Israeli ministers approve new restrictions on dovish groups

From the left leaning Washington Times. You 3 clowns surely are the forum's best comedy act. LOL

"In contrast, pro-government and nationalistic nonprofit groups tend to rely on wealthy private donors, who are exempt from the measures under the bill. The legislature is expected to approve the bill as early as this week."

Israel disclosure bill seen stifling dovish groups, protecting Netanyahu: Critics

The bill is nondiscriminatory, the ONLY reason the palestinian sympathizers are squawking is because they get more than 50% of their aid from Arab or European governments and now they will be exposed for the charlatans they are.

OK so todays word of the day is going to be HONESTY

We are each all of us going to find at some point in our discourse that we are Wrong about something.

For my part when that day arrives I make it a point to stop drop and roll in the revelation, admit my error and move forward to a place of greater understanding

In this particular situation ( my being new here, and yes just give it time and i'm sure I'll be way wrong eventually on something ) our first contestant turned out to be Montie.

So Montie, are you going to be able to admit you were wrong as pointed out in the following or are you going to cling with a death grip to the error and move forward in blissful ignorance ?

My take on people who can't admit when they are blatantly and obviously wrong is that they are not engaging HONESTLY ( our word for the day ) with those they are privileged to be conversing with.

In which case that privilege might just be revoked on of course a one to one basis.

My conclusion after offering you ( Montie ) multiple opportunities to either retract your statement or admit it was incorrect; and having you ignore that opportunity repeatedly, is that I'm not so sure we can engage in a productive conversation if we each aren't "learning" from one another if one of us refuses to ever admit error.

my statements stem from the following

Lets review then, Montie

You said
"the bill targets only so-called pro-peace groups and that pro-nationalistic nonprofits are exempt."
End Quote

And I proved you wrong with your own link

Liar liar
Pants on fire

The bill targets NGOs
All NGOs who get more than 50% of their money from foreign sources

ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN REFERENCE
Any NGO that is mostly funded by foreign governments would be required to say so in all publications and public reports, in any contact in writing, and at meetings with public officials and employees. The NGO’s representatives would have to wear name tags stating the name of their organization when they are at the Knesset, as lobbyists must.
Read more at Anti-Israeli NGOs Will be Forced to Reveal Sources of Funding - Israel News
End Quote

Exactly as I said earlier

Myth Busted ;--)
End Quote

Its obvious the bill does not target specific NGOs based on affiliation but NGOs based on foreign funding.

Goodbye for now. Since I can't convince myself that simply admitting error is the adult thing to do I find myself seeking other avenues of persuasion. In this case I think a little time out is in order.

You are obscuring the real deal which you could win with. Stupid.

NGOs of whatever stripe are supposed to report foreign states or organizations that are funding them. As it is exclusively foreign states or organizations that are supporting jew hate groups therefore this bill will exclusively deal with anti jewish hate groups.

As all pro jewish groups are made up of jews, qed, those groups don't have to report.

That said, all states except Israel have laws like this already. Anti state activity is by foreigners is just banned by everyone. Israel is just late to the party

Only states like white ruled South Africa banned foreign funded organizations that fought against racism and oppression. You are full of crap.

NGOs of whatever stripe are supposed to report foreign states or organizations that are funding them. As it is exclusively foreign states or organizations that are supporting jew hate groups therefore this bill will exclusively deal with anti jewish hate groups.

As all pro jewish groups are made up of jews, qed, those groups don't have to report.

That said, all states except Israel have laws like this already. Anti state activity is by foreigners is just banned by everyone. Israel is just late to the party

Sorta, he couldn't win as in admit he was wrong because the bill didn't specifically say pro nationalist NPOs are exempt, as he originally claimed. A lot of worming and squirming later and he just couldn't find a way around his error.

He might have taken the high ground and just admitted his error though.

Other than that your statement is accurate. Most other countries already have laws to prevent to much outside money from interfering in internal affairs.

"Despite the general prohibition on foreign national contributions and donations, foreign nationals may lawfully engage in political activity that is not connected with any election to political office at the federal, state, or local levels."

Foreign Nationals Brochure

Sorta, he couldn't win as in admit he was wrong because the bill didn't specifically say pro nationalist NPOs are exempt, as he originally claimed. A lot of worming and squirming later and he just couldn't find a way around his error.

He might have taken the high ground and just admitted his error though.

Other than that your statement is accurate. Most other countries already have laws to prevent to much outside money from interfering in internal affairs.

Of course I am right you nutter. Your buddy Ruddy, the Zionist King, agrees with me. That's all I need.

But, if you consider that an American Jew sponsoring a Settler organization does not have to report because he is a Jew, you can see why Israel is such a screwed up place.

Forum List

Back