It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

LoweC20150317_low.jpg

So we have Cotton invoking Hitler and Cruz invoking a world on fire

Where can conservative rhetoric go from here?
Hyper Drive BullShit captain "she cannot take it "...dammit Jim I am a Doctor not an Engineer..."

I guess they got tired of predicting the world would come to an end because of Obamacare

We have wars in the Middle East, North Africa, Mexico, South America, Ukraine, Russia and China building up their Military. Muslim Terrorists in almost every country and you don't think the world is on fire?
WOW !

We have wars in the Middle East, North Africa, Mexico, South America, Ukraine, Russia and China building up their Military. Muslim Terrorists in almost every country and you don't think the world is on fire?
WOW !

All that?

You forgot to tell everyone how Obamacare is so much worse

The world is a mess, but there are no direct comparisons between Hitler and what is going on in the world today - unless one just wants to compare all evil to Hitler. It's just fearmongering.

You're such a hypocrite, fake Indian, all you do is call conservatives nazis.

Actually, he's accusing Obama of appeasing our enemies when in fact the gop hawks are fighting their own members to fully fund Obama's requests for defense spending. But don't let facts get in your way.

Cotton has been on the job for only a couple of months and has already shown himself to be willfully ignorant, willfully dishonest and not interested in changing that.

He's a loose cannon.

Translation liberals hate him, got it. That's fine we hate liberals right back.

WASHINGTON -- It's hard to believe freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) caused such a stir in the Senate with his letter to Iran even before his maiden floor speech. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who led an unsuccessful fight against Obamacare, couldn't even do that.

But Cotton -- now famous for orchestrating the controversial letter to Iran with the signatures of 46 of his GOP colleagues -- finally got the chance to do just that on Monday evening. Cotton began, as one does, with Adolf Hitler.

"The world is growing ever more dangerous, and our defense spending is wholly inadequate to confront the danger," Cotton said. "To be exact, during the last four or five years, the world has grown gravely darker. We have steadily disarmed, partly with a sincere desire to give a lead to other countries and partly due to the severe financial pressure of the time. But a change must now be made. We must not continue longer on a course in which we alone are growing weaker while every other nation is growing stronger."

He continued: "I wish I could take credit for those eloquent but ominous words, but I cannot. Winston Churchill sounded that warning in 1933 as Adolf Hitler had taken power in Germany. Tragically, Great Britain and the West didn't heed this warning, when they might have strangled that monster in his crib. Rather they let the locust continue to eat away at the common defense."

More: It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

Cotton is a scary dude - and not in a good way.
Scary as in anti-Hitler?

Actually he invoked Winston Churchill. Churchill invoked Hitler. Blame Winston Churchill.

Gee, couldn't he have "invoked" something that didn't include Hitler in the first minute of his first Senate floor speech?

What other modern day regime wants world domination like Hitler?

None... it's deeper than that though... the whole Twelfth Imam thing and all. These folks are quite willing to destroy the world, with them in it. That should frighten anyone with a brain.

It Took Tom Cotton Less Than A Minute To Invoke Hitler In First Senate Speech

What a hoot.

Democrats and other leftist fanatics have been calling Republicans "Nazis" for decades. They compare them to Hitler at the drop of a hat.

And now when ONE Republican uses their own tactic on them, suddenly they are outraged. They can't believe that somebody would do such a thing.... or so they tell us now.

Can these people sink any lower?
The fact is nazism is closer to leftist democrats than the right anyway.

Actually he invoked Winston Churchill. Churchill invoked Hitler. Blame Winston Churchill.

Gee, couldn't he have "invoked" something that didn't include Hitler in the first minute of his first Senate floor speech?

Gee, as much as you hate the Jews... I'd think you'd be all over the Hitler reference, or, as I suspect, did it hit a nerve?

Having disdain for Nutanyahoo and his hard-line government is not the same as "hating" Jews. BTW, Arabs are also Semites - so anti-Semitism also applies to them!

Forum List

Back