It's not an "INSURRECTION!" when we do it

False equivalence. Who was convicted of sedition in 2016?

Expected logic by the right though to dishonestly dismiss their traitorous actions.

Now-a-days, if a lefty stubs their tow on a government building trumpers cry INSURRECTION!

Your criteria for a 'false equivalence' is laughable at best, tell me what the point of attempting to attack the Whitehouse and burning down the church next to it was? They weren't 'traitors' to you, you were cheering them on, weren't you?

Your criteria for a 'false equivalence' is laughable at best, tell me what the point of attempting to attack the Whitehouse and burning down the church next to it was? They weren't 'traitors' to you, you were cheering them on, weren't you?
Which ones were convicted of an insurection?

It's 100% on topic, but I do agree with you that trans are creepy.
It's not the topic. You are just one of those who seems to think and subsequently post about it a lot...even in unrelated threads.

It's like some sort of turrets or something.

Which ones were convicted of an insurection?

You can't even spell it, let alone define it.. lol No one was convicted of an 'insurrection' in 2020. :cuckoo:

Two people that I know of were convicted of seditious conspiracy, too bad they didn't tell the other thousands there that day or the ones who were in the capitol building taking selfies. They totally screwed up their job of 'overthrowing the government'. :laughing0301:

You can't even spell it, let alone define it.. lol No one was convicted of an 'insurrection' in 2020. :cuckoo:

I know. That is why I posted I prefer to call it sedition and not insurrection. For sake of arguement though it doesn't really matter as they are very similar crimes.

Two people that I know of were convicted of seditious conspiracy, too bad they didn't tell the other thousands there that day or the ones who were in the capitol building taking selfies. They totally screwed up their job of 'overthrowing the government'. :laughing0301:
They did screw it up. Thankfully Congress bravely reconvened and completed their constitutional duty of counting the electorial votes, the false elector people were not successful and pence did not get in that car.

You missed two traitors who were convicted for sedition.

How many in the left were convicted of sedition in your false equivalence scenarios?

I think insurrection is a misnomer and I wish the left would stop using it.

Although the crimes are very similar, it's more accurate to call it sedition based on the convictions.

You can call murder something else but it's still murder. You can call rape something else but it's still rape. And Jan6 was an attempt at overthrowing the legal elected government. That's insurrection.

I know. That is why I posted I prefer to call it sedition and not insurrection. For sake of arguement though it doesn't really matter as they are very similar crimes.

They did screw it up. Thankfully Congress bravely reconvened and completed their constitutional duty of counting the electorial votes, the false elector people were not successful and pence did not get in that car.

You missed two traitors who were convicted for sedition.

How many in the left were convicted of sedition in your false equivalence scenarios?

Let me be sure I understand your 'argument' here. So your whole argument to defend 'the left' and those who terrorized DC and the Whitehouse in 2016, where the president had to be evacuated, is that they weren't convicted of seditious conspiracy? So therefore, it was just child's play, and they weren't traitors because of that? Therefore, their actions were much more acceptable than the actions of those in 2020? Is that your argument?

Oh, and my bad, 4 people out of thousands, like I said, too bad that the rest didn't get the memo about 'overthrowing the government'. :cuckoo:

The very large difference between you and I is that I condemn those that went into the capitol building that day. You defend the violence in the capitol in 2016 since it wasn't 'seditious', therefore perfectly acceptable, and sooooo much better than what happened in 2020.

Let me be sure I understand your 'argument' here. So your whole argument to defend 'the left' and those who terrorized DC and the Whitehouse in 2016, where the president had to be evacuated, is that they weren't convicted of seditious conspiracy? So therefore, it was just child's play, and they weren't traitors because of that? Therefore, their actions were much more acceptable than the actions of those in 2016? Is that your argument?
Yeah. Same arguement trumpers used in the months following Jan 6. It wasn't insurrection because nobody was charged with insurrection. Remember?

I am just using the arguement trumpers used...until it wasn't convenient anyhow.

You can call murder something else but it's still murder. You can call rape something else but it's still rape. And Jan6 was an attempt at overthrowing the legal elected government. That's insurrection.

How were they going to 'overthrow the government', please provide the details.

Yeah. Same arguement trumpers used in the months following Jan 6. It wasn't insurrection because nobody was charged with insurrection. Remember?

I am just using the arguement trumpers used...until it wasn't convenient anyhow.

I see you recuse yourself from any comment on the actions of those in 2016, we'll just put our head in the sand and pretend none of that happened. So, to reiterate, the actions of those in 2016 were acceptable and reasonable since they weren't seditious?

I see you recuse yourself from any comment on the actions of those in 2016, we'll just put our head in the sand and pretend none of that happened. So, to reiterate, the actions of those in 2016 were acceptable and reasonable since they weren't seditious?
No, it simply wasn't seditious like Jan 6 was.

Anyone arrested, charged and convicted deserves what they got. I won't blame Ray Epps, the FBI, or secret green men as cover for their criminal actions.

What exactly is your arguement?

"1984" was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual....Make Orwell fiction again!

In an interesting turn of events, the Associated Press no longer appears to believe that staging a riot at a capitol building with the intention of disrupting and diverting legislative proceedings is an insurrection.

Janaury 14, 2021 saw the AP publicly hashing out what to call the Capitol riot of January 6. In an article entitled "Riot? Insurrection? Words matter in describing Capitol siege," the AP ran through a list of potential words to describe the events in Washington, DC on that day.

Apparently words still matter—but only when convenient to the left.

<snip>

The AP states that despite the arrests, those little protests in Montana and Tennessee "didn’t involve violence or any real attempts to dismantle or replace a government," and quote the Harvard professor again to say that "it's wrong to call them insurrections."

Another "keen" legal mind, UNC law prof Michael Gerhardy, told the AP that "Disrupting things is a far cry from insurrection. It’s just a protest, and protesters are not insurrectionists."

In 2021, however, the AP sang a very different tune, saying that the term protest for January 6 was too mild. At that time, they quoted a CBS News exec who said that January 6 "was a lot more sinister than it first appeared," by way of explaining that this is why–at first–terms like protest and protesters were used, though they changed, at the AP's urging, to be more incendiary.

View attachment 781251
Your title.....very Freudian of you.

Nobody was overthrowing shit, fucking hysterical liar.

You can stop lying now. Foxnews and company aren't there to tell you what to think about this subject. You may wish to put it in neutral until Tucker starts his new job a Newsmax. Oh, wait Newsmax is also being sued and probably can't afford to have Tucker on their network.

No, it simply wasn't seditious like Jan 6 was.

Anyone arrested, charged and convicted deserves what they got. I won't blame Ray Epps, the FBI, or secret green men as cover for their criminal actions.

What exactly is your arguement?

So they weren't traitors? I believe you described it as 'shitting all over the capital, breaking windows, burning down churches, attacking police, all played out as sedition'.

What made 2016 not seditious and 2020 seditious?

Forum List

Back