It's Time To Change Pitchers People!

The US government is in a sea of debt, and if Romney wins it will likely to get worse.

Barack Obama has added more to the national debt in 3.5 years than all other U.S. Presidents in history combined have in their first 3.5 years.

When Barack Obama took office, the national debt stood at $9+ trillion. It's now at $16 trillion. He's damn near matched the entire national debt it took us 235 years to accumulate in his 3.5 years.

To say it "will likely get worse" is one of the most dishonest, not to mention outrageous, statements ever made. They need to alter the Clean Debate Zone to include lying so that readers to have to see the garbage and misinformation posted by so many.

The fact that the deficit has gone through the roof under Obama in no way at all suggests the same trend would not continue under Romney - based on what we know of his policies, it almost certainly would.

"Not about spending per se" is more mealy-mouthed double-dealer speak.

You spend less, live within your means and you don't rack up debt...It really is that simple.

To quote Donald Fagen: "Those black cards that make you money You hide them when you're able. In the land of milk and honey... You must put them on the table."

The question is how yoy pay back what you owe.

You cut spending. End welfare and food stamps and the national debt will be paid off in no time. Problem solved.

If the US has not been able to pay down its sovereign debt for 40 years - how will Romney's gigantic tax cuts help?

As I said earlier - you (ordinary American middle and working class families) will pay for the debt.

It's inevitable, and spending cuts will not change that one iota.

What changes is whether or not you pay through taxes, through user-pays systems for services which are now free or heavily subsidised, or through funding services which in future simply do not exist.

Tax cuts don't "cost" jack shit, unless you presume all incomes belong to the treasury.

Actually they do - and if you check with almost any media source which covered the story, they will tell you the same thing.

Tax cuts cost money because they mean the government earns less. When governments earn less, they borrow.

Borrowing money costs rather a lot.

Given the US already runs staggering deficits, Romney's plan to increase thos deficits by a further $5 trillion leaves a hole in the government coffers the size of the Grand Canyon.

While his much touted closing of tax loop holes - but so far unspecified - will bring in some money, your net situation will almost certainly be worse than it is now.

Cutting expenditure will help, but the extent of the cuts needed to cover the deficit the US has now are political suicide - and Romney wants to add another $5 trillion to that.

You are right like obama is right. But your being right depends on a stagnant economy with fewer people working and less taxes overall collected. It presupposes that raising taxes is the only way to increase revenue.

Most people know that economic growth is the only way out of the mess obama made of our economy.

"Not about spending per se" is more mealy-mouthed double-dealer speak.

You spend less, live within your means and you don't rack up debt...It really is that simple.

To quote Donald Fagen: "Those black cards that make you money You hide them when you're able. In the land of milk and honey... You must put them on the table."

It's a stunning track - they have so many great lyrics, though more often about blow jobs than repaying debts...!

Maybe I can call Romney's tax scheme The Royal Scam?

Isn't this a debate zone ?

Business will break lose when Romney wins. If Obama wins....they are in the cave for another four years.

This pitcher is off to a quality start ? The game's over. And his ERA is off the chart. He's not coming back for the second game.

And yet there are rumours that EU banks wil downgrade US investments if Romney wins because his policies are so outdated.

Even the Washington Post labeled Romney's economic policies "ruinous".

Forget the blinded rhetoric - it's about time conservatives really started questioning what endless tax cuts and increased military spending are meant to achieve in terms of economic growth.

You do know that our rating was downgraded TWICE under obama. Most people who have thought it through know that obama's policies have been ruinous already. Getting more of the same isn't going to help. We went through the Great Depression without a credit downgrade, it took obama to actually do it.

If the US has not been able to pay down its sovereign debt for 40 years - how will Romney's gigantic tax cuts help?

Because, as anyone with an ounce of common sense knows, more money in the pockets of people and/or corporations means more economic growth. More economic growth means more jobs. More jobs means more people earning money. More people earning money means a larger pool of people to tax.

With Obama, there are 23 million American's out of work. Add those back into the work force, and now there are 23 million more American's bringing in tax revenue to the government (as well as 23 million more American's no longer taking tax dollars from the government in the form of various aid).

Because, as anyone with an ounce of common sense knows, more money in the pockets of people and/or corporations means more economic growth. More economic growth means more jobs. More jobs means more people earning money. More people earning money means a larger pool of people to tax.

Oh, right!

So when people pay less taxes, they won't just buy imported products?

How does a family buying a new Toyota, Nokia phone or Plystation help America, exactly?

You're still refusing to acknowledge that you are lying about Romney's tax plan, despite the fact that I have proven it?

No, I'm not lying - I posted links to Business Week and Washington Post earlier in the week and can post them again if you like.

Both state that Romney's tax plan will cost around $5 trillion over 10 years - though when he tells us what the tax loopholes are that he will close, it will come down. I just don't see how adding even $1 trillion to your deficit is a good thing, though clearly you do.

Last edited:
You do know that our rating was downgraded TWICE under obama. Most people who have thought it through know that obama's policies have been ruinous already. Getting more of the same isn't going to help. We went through the Great Depression without a credit downgrade, it took obama to actually do it.

I think you'll find the first of those actually came under Bush.

It just wasn't 'enacted' until Obama was in office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh, right!

How does a family buying a new Toyota, Nokia phone or Plystation help America, exactly?

You mean that same Toyota that has manufacturing plants here in the U.S. employing U.S. workers?!? Do you see how much misinformation you are posting?

I think you'll find the first of those actually came under Bush, genius.

Those were not "under Bush". Those downgrades were 100% evaluated during the Obama Administration and enacted under the Obama Administration.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you'll find the first of those actually came under Bush, genius.

Those were not "under Bush". Those downgrades were 100% evaluated during the Obama Administration and enacted under the Obama Administration.

Wonderful, stuff, Rottie!!

Now go and check!

Oh, right!

You mean that same Toyota that has manufacturing plants here in the U.S. employing U.S. workers?!? Do you see how much misinformation you are posting?

The fact is that very little money spent on imported products or services creates jobs.

You know it and I know it.

You're still refusing to acknowledge that you are lying about Romney's tax plan, despite the fact that I have proven it?

No, I'm not lying - I posted links to Business Week and Washington Post earlier in the week and can post them again if you like.

Both state that Romney's tax plan will cost around $5 trillion over 10 years - though when he tells us what the tax loopholes are that he will close, it will come down. I just don't see how adding even $1 trillion to your deficit is a good thing, though clearly you do.

The Obama Administration themselves are admitting it's a lie!!!

Furthermore, Obama adds $1.5 trillion per year to the debt. So lets do some basic math here. Under Obama, in 10 years, we'll add $15 trillion. Under Romney, in 10 years, we might add $1 trillion. And yet you're here hopping mad trying to convince everyone to support Obama?!!? :cuckoo:

The Obama Administration themselves are admitting it's a lie!!!

No they aren't - but you don't understand what they are saying.

Much like with the credit downgrades.

Just google searching, then wildly posting anything at all you find doesn't really amount to a convincing argument - especially when you are wrong!

I can post stuff on downgrades going back to 2008 if you like, but I don't really feel the need to humiliate you when you seem so keen to do it to yourself.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTL9PB1oiF0&sns=em]Stephanie Cutter Admits Obamas $5 Trillion Attack on Romney Is Not True - YouTube[/ame]

Rottweiler -

As I said earlier - you don't understand this, and I do realise that you don't understand it.

The figure of $5 trillion is correct - but it is a figure which does not include money earned by closing loopholes because Romney has not yet said which loopholes he will close - hence we don't know the value of those.

Both Business Week and WaPo explained this - presumably you didn't read either.

Forum List

Back