Isn't it time you yanks grew up regarding your gun death epidemic?

Gun related deaths per 100,000 population.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

And how many of those gun deaths are suicide vs violent crime deaths and then take into how many people die yearly from reckless drivers vs someone going to kill me in a violent crime my chances of dying is higher on the open road...
Stats for homicides alone:
Results: US homicide rates were 7.0 times higher than in other high-income countries, driven by a gun homicide rate that was 25.2 times higher.

See the link for details.

Still, my chances of dying on the open road is much higher than being killed in a violent crime resulting from a firearm.

Many firearm deaths have suicides in them which if you remove them and focus on the violent crime deaths then the reality of dying from a firearm death during a violent crime is much lower than dying on the open roads and you know this.

Also many of your violent crime deaths are in gang infested neighborhoods and if you look at that you will realize your are even less likely to die from a violent crime death with a firearm in Maine...
The stats I put up do not include suicides or accidents.

Misguided yoot are people too.

This argument is not about car accidents. Start another thread if you want to talk about them. This is about the needless 30,000+ gun homicides each year BEYOND car accidents and cancer and Covid and whatever else.
Correct.

Nonsense about ‘car accidents’ is likewise a false comparison fallacy, as well as a red herring fallacy.

Gun crime, deaths, and violence is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

But bans, restrictions, and like limitations as found in Europe simply won’t work.
is this a red herring fallacy?.....

Leftists want to disarm them NOT to prevent gun deaths but for OTHER sinister motives
That's silly.

Venezuela banned all firearms about 6 or 7 years ago and look where they are now.
Yeah, and then they intentionally tanked their economy by manipulating the world oil market. Makes all the sense in the world.

They knew the shit they were about to pull would likely end up with armed resistance.
Witch of course is the same reason dems want guns banned.
Comparing Democrats to what Chavez did in Venezuela is just plain silly. Enough horseshit.

How can you know that when we still have our guns?
And with the way you freaks acted during the corona spamdemic only enforces my point.
You're all a bunch of wanna be dictators.
You. Are. A. Nut.

You ignored my post about mag size and how most hunting rifles are designed for a limited number of bullets at a time. The one Markel showed above, the top rifle is a 5 + 1. The bottom gun is "dressed up" for warfare. If it's a 5 + 1, I'll be surprised. I couldn't find what it is--an AR maybe? You can buy 30 round mags for an AR, and more if you want.

The second amendment wasnt written for hunting rifles. It was written to protect the right to own guns designed to kill people.
Of course. That is what all guns are for. And like I already said, times change. There is no way in hell the citizens of this country could withstand attack by our government armed with their AR's and hunting rifles. That is the most laughable argument of all. The Founders did not want a standing army because they did not want the central government having control of a military force they could use against the people. Well, guess what? If they wanted to, they sure as hell could now. Even if we had machine guns, it wouldn't matter.

The Second Amendment was written in a different time, long ago, and no longer applies for any of the reasons it was written.

Another dem who fails to grasp the fact that American troops will not be attacking American citizens.
Well then what are you worried about? Who IS going to attack us that you need to defend yourself from?

Lets hope nobody.
But it's the same reason you have fire extinguishers and insurance.
Barry gutted the top brass in the military and replaced them with his stooges.
That is yet another example of the lefts bad intentions.

Sounds like you need a drink.....i figure there's some alcohol in your medicine cabinet.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.
Hey guess what? Mind your own fucking business.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a tw@t.
Let me say that there is a great deal about the US that I like and admire. but you need to think of me as a friend or cousin.
You would want a friend to tell you if he thought you got something badly wrong and felt you were embarrassing yourself.
Wouldn't you?

And I guessed right. The "tactical" version accepts 20 round mags.

So will the other one.

Any magazine that will fit one of those two guns will fit the other, just as well.

Other than appearance, there is no meaningful difference between the two rifles. Neither one is capable of doping anything that the other cannot do, and neither can do anything any better than the other one can.

Literally, the only difference between the two of them is that one looks different than the other.

It's like trying to argue that a rice boy's Honduh Civic with a big fart-can exhaust, and a stupid oversized spoiler on the trunk lid, and a bunch of stickers proclaiming features that it doesn't really have, is faster than another Honduh Civic of the exact same model and year, with the exact same drive train, that doesn't have those “enhancements”.

And with the way you freaks acted during the corona spamdemic only enforces my point.
You. Are. A. Nut.

View attachment 340895

You ignored my post about mag size and how most hunting rifles are designed for a limited number of bullets at a time. The one Markel showed above, the top rifle is a 5 + 1. The bottom gun is "dressed up" for warfare. If it's a 5 + 1, I'll be surprised. I couldn't find what it is--an AR maybe? You can buy 30 round mags for an AR, and more if you want.

THEY ARE THE SAME GUN!

The same action, the same mechanics, the same ballistic characteristics, they take the same magazines, the same ammunition. The only difference is in what furniture is installed on them—purely a cosmetic difference, that has no bearing on how suitable either is for any purpose, legitimate or otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, both the guns ion that picture are Ruger MIni-14s. I could be wrong, but I know that that's a popular gun to depict in two widely-different cosmetic forms, in order to emphasize the abject ignorance of hoplophobic cretins such as yourself, who are so easily led to believe that a gun's cosmetic appearance has any bearing on it's suitability for legal or illegal uses.
Well, both Ruger 14's. The bottom one is a Tactical Rifle. It has 30 different add-ons to enhance "performance." This is from Field and Stream on what a "Tactical Rifle" is.

A tactical rifle is a firearm designed for shooting people in a precise manner, as opposed to New York City Police Department doctrine, which is to empty the magazine as fast as you can in the general direction of everything standing and hope for the best.Mar 20, 2014

As far as accuracy goes, both can be made to be accurate. But a tactical rifle with a heavier barrel, can generally shoot more rounds before barrel heat starts to affect things. For hunting, this doesn't really come into consideration as you probably wont be taking that many shots.Oct 30, 2008

Tactical Rifles | Field & Stream

I'll take the militaries ideas about what constitutes an assault rifle...and that aint it.

Isn't it time you yanks grew up regarding your gun death epidemic?

You savages still openly, shamelessly, suppress basic human rights that we Americans have recognized and upheld for more than two centuries. Not just the right to keep and bear arms, which you started this thread to disparage, but other essential freedoms of expression and religion and others as well.

You haven't caught up to where we were when we kicked you backward filth out of our country in 1776, much less to where we are now. What place do you think you have to tell us to “grow up”?

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

And how many of those gun deaths are suicide vs violent crime deaths and then take into how many people die yearly from reckless drivers vs someone going to kill me in a violent crime my chances of dying is higher on the open road...
Results: US homicide rates were 7.0 times higher than in other high-income countries, driven by a gun homicide rate that was 25.2 times higher.

Still, my chances of dying on the open road is much higher than being killed in a violent crime resulting from a firearm.

Many firearm deaths have suicides in them which if you remove them and focus on the violent crime deaths then the reality of dying from a firearm death during a violent crime is much lower than dying on the open roads and you know this.

Also many of your violent crime deaths are in gang infested neighborhoods and if you look at that you will realize your are even less likely to die from a violent crime death with a firearm in Maine...

This argument is not about car accidents. Start another thread if you want to talk about them. This is about the needless 30,000+ gun homicides each year BEYOND car accidents and cancer and Covid and whatever else.

Most of America's gun homicides are done by Black Gangsta's, usually drug deals gone wrong and general Black Gang violence, sometimes random peoples are caught in the crossfire of this Black Gang violence.

There is a thread in Current Events about the amount of gun deaths across the weekend in Chicago, all Black areas it occur in.
That's true. Going by stats from the National Gang Center, about half of US homicides yearly are done by gangs. But blacks aren't the only people who form gangs, Lucy. Hispanics, Asians, Whites--anyone at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder looking for some cash and some influence and protection from other gangs. It's a mess. BUT THESE PEOPLE ALSO COUNT. A lot of those guns they use are illegally purchased on the street or stolen. If there weren't about a billion guns floating around in the US, it would be a LOT harder to get one illegally. Even if you take away that half (which we can't, they are part of our nation and our culture), we would still be many times higher in gun homicides than any other "highly developed" nation. Because a whole stinkin' bunch of us still have a gun in the closet for when we get pissed off. Around here, over half the gun homicides here are domestic violence.

Wrong. "We" dont do any such thing.

Leftists want to disarm them NOT to prevent gun deaths but for OTHER sinister motives
That's silly.

Venezuela banned all firearms about 6 or 7 years ago and look where they are now.
Yeah, and then they intentionally tanked their economy by manipulating the world oil market. Makes all the sense in the world.

They knew the shit they were about to pull would likely end up with armed resistance.
Comparing Democrats to what Chavez did in Venezuela is just plain silly. Enough horseshit.

You. Are. A. Nut.

The second amendment wasnt written for hunting rifles. It was written to protect the right to own guns designed to kill people.
Of course. That is what all guns are for. And like I already said, times change. There is no way in hell the citizens of this country could withstand attack by our government armed with their AR's and hunting rifles. That is the most laughable argument of all. The Founders did not want a standing army because they did not want the central government having control of a military force they could use against the people. Well, guess what? If they wanted to, they sure as hell could now. Even if we had machine guns, it wouldn't matter.

The Second Amendment was written in a different time, long ago, and no longer applies for any of the reasons it was written.

So repeal it.

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

Another dem who fails to grasp the fact that American troops will not be attacking American citizens.
Well then what are you worried about? Who IS going to attack us that you need to defend yourself from?

Youve depoliced every area you control and criminals run wild.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Boring. ^^^

Another troll suffering TDS

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

So repeal it.
Love to.

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

So repeal it.
Love to.

But instead of arguing for repealing a right you rather argue for laws against guns. Is there no part of the constitution you dont hate?
Democrats should drop their lie that they dont want to disarm Americans and put repealing the 2nd into their platform.

You. Are. A. Nut.

View attachment 340895

THEY ARE THE SAME GUN!

The same action, the same mechanics, the same ballistic characteristics, they take the same magazines, the same ammunition. The only difference is in what furniture is installed on them—purely a cosmetic difference, that has no bearing on how suitable either is for any purpose, legitimate or otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, both the guns ion that picture are Ruger MIni-14s. I could be wrong, but I know that that's a popular gun to depict in two widely-different cosmetic forms, in order to emphasize the abject ignorance of hoplophobic cretins such as yourself, who are so easily led to believe that a gun's cosmetic appearance has any bearing on it's suitability for legal or illegal uses.
Well, both Ruger 14's. The bottom one is a Tactical Rifle. It has 30 different add-ons to enhance "performance." This is from Field and Stream on what a "Tactical Rifle" is.

A tactical rifle is a firearm designed for shooting people in a precise manner, as opposed to New York City Police Department doctrine, which is to empty the magazine as fast as you can in the general direction of everything standing and hope for the best.Mar 20, 2014

As far as accuracy goes, both can be made to be accurate. But a tactical rifle with a heavier barrel, can generally shoot more rounds before barrel heat starts to affect things. For hunting, this doesn't really come into consideration as you probably wont be taking that many shots.Oct 30, 2008

Tactical Rifles | Field & Stream

I'll take the militaries ideas about what constitutes an assault rifle...and that aint it.
I don't give a damn what you call it. These "tactical rifles" and AR's have only one thing missing--the full auto feature. They aren't sold to civilians, so that topic is not even under discussion here.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Most of America's gun homicides are done by Black Gangsta's, usually drug deals gone wrong and general Black Gang violence, sometimes random peoples are caught in the crossfire of this Black Gang violence.

There is a thread in Current Events about the amount of gun deaths across the weekend in Chicago, all Black areas it occur in.
That's true. Going by stats from the National Gang Center, about half of US homicides yearly are done by gangs. But blacks aren't the only people who form gangs, Lucy. Hispanics, Asians, Whites--anyone at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder looking for some cash and some influence and protection from other gangs. It's a mess. BUT THESE PEOPLE ALSO COUNT. A lot of those guns they use are illegally purchased on the street or stolen. If there weren't about a billion guns floating around in the US, it would be a LOT harder to get one illegally. Even if you take away that half (which we can't, they are part of our nation and our culture), we would still be many times higher in gun homicides than any other "highly developed" nation. Because a whole stinkin' bunch of us still have a gun in the closet for when we get pissed off. Around here, over half the gun homicides here are domestic violence.

Right.. Never. Except about 18,000 times a year.

Break that down by race.

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

So repeal it.
Love to.

But instead of arguing for repealing a right you rather argue for laws against guns. Is there no part of the constitution you dont hate?
I have no idea what that meant. If you want to try again, feel free.

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

So repeal it.
Love to.

I have no idea what that meant. If you want to try again, feel free.

Breaking through denial would take more effort than i feel like expending.

The author of that piece is now the Prime Minister's Official Spokesperson, so I'm thinking someone fudged with the numbers--a photoshop or something? If those numbers are real, they aren't comparing apples to apples, that's for sure.
The numbers are wrong because you don't like them? How idiotic is that? If they're wrong then back it up with facts, alternative reports, or any evidence to the contrary that you can find.

The United States is #1 in gun ownership, by a long ways. In fact, it takes the total of the next 25 on the list to equal the number of guns in the United States. And even so, even with all the gang violence in the United States, we're #94 in the world for intentional homicide.

Guns don't equal homicide. If guns ownership were directly related to homicide, we'd have, by far, the highest homicide rate. American guns kill .0003 per gun per year. We're the 5th smallest number of murders per gun per year. We're number 44 in the world for gun deaths per capita.

And, in the end, having a country where we're punished for the crimes we commit rather than the crimes government thinks we might commit has a price. I'm pretty comfortable with where we are in the worlds standing. And if someone else in the world is worried about where we are, they should just stay the hell away.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Hey guess what? Mind your own fucking business.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a tw@t.
Let me say that there is a great deal about the US that I like and admire. but you need to think of me as a friend or cousin.
You would want a friend to tell you if he thought you got something badly wrong and felt you were embarrassing yourself.
Wouldn't you?
Indeed I would, and I consider my friends from the UK to be exactly that. But I have learned over many hard miles to accept my family and friends for what they are. Not always what they do, but what they are. Nations are thus, as are families, as are individuals. Accept us for what we are cousin, or move on and leave us be, because we are not going to change our fundamental nature anymore than you are.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Right.. Never. Except about 18,000 times a year.
Break that down by race.
If they're wrong then back it up with facts, alternative reports, or any evidence to the contrary that you can find.
I believe Lucy already has.

That's silly.

You. Are. A. Nut.

You really shouldn't embarrass yourself by posting ridiculous shit like this.

Forum List

Back