Isn't/shouldn't it kind of be men's responsibility not to have sex with women?

would it really surprise you to learn that I have had sex with about 100 different women in my life without protection, unless with hookers, and always with the womens consent, and about 40% of the time the women were the instigators, and 100% there were no strings attached no numbers exchanged?
I'm probably that guy in that movie who has 147 kids. However, I proud to say I haven't been hit with child support yet mostly because I protect myself. The thing is you can't blame me.
I'm coming to expect this from you. That's why I said responsibility in the title...

The responsibility was waived direct by the women when it came to me.

Then why do you think men are inferior? Why this animus against men?
I never said that. I said that everyone is equal. I don't hate men, and am a man myself.

No. They are that way by design.
Then you do admit that that they are. One cannot have both burdensome responsibilities and freedom.

And this is where ALL of your argument loses credibility. You're racist, bigoted, and misandristic all at once.
Pointing out the racist, bigoted, and misogynistic power structure of society is racist, bigoted, and misandristic? Really? It's not really even a secret. It's a fact of life for the majority of Americans.

So it goes directly with what I said about marriage being a prettied up remnant of the old domestic slavery.

No, I'd think your argument should apply here too, should it not? If a platonic relationship with a man restricts a woman's freedom, then so, too, does such a relationship between two women. You can't simply make allowances for the woman when it is with the same gender. Sorry.
The main problem with this outside of health and safety issues on her part is that of Patriarchy. Men are inherently more privileged than women. They inherently have the upper hand in any relationship with a woman. Women with women don't have that issue. Men with men have it less than cis/het couples.

Then who did? The man? Can men read minds? If I could read minds, I would be a nerd in need of a girlfriend right now would I?
I've explained this multiple times now. The simplest answer is Patriarchy. It's not any one person. It's not even a group of people. It's the sexist power structure built into the social subconscious.

No we are not. Your assertion is that a woman's needs takes place above all other needs, but she is not obligated to do likewise. We in this world call that a 'double standard.'
My assertion is that men should be placing women's needs and wellbeing above their own personal wants. Nothing more and nothing less.

Think about it. A woman's first time is practically always painful and bloody. She risks pregnancy every single time she has it. If she does get pregnant, and can't get an abortion for some reason, then she's going to spend the next nine months becoming increasingly sick and uncomfortable with it only ending in the single most painful experience humanly possible. She also risks permanent damage and infection. All of these medical facts lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that it's in women's best interests if men leave them alone in that way. If men claim to love women so much, then shouldn't we at least put our personal lusts/urges second to their health and safety? Shouldn't we be putting those things above what we want or what they claim to want?

I think all of the USMB Male Progressives leave women alone

Think about it. A woman's first time is practically always painful and bloody. She risks pregnancy every single time she has it. If she does get pregnant, and can't get an abortion for some reason, then she's going to spend the next nine months becoming increasingly sick and uncomfortable with it only ending in the single most painful experience humanly possible. She also risks permanent damage and infection. All of these medical facts lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that it's in women's best interests if men leave them alone in that way. If men claim to love women so much, then shouldn't we at least put our personal lusts/urges second to their health and safety? Shouldn't we be putting those things above what we want or what they claim to want?
But jelly roll just drives you stone mad.

Propagation of the species trumps your premise.

I never said that. I said that everyone is equal. I don't hate men, and am a man myself.

So what would you know about what a woman wants?

Then you do admit that that they are. One cannot have both burdensome responsibilities and freedom.

Yeah, they can. Take the law for example. Your freedom is contingent keeping certain responsibilities in order to maintain that freedom. Pure, unfettered freedom would lead to anarchy.

So it goes directly with what I said about marriage being a prettied up remnant of the old domestic slavery.

So, can you provide links to this? Marriage is thousands of years old, it has many variations.

Men are inherently more privileged than women.

No they are not. No one person is more privileged than another, despite your contentions.

It's the sexist power structure built into the social subconscious.

Oh, so you have a degree in psychology now? Sigmund Freud is not amused.

My assertion is that men should be placing women's needs and wellbeing above their own personal wants. Nothing more and nothing less.

They both should be placing the other's needs before their own, not just the man. What part of that don't you understand?

So, I'm still waiting. You have yet to specify the extent to which a man in the US has the advantage over their female partner in a relationship, and why it is severe enough that avoiding sex/romance is a potential moral imperative. Without specifics, it's impossible to determine your proposal's value.

I'm also curious as to why the restraint must be solely the responsibility of the males.

There's not a lot I can help you with here.

One thing - Templar Kormac is a virgin in his mid-twenties that lives in his Granny's basement. True story. Don't pay him any mind.

Also, it doesn't much matter what happens when a woman loses her virginity, she's going to do it sooner or later.

As for the diseases ... why would anyone want to have a disease? I mean if one has crotch rot wouldn't one rather see a doctor before poking around?

There are men out there that have an entitlement mentality, you know, the ones that say rapists are messengers of God. [/eyeroll] Oh - and the ones that are opposed to the Violence Against Women Act. And those that declare that men are by default the heads of households, you know, because ... because... um... oh yeah, because men look just like God. [/eyeroll]

As long as people allow such stupidity to exist, women are but victims with no responsibility for any of the resulting consequences.

Your understanding of sexuality has given rise to these kinds of questions, or more precisely your complete lack of understanding. A girl's first time for example assume the girl's having intercourse with her hymen still intact which would make her too young to legally have sex in the first place. As girl's go through puberty, the estrogen their bodies are producing causes the hymen membrane to thin, perforate, and eventually dissolve completely. If the hymen's punctured during intercourse, she's still too young to be having sex. Yet an entire myth has formed up around this 'fact of life' to discourage girls from having sex, "the first time's gonna hurt and make you bleed."

Similarly you seemt o be under the mistaken impression a girl's sexual pleasure has something to do with a man's penis. It doesn't. A girl's sexual pleasure is almost entirely located around her clitoris. And stimulating it to orgasm doesn't involve our penises at all. Intercourse feels nice, but there's no mechanism or physical structure in a vagina that would give the woman an orgasm. Yet another myth - "a woman needs a man for sexual satisfaction." Nope.

Taking your premise though and adjusting things a bit, if men loved women so much they should be having sex with other men for recreational pleasure, and only with women for procreation. Worked this way in ancient times and until Christianity came along worked quite well. :)

Your understanding of sexuality has given rise to these kinds of questions, or more precisely your complete lack of understanding. A girl's first time for example assume the girl's having intercourse with her hymen still intact which would make her too young to legally have sex in the first place. As girl's go through puberty, the estrogen their bodies are producing causes the hymen membrane to thin, perforate, and eventually dissolve completely. If the hymen's punctured during intercourse, she's still too young to be having sex. Yet an entire myth has formed up around this 'fact of life' to discourage girls from having sex, "the first time's gonna hurt and make you bleed."

Similarly you seemt o be under the mistaken impression a girl's sexual pleasure has something to do with a man's penis. It doesn't. A girl's sexual pleasure is almost entirely located around her clitoris. And stimulating it to orgasm doesn't involve our penises at all. Intercourse feels nice, but there's no mechanism or physical structure in a vagina that would give the woman an orgasm. Yet another myth - "a woman needs a man for sexual satisfaction." Nope.

Taking your premise though and adjusting things a bit, if men loved women so much they should be having sex with other men for recreational pleasure, and only with women for procreation. Worked this way in ancient times and until Christianity came along worked quite well. :)

18+ always check for ID.

So what would you know about what a woman wants?
Women are people. People don't like pain. People do want to be safe and healthy. I understand its effects on them to know it's not conducive to safety and health. It's not hard to put together unless you're a con.

Yeah, they can. Take the law for example. Your freedom is contingent keeping certain responsibilities in order to maintain that freedom. Pure, unfettered freedom would lead to anarchy.
We're not talking about the law. We're talking about ethical relationships and basic human rights.

So, can you provide links to this? Marriage is thousands of years old, it has many variations.
Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Rape, originally defined as abduction, became marriage by capture. Marriage meant the taking was to extend in time, to be not only use of but possession of, or ownership.
This fact is well established throughout history, from Ancient Greece to 50s America.

No they are not. No one person is more privileged than another, despite your contentions.
Men have privilege over women in our society like whites have privilege over minorities and cis/het have privilege over queer.

Oh, so you have a degree in psychology now? Sigmund Freud is not amused.
I don't need it to understand what Patriarchy actually is. Cons pretend it's some conspiracy theory or group of people. It's not. It's an idea - a meme that infects everyone living in our society.

They both should be placing the other's needs before their own, not just the man. What part of that don't you understand?[
To love someone is to place their needs above your wants. You want to fuck her. You don't need to. She does need to be safe and healthy. Intercourse carries great risks for her and pleasure mostly for you. Any pleasure she could get out of it is outweighed by your own and the fact that it's very possibly risking her life. If you love her, then you will leave her alone. If you don't care about her, then you shouldn't be involved with her anyway.

The TS stands for "Totally Stupid" in this case.
My first two initials.

Forum List

Back