Italian Man Killed 2 Robbers Who Threatened to Kill His Wife, Sent to 13 Years in Prison

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is simply despicable, but in Western Europe you do not have the right to defend yourself. You are a subject of the state and you are expected to cower in a corner and just hope the murdering thugs dont get to you.

Italian Who Killed Robbers Threatening his Wife Jailed for 13 Years

An Italian man who fatally shot two robbers and wounded a third after they broke into his jewellery shop threatening to murder his wife has been sentenced to 13 years in prison and ordered to compensate the families of the two robbers he killed.

Guido Gianni, a 57-year-old jeweller from Nicolosi, Italy, was sentenced to 13 years for the double murder and attempted murder of armed men who broke into his jewellery shop and threatened to kill his wife in February 2008, according to a report by La Sicilia....

Gianni, who had been working in the back of the store, intervened with a 9-millimetre pistol and fired a few shots into the air in an attempt to ward the thieves away.

The thieves apparently reacted by throwing themselves onto Gianni, according to Secolo d’Italia, which led to a scuffle between the jeweller and the three robbers. At some point during the confrontation, Gianni fired his pistol again, fatally wounding two of the thieves.

The report added that “forensic and ballistic experts” later suggested that the jeweller fatally shot the two robbers as they attempted to flee the store.

Moreover, it was later discovered that the gun the thieves had used to threaten Gianni and Di Stefano with was fake — but that there was no way for Gianni to know, as the robbers had removed the red cap to signify that the gun was a replica.​

This is the important part.

The report added that “forensic and ballistic experts” later suggested that the jeweller fatally shot the two robbers as they attempted to flee the store.​

You can't shoot people as they're running away, no matter how gratifying it might be. That's why he was sentenced to prison for 13 years.

The report added that “forensic and ballistic experts” later suggested that the jeweller fatally shot the two robbers as they attempted to flee the store.​

You can't shoot people as they're running away, no matter how gratifying it might be. That's why he was sentenced to prison for 13 years.
The perps rushed the guy and they were struggling, doofus.

The forensic 'experts' are full of crap, and incompetent.

That is like the black woman in Virginia who killed her ex-BF and her last shot caught him just as he was turning and caught him in the back.

Defending yourself is not an exact lab conducted affair. It is messy, there are visual problems, and you cannot ask the perp to face you so you can shoot him properly, lol.

But these ass holes should not have broken into his shop and harmed his wife.

The law should always give the victim of the crime the assumption of innocence and Truthfulness unless there is clear and convincing evidence otherwise, dude.

And it is great you think it is funny that this man got 13 years, lol.

You cannot expect cold, calm deliberation in the presence of a "raised knife".

We have devolved beyond the Law of the Jungle, or even Barbarism.

In the Jungle or in Barbarism, you are allowed to defend yourself.

IN Western Civilization today, society comes down on the side of the monsters AGAINST their own citizens, constantly, and in more and more ways.

Future academics will be amazed that we were so rotted from within, and yet, thanks to the strength built up by our ancestors, managed to stave off Falling for as long as we did.

The forensic 'experts' are full of crap, and incompetent.

How do you know? Have you been following the trial? Are you familiar with the expertise of the forensic experts? Do you speak Italian? Or did you just read it on Brietbart and make a shit load of assumptions that reinforce your obvious biases? Because it sounds like you are picking out what you want to believe and dismissing anything that you don't like.

I sympathize with the owner. But when reading the article, it said that the forensic experts said that the men were shot as they were leaving. Unless you have something to credible dispute that - and thus far, you've posting nothing otherwise - then he broke the law.

IN Western Civilization today, society comes down on the side of the monsters AGAINST their own citizens, constantly, and in more and more ways.

Future academics will be amazed that we were so rotted from within, and yet, thanks to the strength built up by our ancestors, managed to stave off Falling for as long as we did.

If someone did that to me, I'd want to put a bullet in him too.

But I'd also understand it someone put a bullet into another man who was fucking his wife. However, that doesn't mean someone has the right to kill another man because he's fucking his wife any more than someone has the right to shoot a B&E when they are running away.

The OP said that the men were shot in self-defense. The forensic experts said that wasn't the case.

On your knees crime lover, get to work.

If someone did that to me, I'd want to put a bullet in him too.

But I'd also understand it someone put a bullet into another man who was fucking his wife. However, that doesn't mean someone has the right to kill another man because he's fucking his wife any more than someone has the right to shoot a B&E when they are running away.

The OP said that the men were shot in self-defense. The forensic experts said that wasn't the case.

Our civilization has stopped giving the benefit of the doubt to the productive citizen.

THe man was minding his own business, when armed men rushed into his store and threatened the life of his wife.

Our civilization has stopped giving the benefit of the doubt to the productive citizen.

THe man was minding his own business, when armed men rushed into his store and threatened the life of his wife.

I might have shot the guys too. But the court said it wasn't in self-defense.

I have no idea if he shot the criminals in self-defense. However, when reading the link, the forensic experts said he did not. You can't shoot someone if it's not in self-defense. Thus far, the OP hasn't given any evidence that it was in self-defense.

Because the location of the wound alone does not prove the perps were fleeing, dude.
Which was where?
It doesn't say in your link.
A google translation of the original Italian article says:
The jeweler Gianni Guido was at the back of the shop. He heard the screams of his wife and ran, holding a gun. With great coldness the jeweler fired two shots in the air to intimidate the bandits and force them to flee and leave his wife. Instead the three, not worried at all and still holding the weapon, threw themselves on the jeweler. The result was a confrontation with the bandits who - three against one - were getting the better of the jeweler. And Gianni fired again. He fired again while the three bandits finally fled. A fatal error probably due to the terror situation that the jeweler was experiencing. The fact is that one of the robbers died on the spot, falling on Corso Italia, right in front of the jewelry. Another died later in hospital from his injuries.

From the subsequent reconstruction of the medico-legal and ballistic experts it emerged that the man, after engaging in the scuffle with the bandits, would have injured them, but the fatal blows would have been exploded while fleeing and the three would have been centered in the back.
If one is wrestling THREE robbers, you cannot know if the bullet when you pull the trigger is going to hit anyone in the back.

The Forensics experts are corrupt or stupid, take your pick.

I have no idea if he shot the criminals in self-defense. However, when reading the link, the forensic experts said he did not. You can't shoot someone if it's not in self-defense. Thus far, the OP hasn't given any evidence that it was in self-defense.

How many seconds would you give a man, violently attacked by armed men, his life and the life of his wife, threatened,

how many seconds would you give him to collect himself, before holding him completely responsible for his actions and not give him any lee way for the fact he was violently attacked?

ANY? Two? 15?

From the subsequent reconstruction of the medico-legal and ballistic experts it emerged that the man, after engaging in the scuffle with the bandits, would have injured them, but the fatal blows would have been exploded while fleeing and the three would have been centered in the back.
If one is wrestling THREE robbers, you cannot know if the bullet when you pull the trigger is going to hit anyone in the back.

The Forensics experts are corrupt or stupid, take your pick.

Your link doesn't say that all the shots were fired when he was struggling.

It sounds like he shot at least two of them in the back when they were running away. How does one shoot with accurate precision two people running away in the back when he is struggling? If someone is wrestling with another person, and a gun goes off twice, the probability of both shots randomly hitting two people square in the center of the back is statistically zero.

I have no idea if that's true or not.

But I don't think you have any idea either.

How many seconds would you give a man, violently attacked by armed men, his life and the life of his wife, threatened,

how many seconds would you give him to collect himself, before holding him completely responsible for his actions and not give him any lee way for the fact he was violently attacked?

ANY? Two? 15?

I don't know. I'm not presuming I know what happened in the case. Why are you? I'm reading the link and not jumping to conclusions. It seems like you are.

This is simply despicable, but in Western Europe you do not have the right to defend yourself. You are a subject of the state and you are expected to cower in a corner and just hope the murdering thugs dont get to you.

An Italian man who fatally shot two robbers and wounded a third after they broke into his jewellery shop threatening to murder his wife has been sentenced to 13 years in prison and ordered to compensate the families of the two robbers he killed.

Guido Gianni, a 57-year-old jeweller from Nicolosi, Italy, was sentenced to 13 years for the double murder and attempted murder of armed men who broke into his jewellery shop and threatened to kill his wife in February 2008, according to a report by La Sicilia....

Gianni, who had been working in the back of the store, intervened with a 9-millimetre pistol and fired a few shots into the air in an attempt to ward the thieves away.

The thieves apparently reacted by throwing themselves onto Gianni, according to Secolo d’Italia, which led to a scuffle between the jeweller and the three robbers. At some point during the confrontation, Gianni fired his pistol again, fatally wounding two of the thieves.

The report added that “forensic and ballistic experts” later suggested that the jeweller fatally shot the two robbers as they attempted to flee the store.

Moreover, it was later discovered that the gun the thieves had used to threaten Gianni and Di Stefano with was fake — but that there was no way for Gianni to know, as the robbers had removed the red cap to signify that the gun was a replica.​
The assholes here want to give the State that same power over us

ANY? Two? 15?

I don't know. I'm not presuming I know what happened in the case. Why are you? I'm reading the link and not jumping to conclusions. It seems like you are.

I am presuming nothing.

I am reading that he was in great duress, from the actions of the violent criminals.

Any sane, healthy society, would give him, the productive, law abiding citizen, the benefit of the doubt and a good sized helping of sympathy, in his reactions to him and his wife being violently attacked.

Instead of being merciless law-bots.

An Italian man who fatally shot two robbers and wounded a third after they broke into his jewellery shop threatening to murder his wife has been sentenced to 13 years in prison and ordered to compensate the families of the two robbers he killed.​
Guido Gianni, a 57-year-old jeweller from Nicolosi, Italy, was sentenced to 13 years for the double murder and attempted murder of armed men who broke into his jewellery shop and threatened to kill his wife in February 2008, according to a report by La Sicilia....​
Gianni, who had been working in the back of the store, intervened with a 9-millimetre pistol and fired a few shots into the air in an attempt to ward the thieves away.​
The thieves apparently reacted by throwing themselves onto Gianni, according to Secolo d’Italia, which led to a scuffle between the jeweller and the three robbers. At some point during the confrontation, Gianni fired his pistol again, fatally wounding two of the thieves.​

He shot the men as they ran away. He'd be in jail in the USA for doing the same thing. You cannot shoot someone in the back and claim self-defense. Regardless of what they threatened to do before they ran away.

Forum List

Back