Isn't it time you yanks grew up regarding your gun death epidemic?

But like Lucy said "People kill people." If people were brought up to have more respect for life and to have more self control, they wouldn't be so quick to grab a gun and shoot someone.

Support for abortion is a huge part of the problem.

How much respect can anyone have for human life in general, who has no respect for the right of even the most innocent and vulnerable of all human beings to be allowed to live? Anyone who defends the savage and evil practice of abortion, or any right to have any part in this brutal, murderous practice, truly is in no position at all to lecture anyone else on the value of human life.

Gun related deaths per 100,000 population.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

How do you claim a country is "civilized" when their violent crime rate is double that of ours?

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behavior.

i-DBZ3hqP-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

^^^^ The above is from 2009 and it's crap, a link from 2009 should not even be allowed to be posted as it is NOT even RELEVANT on ANY level.

Sorry the below after # 1 is horsecrap, I can tell you we are certainly NOT # 2, look where the figures are coming from the EU Commission and THE UNITED NATIONS, total horsecrap and also the article is from 2009

View attachment 340871
Trashing my nation with the above CRAP will NOT go unchallenged, so let's look at some actual figures and NOT the above SHIT. We have one of the LOWEST murder rates in the world - and yes we have approx 4.5 millions guns in private ownership I add.

View attachment 340875

View attachment 340877
Very hinky numbers. We have half the violent crimes of Canada? CANADA?

That leaves the ONLY other option and that it is a Social and Cultural problem that causes America to have the high rate of gun deaths. This is about Education and good paying jobs, America's highest rates of gun deaths are all in areas that have low education, bad schools and either no jobs or just above poverty level paying jobs ie. McDonalds, cleaning the streets etc The situation there is that IF you have low education or no education you are going to end up getting a low paying job where you can not support yourself and/or your family.
Agree! It's a real social and cultural problem. But Lucy, if they did not have guns to kill each other with, they would have to go back to using knives and their bare hands, which is what they did before guns overtook the ghettos. I see it as a risk reduction policy. Gangs gonna gang until there's no need for gangs anymore. But you can't do a drive-by knifing. It's actually work to get close enough to a person to stab them or strangle them. You might even get hurt yourself. Guns make murder WAY TOO EASY. You can pop someone off from 50 yards away and never get a drop of their blood on your shoes. You don't have to be strong, even. You can sit your ass in the backseat of a car and shoot 3, 4 people in a matter of seconds, sometimes hitting the wrong person, but hey--who cares, right?

THAT is one of my big objections to guns. They make murder WAY TOO EASY for "gangstas" and drunk boyfriends and Georgia rednecks chasing down a nigga for visiting a construction site in their neighborhood. I think we have too many guns and I think there would be a lot less deaths if so many people did not have easy access to them.

It's also about self-control OL, why do so many NOT have self-control? I have guns but I don't go around shooting peoples, I can sometimes be very pissed off about something but I don't go on a shooting rampage.

Exactly if there were no LEGAL guns they would find other methods, knives, machetes, chainsaws etc you are never going to lower the murder rate by banning guns and as I commented in one of my other posts even IF you banned guns criminals would still be able to get guns, you would have a MASSIVE Black Market in guns, you would still have all these violent peoples with no self-control and actually IF you DID ban LEGAL guns the death rate from gun shots very probably might go higher and this would be because the law-abiding peoples being threatened would have NO way of effectively defending themselves anymore.
I have heard these predictions, but I do not believe they would happen.

It doesn't matter what you believe. Americans would not comply with any such action, by anyone.

If you truly wanted to stop gun violence you'd be going after handguns.
If you truly wanted to stop violence, you'd be encouraging the strengthening of family, morality, tradition, dignity, and respect among sovereign citizens.

Of course fixing the woes of the inner city ghettos would help but this thread is about gun violence.

Guns are incapable of being violent by themselves.

You dont have to tell me that.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.
Shut up, loser.

Say you have two people that go on a diet. One guy is 100 lbs, and the other is 200 lbs.

After they go on a diet, the one guy is 150 lbs, and the other is 180 lbs.

Does the guy who gained 50 lbs, then claim his diet is working because he weights less than the 180 lbs guy?

No his diet was a failure. He gained 50 lbs. The other guy lost 20 lbs.

The guy who starts at 100 pounds probably needed to gain weight, and is better off, now at 150. At the time of my injury, last September, I was at about 150 pounds, and that was too light. I was healthier, a few years earlier, at about 170. Since my injury, I've lost more weight, and am down to around 135.

To get back to 150 would be a successful diet for me. To get back to 170, even better.

Leftists want to disarm them NOT to prevent gun deaths but for OTHER sinister motives
That's silly.

Venezuela banned all firearms about 6 or 7 years ago and look where they are now.
Yeah, and then they intentionally tanked their economy by manipulating the world oil market. Makes all the sense in the world.

They knew the shit they were about to pull would likely end up with armed resistance.
Witch of course is the same reason dems want guns banned.
Comparing Democrats to what Chavez did in Venezuela is just plain silly. Enough horseshit.

How can you know that when we still have our guns?
And with the way you freaks acted during the corona spamdemic only enforces my point.
You're all a bunch of wanna be dictators.
You. Are. A. Nut.

You ignored my post about mag size and how most hunting rifles are designed for a limited number of bullets at a time. The one Markel showed above, the top rifle is a 5 + 1. The bottom gun is "dressed up" for warfare. If it's a 5 + 1, I'll be surprised. I couldn't find what it is--an AR maybe? You can buy 30 round mags for an AR, and more if you want.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

How do you claim a country is "civilized" when their violent crime rate is double that of ours?

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behavior.

i-DBZ3hqP-L.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

The above shit is not going unchallenged, slandering my nation like that with the above filthy Propaganda. I work for our Ministry of Interior, you want to know HOW low crime we are? Okay I give you the figures, it is mainly auto crime and Cyber crime and random thefts, as I already comment the above # 2 is SHIT and filthy Propaganda that is not going to go unchallenged:

1590443477795.png

Leftists want to disarm them NOT to prevent gun deaths but for OTHER sinister motives
That's silly.

Venezuela banned all firearms about 6 or 7 years ago and look where they are now.
Yeah, and then they intentionally tanked their economy by manipulating the world oil market. Makes all the sense in the world.

They knew the shit they were about to pull would likely end up with armed resistance.
Comparing Democrats to what Chavez did in Venezuela is just plain silly. Enough horseshit.

And with the way you freaks acted during the corona spamdemic only enforces my point.
You. Are. A. Nut.

You ignored my post about mag size and how most hunting rifles are designed for a limited number of bullets at a time. The one Markel showed above, the top rifle is a 5 + 1. The bottom gun is "dressed up" for warfare. If it's a 5 + 1, I'll be surprised. I couldn't find what it is--an AR maybe? You can buy 30 round mags for an AR, and more if you want.

And you forgot to mention the reason for the 2nd making all your other bullshit just that..bullshit.

I seriously question these figures. Seriously.

Prove them wrong. Either that or admit that facts are irrelevant to you, your mind is made and that's all that matters!

YOU are irrelevant posting shit. I have posted the CORRECT crime things for my nation NOT the fucking filthy Propaganda shit you posted from an outdated 2009 article.

That's silly.

That was right after Iranian missiles rained down on your little town right?

Gun related deaths per 100,000
What in hell is a gun RELATED death?
Some CATHOLIC Bastard scratches his own nuts and he's got 100,000+ family and relatives show up in federal court to explain why *I* shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm even though *I* have demonstrably never done anything wrong with a firearm.

I seriously question these figures. Seriously.

Prove them wrong. Either that or admit that facts are irrelevant to you, your mind is made and that's all that matters!

How can OL or ANYONE takes those figures seriously when the numbers for my nation are 100% BULLSHIT, so we need a further investigation then into the OTHER figures the same CRAP graph gives for Canada, Australia and South Africa. If # 2 my nation the figures are 100% BULLSHIT then perhaps ALL the other nations figures are also.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Now break it down by race. You will find white homicides rates about the same in every white country.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Here..ill do it for you.

1590444330129.png

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

And you forgot to mention the reason for the 2nd making all your other bullshit just that..bullshit.
Still ignoring mag size....and ergonomic add ons to make it easier to kill lots more faster.

And the Sacred Founding Fathers also were adamantly opposed to a standing army. Times change.

…isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.
Americans don’t care what “we” consider a civilized society.

Indeed. The British idea of a “civilized society” back then was one in which the serfs kept their mouths shut, and did what Big Brother told them to do, said what Big Brother told them to say, an thought what Big Brother told them to think. In nearly two and a half centuries, that sort of “civilization” has spread across Europe like a foul disease.

Forum List

Back