it is about freedom of choice

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
I do not always agree with Emma but I agree with everything she says here

Iran is not only Tehran... The rest of the country is conservative and supports the Mullahs. This fact does not give the silent, conservative majority a right to impose a religious dictatorship on the secular minority.

With the haredi breeding like rabbits this may well be the future of your country... just saying.

Iran is not only Tehran... The rest of the country is conservative and supports the Mullahs. This fact does not give the silent, conservative majority a right to impose a religious dictatorship on the secular minority.

With the haredi breeding like rabbits this may well be the future of your country... just saying.

I agree.

There are a couple of threads on declaring the US a "Christian nation". You might mention the "This fact does not give the silent, conservative majority a right to impose a religious dictatorship on the secular minority" in those too.

Originally posted by WinterBorn
I agree.

There are a couple of threads on declaring the US a "Christian nation". You might mention the "This fact does not give the silent, conservative majority a right to impose a religious dictatorship on the secular minority" in those too.

Most religious fundamentalists love theocracies, WB... as long as it is their "brand" of theocracy because they know very well the other types will do to them exactly what they want to do to the rest of society.

If only they could understand that the best way to protect the religious freedom of everybody is precisely a non-confessional state.

They do have a point when they say secular states tend to weaken the religious sentiment of the population of a country in the long run but this is a small price they have to pay for their religious freedom even the freedom of the majority who in principle might be tempted to support a religious authoritarian state.

As buddhists like to say:

All the things in the Universe are permanently impermanent.

The religious majority of today may very well be the minority of tomorrow.

100 years ago catholics in Brazil were 100% of the population now they are 70%. The secular state is the best way to ensure that a future protestant majority won't restrict their religious freedom.

Last edited:
I agree you can’t ban the hijab and can’t force women to wear it. It must be a matter of personal choice

I agree you can’t ban the hijab and can’t force women to wear it. It must be a matter of personal choice
More importantly in a free Nation a woman has to have autonomy over her own body. Talk about government overreach. Abortion laws have to be the ultimate.

Forum List

Back