Former state police: Law enforcement more likely to commit gun crime than permit holders

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Speaking before the Maryland Senate last week, a retired Maryland State Police officer and former commander of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division admitted that he once thought the prospect of many residents having concealed carry permits was “scary.” However, as he educated himself about gun owners, his opinion on concealed carry changed.

As the head of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, Jack McCauley decided what would qualify as a “good and substantial” reason to obtain a handgun permit on a case by case basis. Maryland is a “may issue” state — meaning the ultimate decision on whether to issue a concealed carry permit is left to a government official.

And in the embedded video the guy says: "What's more The same study was done on law enforcement and they were....more likely than the handgun concealed weapon holders to be arrested for a crime involving a firearm....Law enforcement is more dangerous than concealed weapon holders."

Imagine that....the good citizens are more trustworthy than the government. Who would have thought?

The Conversation That Made Veteran Cop Change His Views on Concealed Carry They Schooled Me Video TheBlaze.com

where is the Common sense Expurt , have you seen this story 'B.D. , what do you think , story is right up your alley !!

It is simply statistical fact that permit holders unlawfully use their guns much less than law enforcement officers. Yet no one wants to disarm police.
Strange.

there is a SMALL call to disarm police but I generally think that police should be armed . I just don't like seeing police as the only ones that are armed as is done in some big USA cities and I don't like special privileges for public servants or any gov employee .

Forum List

Back