It's about time, folks....

Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican- probably the greatest Republican since Lincoln. If the Republican party was still like it was when he was president, I would probably vote Republican.

The problem with their platform nowadays is that it's spend-thrift, wasteful, irresponsible, hates minorities, the middle class, the working poor, women's rights, all social programs, affordable health care; is deceitful and sucks up to the intolerant religious right. I just simply cannot support their anti-American agenda. Our founding fathers are turning in their graves.

So you are a proud member of the "Mommy and Daddy" party

Thanks for the newsflash

but like I have told you before, I am not a member of any political party. BTW- thanks for agreeing with me regarding the current Republican platform- and that you obviously support the Party of Hate. That tells me a lot about you.

Stop throwing the Constitution in my face, it’s just a goddamned piece of paper!

President George W. Bush
in a meeting in the Oval office (Nov. 2005)
to discuss renewing the USA Patriot Act

You have a link to that 'quote' other than Capitol Hill Blues where it first began? Anything credible? NY Times, WaPo, anything that isn't a Bush rant rag?

That's what I meant. Sigh.

so when RSR posts oped pieces from newsmax you find many of them interesting and thought provoking but you just wish he would add a little of his own commentary...

but when a liberal posts a piece from newsmax it is now, all of a sudden a Bush rant rag?

so when RSR posts oped pieces from newsmax you find many of them interesting and thought provoking but you just wish he would add a little of his own commentary...

but when a liberal posts a piece from newsmax it is now, all of a sudden a Bush rant rag?

I understand her frustration. Every one of those links lead back to the original "Blues" link as the source...kinda suspiscious if you ask me...but of course no one did....

Also, where did K say newsmax was a Bush rant rag? I musta missed that post.

I understand her frustration. Every one of those links lead back to the original "Blues" link as the source...kinda suspiscious if you ask me...but of course no one did....

Also, where did K say newsmax was a Bush rant rag? I musta missed that post.

newsmax is the sixth link listed.

a bit of a stretch but if you say so...

Again, every link provided leads directly back to the Blues as a source, so I can see her POV. I myself would love to see some independent verification of that quote that doesn't rely on the Blues 'allegation' as a source.

a bit of a stretch but if you say so...

Again, every link provided leads directly back to the Blues as a source, so I can see her POV. I myself would love to see some independent verification of that quote that doesn't rely on the Blues 'allegation' as a source.

no doubt...so would I.

newsmax is the sixth link listed.

Yes I saw that, you however are incorrect in what I find interesting regarding what RSR posts. As for Newsmax, it's an aggregate of sources, most with a far right take, granted. But not exclusively. Did you read that particular piece? I did.

'If this is so...then...' Sorry, no buy.

but like I have told you before, I am not a member of any political party. BTW- thanks for agreeing with me regarding the current Republican platform- and that you obviously support the Party of Hate. That tells me a lot about you.

Here are some of examples of hate - from the party of hate - the Democrat party

"In the days of slavery, there were those slaves who lived on the plantation and [there] were those slaves that lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master ... exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. Colin Powell's committed to come into the house of the master. When Colin Powell dares to suggest something other than what the master wants to hear, he will be turned back out to pasture." -- Harry Belafonte

"Republicans bring out Colin Powell and J.C. Watts because they have no program, no policy. They have no love and no joy. They'd rather take pictures with black children than feed them." -- Donna Brazile, Al Gore's Campaign Manager for the 2000 election

(On Clarence Thomas) "A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom." -- Spike Lee

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." -- California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

isolated quotes don't represent the entire party- hate isn't a part of their platform. Anyway, I don't really care since I'm not a Democrat.

WASHINGTON - President Bush, under growing political pressure, agreed Thursday to negotiate with Congress on a war-spending bill that sets benchmarks for progress in Iraq.

The turnabout in Bush's position came as Republicans expressed anxieties about the war and the House was expected to pass legislation that would cut off funding for U.S. troops as early as July.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070510/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq

And some of you thought the Dems were gonna crack first...

WASHINGTON - President Bush, under growing political pressure, agreed Thursday to negotiate with Congress on a war-spending bill that sets benchmarks for progress in Iraq.

The turnabout in Bush's position came as Republicans expressed anxieties about the war and the House was expected to pass legislation that would cut off funding for U.S. troops as early as July.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070510/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq

And some of you thought the Dems were gonna crack first...

Dems still wasting time - with the troops still in harms way

House OKs war funds until July
By S.A. Miller and Joseph Curl
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The House last night ignored a veto threat and passed a bill to ration war funds, hours after President Bush for the first time offered to negotiate Iraq benchmarks with the Democrat-led Congress.
The bill, which would fund the war in two-month installments and sets up a possible troop withdrawal in August, passed in a 221-205 vote, with Democrats backing the bill by 219-10 and Republicans opposed by 195-2.
A separate House bill for a prompt troop pullout died on a 255-171 vote, significantly more support than expected, with 169 Democrats and two Republicans, voting for the immediate pullout and sending a loud message to Mr. Bush.
The president rejected the fund-rationing scheme as "haphazard, piecemeal funding" and vowed to veto it, as he did last week to a $124 billion bill with a timetable to withdrawal troops as soon as July.
But in an about-face from his demand for war funds free of conditions or restrictions, Mr. Bush agreed to consider a bill that measures Iraqi progress, such as reducing sectarian violence, establishing a militia-disarmament program and enacting laws to share oil revenue.
"One message I have heard from people from both parties is that the idea of benchmarks makes sense -- and I agree," Mr. Bush said at the Pentagon after meeting with top military strategists.
He said he charged White House Chief of Staff Joshua B. Bolten, who has spearheaded war-funding negotiations with Congress, to "find common ground on benchmarks."
But the concession did little to close the gulf separating the White House and Congress because Democrats want benchmarks that include mandatory consequences if they are not met, something the Bush administration is expected to resist.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he welcomed the president's change of heart, but he wants the end of combat operations.
"Democrats remain united in our efforts to change course in Iraq and enact a strategy that makes America more secure," the Nevada Democrat said. "A bipartisan majority of Congress has already concluded that we need more than simple benchmarks without any consequences to accomplish this goal."
House Majority Leader John A. Boehner said he and other Republicans have long supported setting benchmarks but oppose using them to choke off war funds or force a precipitous troop withdrawal.
He compared policy benchmarks for Iraq to the sales goals he set when he owned a packaging business in his home state of Ohio.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20070511-122107-7228r.htm

Forum List

Back