Isn't the Police State what Progressives want?

Isn't the Police State was Progressives Want?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

More laws = More police = more people in jail and/or dead.

Nope, you have it wrong, it's the right who favors a police state, so they can enforce bans on all forms of personal freedom that they don't agree with.

We do? Please, do elaborate.

I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

They're not bright enough to make the connection between what they advocate and what they are getting. They're highly related.

yep, they somehow think they will be "protected" from it all because they were good little sheep.

You have to understand that is what the far left wants, the only problem is the population and the police are still armed, they only want the criminals to be armed..

"Gee, I thought you only rounded up and murdered people we disagreed with and hated, like Conservatives" -- surprised Progressive when he gets the knock on his door

If you cons hate abortion, then why not boycott products from red china? Cons want laws against abortion by the way. How would that be enforced? By a police state.

You have to understand that is what the far left wants, the only problem is the population and the police are still armed, they only want the criminals to be armed..

That's what the far left wants. What does the middle of the road left want?

I'm sorry. I was down in the underground levels of DHS HQ, on level Dubya, waterboarding a Muslim and did not see this topic until just now. I guess the program which monitors everyone's emails and internet postings must be on the fritz, or else my Android phone doesn't work that far under the earth.

Hey, where the fuck is your flag pin, mister? And I don't see a Support Our Troops on your commie Prius, either.

If you aren't for us, you are against us. Remember that.

Now sign this NSL and don't ever tell anyone we had this conversation, got it?

What year is it? Is it still 2006? I've been down there a while.

Progressives make a distinction between 'Federal' law enforcement and 'State/Local' law enforcement.

You don't see any proposals by the administration to put body cams on FBI or IRS agents.

Do you suppose the militarization of local police forces was something Liberals wanted to do, or was it Conservative ideology that drove that decision? Law and Order? Tough on Crime? Are those catch phrases of the Left or Right?

I'm sorry. I was down in the basement at DHS HQ waterboarding a Muslim and did not see this topic until just now. I guess the program which monitors everyone's emails and internet postings must be on the fritz.

Hey, where the fuck is your flag pin, mister? And I don't see a Support Our Troops on your commie Prius, either.

If you aren't for us, you are against us. Remember that.

You add so little to the conversation

Thread summary:

Conservative police state apologists are declaring "but ... but ... my voices told me the liberals like police states too, so that justifies my own love of the police state!".

(Even if their voices weren't just making stuff up, two wrongs still wouldn't make a right.)

If you cons hate abortion, then why not boycott products from red china? Cons want laws against abortion by the way. How would that be enforced? By a police state.

you left/dems have been wailing on abortion for years and I'll be damned it's still legal for you all to kill your offspring. You really need some new material

The progs will get it if the cons don't rein in the cops at the state and local levels.

The progs are playing the propaganda on this very well.

^ Thinks sucking up to the police state will make him immune

I think your mind is crumbling. Do you want the feds overreaching and supervising our local LEOs. If we don't rein in senseless police brutality, that is what you, Frank, are asking for. You think protecting lawless cops is going to protect you from them.

The far right cons here, the protectors they tell us of small government, support rogue cops.

That won't protect them from rogue cops.

If I remember the last few weeks correctly Republicans were the ones saying that everything was fine and the harrassment of people would stop if you just did everything they told you to do

Is

you left/dems have been wailing on abortion for years and I'll be damned it's still legal for you all to kill your offspring. You really need some new material

Wailing on abortion? What's that supposed to mean?

You government folks. you better wake the hell up

SNIP:

The Pentagon Finally Details its Weapons-for-Cops Giveaway
Bellying up to the arsenal.

by Shawn Musgrave, Tom Meagher, Ivar Vong & Gabriel Dance on Dec. 4, 2014, noon
This piece was reported and written by Shawn Musgrave of MuckRock and Tom Meagher and Gabriel Dance for The Marshall Project, a nonprofit news organization covering criminal justice. Subscribe to its newsletter, or like it on Facebook. Follow MuckRock on Twitter and Facebook.
You may have heard that the image-conscious Los Angeles Unified School District chose to return the grenade launchers it received from the Defense Department’s surplus equipment program. You probably have not heard about some of the more obscure beneficiaries of the Pentagon giveaway:
  • Police in Johnston, R.I., with a population less than 29,000, acquired two bomb disposal robots, 10 tactical trucks, 35 assault rifles, more than 100 infrared gun sights and two pairs of footwear designed to protect against explosive mines. The Johnson police department has 67 sworn officers.
  • The parks division of Delaware’s Department of Natural Resources was given 20 M-16 rifles, while the fish and wildlife enforcement division obtained another 20 M-16s, plus eight M-14 rifles and ten .45-caliber automatic pistols.
  • Campus police at the University of Louisiana, Monroe, received 12 M-16s to help protect the 8,811 students there (or perhaps to keep them in line).
  • The warden service of Maine’s Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife received a small aircraft, 96 night vision goggles, 67 gun sights and seven M-14 rifles.
For more than 20 years, the Pentagon program that distributes surplus weapons, aircraft and vehicles to police departments nationwide received little attention or scrutiny. Defense Department officials closely guarded the details of which agencies across the country received which items.
Then, events in Ferguson propelled the 1033 program, as the surplus distribution is called, into the public eye.

ALL of it here:
The Pentagon Finally Details its Weapons-for-Cops Giveaway Muckrock

And why do you think Obama is calling for a: CIVILIAN national security force?
just who would they be beholding to?
You voted for him NOW look where we are. rioting, looting, marches disrupting your lives, etc

The progs will get it if the cons don't rein in the cops at the state and local levels.

The progs are playing the propaganda on this very well.

You libs are unhinged, since when do conservatives control the cops in black communities, that's the liberals home turf. In fact why do you liberals hate blacks? Why do you profile them? I think of the poor blacks in Chicago and New York and have to wonder if they have Stockholm syndrome or something.

That's the basic equation. Progs whinge about the very same excessive police force that their ideology enables.

Thread summary:

Conservative police state apologists are declaring "but ... but ... my voices told me the liberals like police states too, so that justifies my own love of the police state!".

(Even if their voices weren't just making stuff up, two wrongs still wouldn't make a right.)

^ Moron keeps thinking Conservative means Progressive

snip:

From Uncle Sam to Uncle Sam
By far, the biggest customer of the 1033 program has been the federal government itself. The State Department’s narcotics enforcement branch in Florida has received more than $212 million in aircraft since 2010. Customs and Border Protection units in several states got at least 17 cargo planes, 10 helicopters and 10 bomb robots, and a total of $39 million worth of tactical equipment since the program began in 1991.

Other federal agencies that received tactical equipment through the program include the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Secret Service, as well as agencies not usually associated with law enforcement, such as the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The Pentagon Finally Details its Weapons-for-Cops Giveaway Muckrock

Forum List

Back