get people to think about issues with policing, it made people talk about the overt act of kneeling or sitting or whatever during the anthem.

The protesters who want to keep up with this are unable or unwilling to realize what they WANT the message to be is not what a large segment of population perceives the message as presented. Now we are at the point of arguing about the messenger (the act) instead of the message (why they are doing it)

Also Kaepernick getting photographed with those "cops as pigs" socks didn't help his case.

I see it less of overplaying their hand, and more of the message is not being taken in the way they thought or hoped it would. It didn't get people to think about issues with policing, it made people talk about the overt act of kneeling or sitting or whatever during the anthem.

The protesters who want to keep up with this are unable or unwilling to realize what they WANT the message to be is not what a large segment of population perceives the message as presented. Now we are at the point of arguing about the messenger (the act) instead of the message (why they are doing it)

Also Kaepernick getting photographed with those "cops as pigs" socks didn't help his case.
Agree

But the players have no idea what a “win” is
What has to be done to get them to stop kneeling?

While kaepernick may have had a legitimate reason to protest, the protest has been twisted to NFL players are anti American

Again. Do employers at a theatre have a right to yell fire? How about “this movie sucks”?

LOL, sure the employer has that right, and the owner of the theater has a right to fire him or her. NFL players have contracts, and the current contract may not require the player to stand during the playing of the National Anthem. There are some players who are not US Citizens, are they required to stand with their hands over their hearts too? How about a season ticket holder, will Goodell sanction them too?

Again. Do employers at a theatre have a right to yell fire? How about “this movie sucks”?

LOL, sure the employer has that right, and the owner of the theater has a right to fire him or her. NFL players have contracts, and the current contract may not require the player to stand during the playing of the National Anthem. There are some players who are not US Citizens, are they required to stand with their hands over their hearts too? How about a season ticket holder, will Goodell sanction them too?
No! They can find employment elsewhere!

As others have said on both sides of the debate, the 1st amendment protects you from government interference, not your employer (unless it's the government)

And considering how we only talk about the kneeling and not why they were kneeling, I think the protesters have to find a new way to get their point across. Right now 99% of the argument is about the messenger, and not the message. Smart people would try another tactic, but evidently we are not dealing with smart people.

Only people that don't want to hear the message think it's about the messenger. It never was.

Maybe you ought to find a trailer park in Russia.

Only people that don't want to hear the message think it's about the messenger. It never was.

Agree.

I don't have the right to "protest" on my job. I get paid to produce. These so called "protesters" haven't a clue as to what they're doing. They didn't go to college for an education, that's for sure.

They're at work, not petitioning the government.

I wonder how many of the self righteous ^^^ are at work posting on the USMB.

I wonder how many of the self righteous ^^^ are at work posting on the USMB.
I bet you wonder about a lot of things.

Maybe ewe should get some new material

Maybe ewe should get some new material

Good Idea, I could shear you and get some wool.

Forum List

Back