It Looks Like the Republicans have Lost the Senate

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
Right now the Senate is tied at 49-49, with two races outstanding. But in both these races, Montana and Virginia, the Democrat is leading with 99 percent of the vote counted. There will be recounts, but that almost never changes the outcome of the original count. Amazingly, the Republicans lost not only the House but also the Senate. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/senate/

This isnt a surprise, The house never has changed hands without the Senate changing as well.

What this does mean is we have no chance of fixing the court anymore.

Like having your cake and eating it. You know I just can't understand the liberal mindset. I've never been given a clear and reasonable answer of anything besides finger pointing. I’ve seen a few areas where the liberals had a good account but no real fight to change it and that bothers me. But I guess now I've got to get over it the tide has changed. Stand by to stand by

Like having your cake and eating it. You know I just can't understand the liberal mindset. I've never been given a clear and reasonable answer of anything besides finger pointing. I’ve seen a few areas where the liberals had a good account but no real fight to change it and that bothers me. But I guess now I've got to get over it the tide has changed. Stand by to stand by

I still think the MSM........the other branch of government, had a major "hand" in bringing about this outcome.

Now, with that, I still believe that the GOP has prostituted it's principles........to be bi-partisan with a party(democrats) that desires not to be bi-partisan.

In some ways the GOP has acted like gullible, dummies when they should have been standing tough, and following through with conservative legislation.

Border, Culture, Language...............GWB tried to play with the devil(Vincente Fox).........and got burned. He's convincing me that he was more a "country club" Republican, than what I hoped for when I voted for him in the past two Presidential elections.

I'm so tired of my party(GOP) playing this bipartisan/appeasement role.........Has it ever helped a conservative cause?

You know..I can't say that I am happy the Dems won congress, but I am not mad at all. The only thing that will piss me off is if they brag about it for 2 years. IMO...This country is at it's best when the White House, and Congress are two different parties. That is Bipartisan. This is why Reagans years were so good, and correct me if I am wrong; But wasn't it a Republican congress that balanced the budget when Clinton was in office. I mean..I always thought Congress controlled the spending. See what I mean. They was forced to work with each other in the 80's and 90's. The reason the Republican's lost Congress was because they got complacent. You can blame The President, but they just never said no. That's their job. It's the Presidents' job to ask for this and that...It's their job to accept some and deny some. Period. I am not one bit upset about this. And I am a registered Republican. One thing I noticed is that the majority of Dems who won are conservative Democrats. So I wouldn't worry too much about the Judicial system yet. Let's just see how much influence Pelosi has on her party.

You know..I can't say that I am happy the Dems won congress, but I am not mad at all. The only thing that will piss me off is if they brag about it for 2 years. IMO...This country is at it's best when the White House, and Congress are two different parties. That is Bipartisan. This is why Reagans years were so good, and correct me if I am wrong; But wasn't it a Republican congress that balanced the budget when Clinton was in office. I mean..I always thought Congress controlled the spending. See what I mean. They was forced to work with each other in the 80's and 90's. The reason the Republican's lost Congress was because they got complacent. You can blame The President, but they just never said no. That's their job. It's the Presidents' job to ask for this and that...It's their job to accept some and deny some. Period. I am not one bit upset about this. And I am a registered Republican. One thing I noticed is that the majority of Dems who won are conservative Democrats. So I wouldn't worry too much about the Judicial system yet. Let's just see how much influence Pelosi has on her party.

I think those are valid, and hopeful points!

Yeah, good points man. I agree.

Border, Culture, Language...............GWB tried to play with the devil(Vincente Fox).........and got burned. He's convincing me that he was more a "country club" Republican, than what I hoped for when I voted for him in the past two Presidential elections.QUOTE]

I joke and say: Can you say NAFTA???? Yes I will agree he got burnt by not sending a clear message to our so-called southern friends.

Forum List

Back