It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

WASHINGTON -- It's hard to believe freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) caused such a stir in the Senate with his letter to Iran even before his maiden floor speech. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who led an unsuccessful fight against Obamacare, couldn't even do that.

But Cotton -- now famous for orchestrating the controversial letter to Iran with the signatures of 46 of his GOP colleagues -- finally got the chance to do just that on Monday evening. Cotton began, as one does, with Adolf Hitler.

"The world is growing ever more dangerous, and our defense spending is wholly inadequate to confront the danger," Cotton said. "To be exact, during the last four or five years, the world has grown gravely darker. We have steadily disarmed, partly with a sincere desire to give a lead to other countries and partly due to the severe financial pressure of the time. But a change must now be made. We must not continue longer on a course in which we alone are growing weaker while every other nation is growing stronger."

He continued: "I wish I could take credit for those eloquent but ominous words, but I cannot. Winston Churchill sounded that warning in 1933 as Adolf Hitler had taken power in Germany. Tragically, Great Britain and the West didn't heed this warning, when they might have strangled that monster in his crib. Rather they let the locust continue to eat away at the common defense."

More: It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Cotton is a scary dude - and not in a good way.
Obama has often been compared to Chamberlain.

Selling out our national security only to get some sort of concessions from aggressive nations is a form of insanity, especially since it had been tried and failed so often in the past.

Only by the Republican nutters and only when they aren't calling him a war monger for killing terrorist via remote control.

That makes no sense at all.

I think you have a blurting problem.

Obama tries
Actually he invoked Winston Churchill. Churchill invoked Hitler. Blame Winston Churchill.

Gee, couldn't he have "invoked" something that didn't include Hitler in the first minute of his first Senate floor speech?

Sorry, dickhead, this isn't his first speech.

Why do you shitforbrain liberals always repeat these fake stories like they're consequential?

Yesterday it was the evil Ted Cruz scaring 3 yr olds. Totally false story.

Every time you parrots repeat one of these phony stories you need to be slapped if not beaten severely about the head and shoulders.

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- It's hard to believe freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) caused such a stir in the Senate with his letter to Iran even before his maiden floor speech. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who led an unsuccessful fight against Obamacare, couldn't even do that.

But Cotton -- now famous for orchestrating the controversial letter to Iran with the signatures of 46 of his GOP colleagues -- finally got the chance to do just that on Monday evening. Cotton began, as one does, with Adolf Hitler.

"The world is growing ever more dangerous, and our defense spending is wholly inadequate to confront the danger," Cotton said. "To be exact, during the last four or five years, the world has grown gravely darker. We have steadily disarmed, partly with a sincere desire to give a lead to other countries and partly due to the severe financial pressure of the time. But a change must now be made. We must not continue longer on a course in which we alone are growing weaker while every other nation is growing stronger."

He continued: "I wish I could take credit for those eloquent but ominous words, but I cannot. Winston Churchill sounded that warning in 1933 as Adolf Hitler had taken power in Germany. Tragically, Great Britain and the West didn't heed this warning, when they might have strangled that monster in his crib. Rather they let the locust continue to eat away at the common defense."

More: It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Obama has often been compared to Chamberlain.

Selling out our national security only to get some sort of concessions from aggressive nations is a form of insanity, especially since it had been tried and failed so often in the past.

Only by the Republican nutters and only when they aren't calling him a war monger for killing terrorist via remote control.

That makes no sense at all.

I think you have a blurting problem.

Obama tries
Actually he invoked Winston Churchill. Churchill invoked Hitler. Blame Winston Churchill.

Gee, couldn't he have "invoked" something that didn't include Hitler in the first minute of his first Senate floor speech?

Sorry, dickhead, this isn't his first speech.

Why do you shitforbrain liberals always repeat these fake stories like they're consequential?

Yesterday it was the evil Ted Cruz scaring 3 yr olds. Totally false story.

Every time you parrots repeat one of these phony stories you need to be slapped if not beaten severely about the head and shoulders.

Please provide us with "credible" proof that this wasn't his first Senate floor speech.

Gee, as much as you hate the Jews... I'd think you'd be all over the Hitler reference, or, as I suspect, did it hit a nerve?

Having disdain for Nutanyahoo and his hard-line government is not the same as "hating" Jews. BTW, Arabs are also Semites - so anti-Semitism also applies to them!

Yeah, but you never rant against the Arabs, just the Jews, and you did say this:

"One should always shit, piss, spit, and jerk off toward Israel."

Fact.

Hitler denial.

The new leftist mantra:

Hitler? What's a "hitler"? Oh, wait, a cartoon character? Who remembers anybody named Hittite or Hitlite or anything like that. Could it happen again? Did anything ever happen? Move on....nothing to see here. Nothing to worry about repeating because nothing ever happened.

Gee, as much as you hate the Jews... I'd think you'd be all over the Hitler reference, or, as I suspect, did it hit a nerve?

Having disdain for Nutanyahoo and his hard-line government is not the same as "hating" Jews. BTW, Arabs are also Semites - so anti-Semitism also applies to them!

Yeah, but you never rant against the Arabs, just the Jews, and you did say this:

Fact.

Yes, I did say that, and do you remember why? I was mocking NaziCons like you for belittling Arabs for praying toward Mecca. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Fact.

Yes, I did say that, and do you remember why? I was mocking NaziCons like you for belittling Arabs for praying toward Mecca. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

First off, no I didn't, secondly, you are a well documented Jew Hater, and a liar.

Hitler denial.

The new leftist mantra:

Hitler? What's a "hitler"? Oh, wait, a cartoon character? Who remembers anybody named Hittite or Hitlite or anything like that. Could it happen again? Did anything ever happen? Move on....nothing to see here. Nothing to worry about repeating because nothing ever happened.

That's because the modern leftist rather admires what Hitler tried to do.. just look at t heir rants, it almost always gets around to how much better the world would be without the Jews.

Fact.

First off, no I didn't, secondly, you are a well documented Jew Hater, and a liar.

Prove your claims - or stop lying. Refresh yourself: Link

Last edited:

Fact.

Prove your claims - or stop lying.

Post # 28, 3/2/20154
I'm just thankful to have a president that doesn't suck Jew cock.

Post # 5, 2/15/2015
Nutanyahoo is a despicable little piece of shit.

just for starters... I query your name & Jews and I get 7 pages of hits.

Everybody knows the world will be a safer place when America destroys its nuclear arsenal and Iran finishes building theirs. Then there'll be no need for conflict. Only capitulation like The (New)(Failed)(Failed New) Messiah intended.

Fact.

Prove your claims - or stop lying.

Post # 28, 3/2/20154
I'm just thankful to have a president that doesn't suck Jew cock.

Post # 5, 2/15/2015
Nutanyahoo is a despicable little piece of shit.

Exactly - and all directed at Nutanyahoo. I'm guilty of anti-Netanyahuism - but not anti-Semitism. Don't forget that Arabs are also Semites.

Last edited:
Hitler denial.

The new leftist mantra:

The new rightwing mantra

Every two bit conflict gets inflated to the seriousness of Nazi Germany taking over the world

If we are measuring solely by the fact that Virgin Cotton cited Churchill warning about Hitler, in his cherry-busting Senate speech...

And in light of the fact that he facilitated The Letter to Iran, and that this was still fresh in his mind, and in context...

Well...

The boy is off to a good start, and may do well, and enjoy the confidence of both much of his own Constituency and the American Public at large.

Time will tell.

As many times as you've been schooled on this you continue to repeat your error. You are simply too stupid to learn!

Fact.

Actually a simple search reveals you using NaziCons 127 times on many different subjects. You seem to be quite comfortable invoking Hitler when it suits you, you're a fucking hypocrite.

Fact.

Actually a simple search reveals you using NaziCons 127 times on many different subjects. You seem to be quite comfortable invoking Hitler when it suits you, you're a fucking hypocrite.

I use NaziCon for a good reason.

If Republicans Don't Want to be Compared to Nazis, They Should Stop Acting Like Nazis

As many times as you've been schooled on this you continue to repeat your error. You are simply too stupid to learn!

Please "school" me. I'm always willing to learn...

Fact.

I use NaziCon for a good reason.

If Republicans Don't Want to be Compared to Nazis, They Should Stop Acting Like Nazis

Tell me again what's good for the goose, hypocrite.

The idiocy exhibited by most conservatives doesn't even surprise any more.
I don't see Cotton as a conservative. If he was a conservative, he'd be trying to find a way to increase defense spending without increasing the debt .... and without increasing spending on domestic stuff.

IMO, there's a huge difference between the rabid RWs, like Cotton and true Conservatives.

There are few Conservatives in congress.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back