Israel sets March deadline for Gaza ground offensive in Rafah

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
A war cabinet member says unless Hamas frees all hostages by 10 March an assault will begin in Rafah.

Remote : Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:00:00 GMT
Local : 2024-02-19(Monday) 01 : 00 : 00

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

with all due respect and genuine concern towards the truly-innocent among Palestinians,
i think Israel is right to maintain a hold on the moral highground and regional military superpower status by determining the terms in this war.

but i'd like to hear what you think about it.

19 days. Of course, he didn't say the ground ops would begin then. That will be the biggest risk for civilians. Bombing specific targets kills some civilians because Hamas forces them or convinces them to stay next to their fighters but once the IDF begins taking fire from Hamas positions, those positions will be eliminated, along with any civilians that stay there.
If the US/UN gave a damn about these people they would have been on the ground the first month working out a plan to house hundreds of thousands of them as well as finding medical aid and food for them. After 3 months, that effort would have created an entirely different situation on the ground and would have reduced pressure on Israel to stop a just war against an existential enemy.

Gee, I wonder why no one bothered to do a damned thing but spew hate at Israel? JK, everyone knows why, they just don't have the integrity to admit it.

19 days. Of course, he didn't say the ground ops would begin then. That will be the biggest risk for civilians. Bombing specific targets kills some civilians because Hamas forces them or convinces them to stay next to their fighters but once the IDF begins taking fire from Hamas positions, those positions will be eliminated, along with any civilians that stay there.
If the US/UN gave a damn about these people they would have been on the ground the first month working out a plan to house hundreds of thousands of them as well as finding medical aid and food for them. After 3 months, that effort would have created an entirely different situation on the ground and would have reduced pressure on Israel to stop a just war against an existential enemy.

Gee, I wonder why no one bothered to do a damned thing but spew hate at Israel? JK, everyone knows why, they just don't have the integrity to admit it.
yeah, i think we need to fight that part, the convincing that groups like Hamas do against their own civilians (and especially their young civilians), to just accept 'martyrdom or involuntary-martyrdom' (which turns this Muslims-vs-Israelis+The-West war into a reincarnation-proof millenia-long war), on the idealogical level and mass-media level. we're currently tied up there (in that idealogical battle), or even forced into a retreat from the moral highground (which is very dangerous in the mid-to-long term).

A war cabinet member says unless Hamas frees all hostages by 10 March an assault will begin in Rafah.

Remote : Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:00:00 GMT
Local : 2024-02-19(Monday) 01 : 00 : 00
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

with all due respect and genuine concern towards the truly-innocent among Palestinians,
i think Israel is right to maintain a hold on the moral highground and regional military superpower status by determining the terms in this war.

but i'd like to hear what you think about it.

Translation: take over Rafah before the beginning of Ramadan.

It seems they're afraid of that word on BBC.

Of course, it's so apparent, yet I haven't seen this point articulated so eloquently, if at all this far.

Last edited:
yeah, i think we need to fight that part, the convincing that groups like Hamas do against their own civilians (and especially their young civilians), to just accept 'martyrdom or involuntary-martyrdom' (which turns this Muslims-vs-Israelis+The-West war into a reincarnation-proof millenia-long war), on the idealogical level and mass-media level. we're currently tied up there (in that idealogical battle), or even forced into a retreat from the moral highground (which is very dangerous in the mid-to-long term).

Like Your general overview of the forest and the stakes of the situation.

The tide is shifting as we speak, beyond what we're used to see,

many good people joined Israel that are not wasting time.

We're the critical mass, not the Muslims world,

and it's working.

Forum List

Back