Issues on which I disagree with the right

100% correct, we won't. That's why you vote for the people closest to your views instead of waiting the rest of your life for one that addresses every concern of yours.
And that just keeps the 2 corrupt political parties in control so they can keep fucking us over.

This can be the start of debate, or just a bit of disclaimer for me.

I'm libertarian. As I predicted in the introductions thread, I seem to be disagreeing with progressives/leftists on here and thus may appear to some of you to be right-wing. So, here's where I'm not right-wing:

Pretty much any right-wing belief that opposes liberty or equality of opportunity, or that favors government involvement in areas in which the government should butt out.

So - even though I wish there were far fewer abortions, or even no abortions - I don't favor banning them.

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage, but if they do license marriage, it should be available to all sexes, all perceived genders and in any number - barring under-age marriage. Libertarianism is for adults.

I don't favor the war on drugs.

I don't favor the wars in the middle-east.

I don't favor going to war to protect Taiwan.

The MIC has been wagging the dog far to long, IMHO.
I bet you even believe that all lives matter

1638530209714.png

I'm libertarian. As I predicted in the introductions thread, I seem to be disagreeing with progressives/leftists on here and thus may appear to some of you to be right-wing. So, here's where I'm not right-wing:

Pretty much any right-wing belief that opposes liberty or equality of opportunity, or that favors government involvement in areas in which the government should butt out.

So - even though I wish there were far fewer abortions, or even no abortions - I don't favor banning them.

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage, but if they do license marriage, it should be available to all sexes, all perceived genders and in any number - barring under-age marriage. Libertarianism is for adults.

Seymour,

Somethings i agree with you and some not. But I do agree with your right to be represented, just as much as I believe a Socially Conservative and Fiscally Liberal person would as well...

US has how many choices of coffees to but but has only two parties... That is nuts... It is a joke being played on the American people... Democrats have suggested moving towards a Multi-seat District preference voting system but it is a hard no from GOP. GOP would break up in a second if the Trump Supporters, Pro-Business Moderates & Libertarians could go there own way... This would not do....

Democrats wouldn't be immune from a break up but it could be more manageable... Progressives & Moderates...

Honestly I could see Libertarians mellowing there position a bit and becoming a mainstream Social Liberal and Economic Conservative Party...

So you would have about 5-6 main parties plus a few independents... This immediately makes negative campaigning detrimental...

GOP way of stopping this is by saying this is what Democrats want and they are the enemy... If you are on the side of the enemy then you are not with us... The purity test...

But lets be clear, they know Libertarians will side with them even though they will not get what they wanted and never will..

My comments were addressed to the OP. You aren’t going by two different usernames at the same time, are you?
had me wondering. answered 1 person and this rigby stepped in to take over the responses.

And that just keeps the 2 corrupt political parties in control so they can keep fucking us over.

There are some things in life you have no control over. You may not like it, but that's the way it is. You can only deal with reality, there is nothing accomplished by trying to deal with fantasy.

Don't feel bad being a libertarian and not having a party.

Look around and the DNC and GOP, those that claim to have a party are miserable with their party. They don't really feel represented either, because they are not.

For you see, issues like abortion have less to do with parties ruling and representing the populace than it does dollar signs. After all, the abortion industry is a billion dollar industry, there is no money in saving the unborn. Sure, the GOP says they want it stopped but never stop it when in power. In fact, today the President and majority of those on SCOTUS are all Catholic, but none of them want to stop it either. Your opinion on abortion probably has less to do with assessing the issue on your own than it does the powers that be in politics, the media, and academia forming your opinions on the matter.

For example, back when slavery was economically conducive, the establishment, that is the media, the politicians, academia, etc., all favored slavery in some form or another, even though they often admitted it was not ideal but convinced the populace that the black slave was nothing more than a glorified ape and not a person. But at the same time, when owning animals as beasts of burden, you would rather have a machine to all the hard work that an animal, so that is why it was not ideal. Hell, the 9 black robes even passed the Dred Scott Decision endorsing slavery as Constitutional. Even though the notion that slavery is conducive with the Constitution is laughable today, back then the media, academia, and political establishment, etc., all convinced those in society it made sense. As a result, most said slavery was Ok, even though not ideal. However, after slavery was made illegal, to make room for the industrial age, the notion that slavery was morally just is abhorrent and laughable, just because that has been promoted since the end of the Civil War.

And likewise, abortion, before being made legal, was viewed as abhorrent and evil, but decades after being made legal and promoted by the powers that be world wide, abortion is viewed as Ok, even though not ideal, much like slavery was embraced in the 1800's. And like slaves, these unborn globs of tissue are not really human, just like the slaves in the 1800's, so we can do with them as we like. Notice that Roe vs. Wade made no attempt to assess the humanity of the unborn, not even using scientists to do so, just like they made no attempt to assess the humanity of the slave in the 1800's, But I think the assessment of slaves being equals as human beings was not done mostly out of fear of possibly having their position torn to shreds, so why not just ignore it altogether?

So when looking at the history of how the bulk of society are mere lemmings for the propaganda that steer voters, it is rather humbling.

Naturally, you think you are immune from such manipulation, as do all the rest of the sheep in the herd, but history reveals the truth. Our morality as a nation is coerced by the laws and propaganda imposed upon us, that is our history.

Last edited:
There are some things in life you have no control over. You may not like it, but that's the way it is. You can only deal with reality, there is nothing accomplished by trying to deal with fantasy.
It's reality that you can vote for someone other than a corrupt republican or a corrupt democrat.

So get upset over something you can't change. It's the choice of the people not to have a viable third party--not any system.
Nope.

Whine all you want about third party voters. But you're not getting our votes until you produce decent candidates.

Nope.

Whine all you want about third party voters. But you're not getting our votes until you produce decent candidates.

Nobody is whining about anything. Like I said, your vote, do with it as you like. But don't bitch at the results like we have today.

Nobody is whining about anything. Like I said, your vote, do with it as you like. But don't bitch at the results like we have today.
No, I'm telling you - I'll bitch all I want. I have every right. You people keep electing bad leaders. Stop it already!

No, I'm telling you - I'll bitch all I want. I have every right. You people keep electing bad leaders. Stop it already!

No you don't have the right to bitch. You and millions like you could have stopped the disaster we have today but didn't. You either stayed home or voted third party.

You could have voted for Trump and we wouldn't be having any of these problems today.
LOL - you owe me a keyboard. I just spit my drink all over.

I told you, I'm not voting for your shitty candidate. Period. And no, it's NOT my fault you stupid bastards keep voting for bad leaders.

Conservatism comes with maturity and the acceptance of personal responsibility.
Liberalism is the ideology of the childlike mind: Gimme stuff for free, you're a meanie, its all the other guys fault, please take care of me and give me an allowance, etc. Unfortunately the parent in the Liberal world is an authoritarian government that controls you the same why a parent controls a child.

Forum List

Back