Islam in Australia: Living and dying for the flag of Allah

Apologism?

That's your favorite accusation.

There have been plenty of denouncements around the world regarding violent extremism but they are routinely ignorerd - excuses made, goal posts moved.

Imam condemns Iraq violence - Shepparton - mmg.com.au
The American Muslim (TAM)

Iraq violence. The American Muslim. This is Australia we are talking about.

You're making nonequivalent comparatives and then are displeased with the apologist term. ;)

It's clear you did not read the links.

The first is from an Australian Imam:
An Australian-born Imam has denounced the violence sweeping Iraq as stemming from a state-sponsored distortion of Islam, which is also a divisive presence in Australia.

Sheikh Ramy Najmeddine, who acts as religious advisor to the Shepparton-based Sadaat Foundation, said he was concerned about the damage being done to the peaceful Muslim community in Australia by Wahhabism, a radical interpretation of Islam that had its genesis in Saudi Arabia in the 18th century.

The second is an American source but contains material from Australian Muslims.

Apologism?

There have been plenty of denouncements around the world regarding violent extremism but they are routinely ignorerd - excuses made, goal posts moved.

You're making nonequivalent comparatives and then are displeased with the apologist term. ;)

An Australian-born Imam has denounced the violence sweeping Iraq as stemming from a state-sponsored distortion of Islam, which is also a divisive presence in Australia.

Sheikh Ramy Najmeddine, who acts as religious advisor to the Shepparton-based Sadaat Foundation, said he was concerned about the damage being done to the peaceful Muslim community in Australia by Wahhabism, a radical interpretation of Islam that had its genesis in Saudi Arabia in the 18th century.

Like I said, not one or two voices and he wasn't there standing up and decrying them at their point of violence.

He just talked.

Like we are doing. We get nothing done either.

The action is what I'm wanting to see.

Apologism?

Like I said, not one or two voices and he wasn't there standing up and decrying them.

He just talked.

Like we are doing. We get nothing done either.

The action is what I'm wanting to see.

How do you know "he just talked"? How do you know nothing is done?

See. That's exactly what I mean. Nothing will be good enough for you - you will always find a way to discount it. Without even reading it.

How do you know "he just talked"? How do you know nothing is done?

See. That's exactly what I mean. Nothing will be good enough for you - you will always find a way to discount it. Without even reading it.

I don't see him at the 'demonstrations' that turn violent.

Because he's not showing himself anywhere.

He's concerned.

Wow.

Like I said - I can post example after example and you will minimalize them all. Nothing satisfy you.

Like I said - I can post example after example and you will minimalize them all. Nothing satisfy you.

Look at yourself.

The twain meet.

Nothing will satisfy you but moral equivalency and I will not connect your dots when you say you know what the Muslim community thinks.

Right article after article---------go right ahead----I know about
cases of people being BANNED for posting "article after article"
of the kind that COYOTE et al-----simply do not like.....too much REALITY---------there is censorship in them thar hills of cyberspace ------ try not to post article after article---coyote and
GET YOURSELF A JOB------decent people are tired of your
smut.

Look at yourself.

The twain meet.

Nothing will satisfy you but moral equivalency and I will not connect your dots when you say you know what the Muslim community thinks.

What I am waiting for, Ropey, is this. Since there have been so many anti-Israel protests around the world with people screaming such things as "Jews to the Ovens" and synagogues and Jewish businesses set upon by these protesters, I would like to see the Muslims put aside their protesting against Israel for a week and start organizing protests against the Muslim terrorists. I would not expect to see these protests in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, but at least they could be held in the West. Would it be so difficult to have protests which claim "Not in our name" against Islamic terrorists? If they can organize protests against Israel all the time, they surely should have no problem in organizing these other protests against the Islamic radicals. It is very easy for Muslims to blurt out that they don't agree with these terrorists, but action speaks louder than words, so let's have some action with seeing them protesting.

Look at yourself.

The twain meet.

What I am waiting for, Ropey, is this. Since there have been so many anti-Israel protests around the world with people screaming such things as "Jews to the Ovens" and synagogues and Jewish businesses set upon by these protesters, I would like to see the Muslims put aside their protesting against Israel for a week and start organizing protests against the Muslim terrorists. I would not expect to see these protests in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, but at least they could be held in the West. Would it be so difficult to have protests which claim "Not in our name" against Islamic terrorists? If they can organize protests against Israel all the time, they surely should have no problem in organizing these other protests against the Islamic radicals. It is very easy for Muslims to blurt out that they don't agree with these terrorists, but action speaks louder than words, so let's have some action with seeing them protesting.

Indeed

Everything the OP says is one 100% correct !

There is no other immigrant group in Australia as troublesome as some Muslims.

You all should be aware of the shocking photos regarding the Islamic States beheadings and one 7 year old child holding up a severed head with a beaming father all recently arrived from Australia,looking on.

Unfortunately quite a few of the local Muslims were in approval and there were many public demonstrations and TV appearances which demonstrated their allegiance is not with Australia at all but rather with radical Islam.

Which "quite a few"? I posted a link and most expressed anger and disgust at this action and a great deal of anger at the man who took his child there. Who are your "quite a few".

There is no doubt that the acts commited by some local Muslims are the most aggressive and troublesome and a lot of them are fanatics who are guided by the principle of Jihad.

Religious fanatics and extremists are always a problem and unfortunately groups like ISIL and Boko Haram are among the most brutal and in the news right now - not just because of their brutality but because of the fact that they haven't been stopped. Yet they aren't alone and atrocities by other groups, such as the Lords Resistance Army get largely ignored by the media despite committing acts of horrific brutality.

No amount of irrelevant comparisons or moral equivalence will change the simple fact
that there are no other dangerous troublesome religious fanatics in Australia other than the Islamists.

Most immigrants still do. Why do you single out Muslims?

A comment on the social phenomenon exhibited by this or that
community does not mean "single out"-----there is a science
known as ANTHROPOLOGY------the question Coyote asks is
tantamount to a heckler ----at the college graduation of my
brother during which MARGARET MEADE was guest speaker
farting out "HEY MARGE,, WHY THE HELL DID YOU
SINGLE OUT THE SAMOANS"?

No you don't.

I just posted an article where they strongly condemned that action. You pick out the one whacko. Is that to somehow diminish it? Rather makes my point - there is nothing the Musllim community can do that would be "enough" because there are always going to be whackos.

What has that to do with anything?

If you think so...

OK, so you want to go there with the head.

Is ISIS just Wackos?

The Palestinians are also joining them and in marked numbers.

yes Ropey------ISIS is just "wackos"-----please ask our
President Obama to discuss this issue with COYOTE-----
the answer to the problem in IRAQ might be ----INSTILL CLOZAPINE in the waters of the EUPHRATES RIVER----
and the entire problem will be resolved

(for the record----CALIPHATE----is an Islamic ideal---
something for which muslim children are taught from
infancy is THE ONE AND ONLY way for the entire
globe. Anyone who has muslim friends and who
got into any level of candid discussion ----would know.
The only reason a person would have for denying
that fact is --------the person is extremely ignorant ---
or has a "COVER-UP AGENDA" )

I have had lots of muslim friends and LOTS AND LOTS
of VERY CANDID DISCUSSION over more than 50 years.
Conversation got a bit stifled after 9-11-01----and since
during that time my informants were more COLLEAGUES--
than close confidants-------the entire tone changed ---especially
when Osama bin laden came up (whose agenda was--btw--
worldwide CALIPHATE)

Hi Sally,

Glad to see you are still on the ball. Kudus to you.

Now, let's see if I can answer your questions and respond to your suggestions :)

blah blah blah silent on blah blah doing to others in the ME
mmmm....no, not silent....I just don't have much time to spend sitting in front of the compute searching for anti-Muslim articles to spam the ME forum with. I comment periodically but really....just posting article after article after article doesn't indicate any level of "care" - it is more indicative of someone with too much time on their hands. What are you doing about it Sally? Taking in any refugees? Traveling over there to provide relief? Adding to the discussion with ideas, solutions, etc? Or just hitting the "enter" key and moving on to the next anti-Muslim article? In fact, Sally - this article you are posting has nothing to do with the Mid East - it's in Australia.

I grew up in a large city with a number of different immigrant groups, I work in an area where I'm in constant contact with people from around the world. I have family and friends in England, Wales, India, Germany and France.

Who is this "we" Sally? You aren't royalty last I heard. There have been a large number of well done public opinion polls on Muslims in Europe, in particular in the UK where it was found that they were by far well integrated, very British and quite assimilated. I won't bother posting a link, because I've posted these many times and they get routinely ignored.

Of course you don't have time to read many articles on the Internet, because you are too busy with these forums. How you do it with a full-time job is kind of miraculous unless you have bosses who give you permission to do so. Meanwhile, one doesn't have to be on the Internet as much as you are to pick up what your new friends are doing in many places on this planet. Nice for you to close your eyes to what is happening. Maybe you are so busy sticking up for your new friends that you don't have time to question those here originally from Europe who can tell you what their friends and relatives are going through. By the way, if you live in a big city, go to an Assyrian church and ask the parishioners what your new friends are doing to those Assyrians in the Middle East (in case you are even a little bit interested because of course it involves your new friends).

I think you mean SYRIANS as the Assyrian Empire ended 2500 years ago plus....it was the Assyrians that drove the Israelites out of Babylon!!!!!!!!!!your ability to explain all things Middle East just shows up how ignorant you are in a Historical sense,plus so much more besides......Assyrians past are not the same people as Syrians of today.Try to concentrate and elucidate the actual facts,not just your corrupted opinion..thanks steve

Islam in Australia

The funny thing is....Islam has actually been in Australia for a long time.

Unfortunately, Australia has it's own uber-nationalist hate groups modeled after Englands EDL:
Inside the far-right group spreading fear through Muslim communities - 21/04/2014

Fortunately - they are a small group of extremists, much like the group in the OP - big of mouth, small in membership.

Islam and Muslims have indeed been in Australia for a long time;

Afghan cameleers in Australia | australia.gov.au

The drama with 'Islam' and 'Muslims' in Australia started about the year 2000...with the "Sydney Gang Rapes";

Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then came 9/11...and terrorism.

Australia's home-grown Muslim terrorists

Then came "The Cronulla Riots" in 2006.

None of you know anything about Australia,one poster said that the Islamists were the most dangerous,she was wrong.....the most dangerous was the organization run by Van Tongeren in the 80's who targeted Asian and Jewish people and their businesses razing some to the ground by arson....causing much mayhem.....but the Police and the Law changed all that quick smart.....the result is we have some of the most stringent anti discrimination and anti vilification Laws worldwide.YOU GO TO GAOL for a long time.

Yes we have a few brained washed Jihadists in Syria and Iraq,we have been disgusted at the beheadings....but the Government have put in train that when these few hundred C...S come back and some will,they will have to prove that they have not been involved in this terror....if not they will be returned to where they come from.....well we don't want them here for obvious reasons....and we will not.

Yeah the Cronulla "Riots" were a culmination of many things but after a week or so,things had gone back to normal.I would invite anyone who is dissatisfied with living within our multi-cultural society to leave.....no problem.

Australia is a country built on Migrants and in general a very safe place to live,our diversity is what makes us but if Islamic or other people want to help Jihardist.....they firstly be banned from going overseas(which we now do

Last edited:

Look at yourself.

The twain meet.

Indeed

Bianco is an Australian.

Then in 2012 Sydney had the "Muslim Riots"...Muslim rioters invaded Sydney's CBD trying to gain acces to the US Consulate.
The cops and the govt man were taken by surpise...many say "as usual'.

Rioting Muslims now hit Sydney Australia - 15th Sept 2012

Once again. More from an Australian. Why not respond to his posts when you say no one knows what's going on there theliq?

Hmmm?

Then in 2012 Sydney had the "Muslim Riots"...Muslim rioters invaded Sydney's CBD trying to gain acces to the US Consulate.

Once again. More from an Australian. Why not respond to his posts when you say no one knows what's going on there theliq?

Hmmm?

Because what is as a pimple to us,is exaggerated into a full blow head cancer by the media(mainly POX News)

Hmmm?

Because what is as a pimple to us,is exaggerated into a full blow head cancer by the media(mainly POX News)

He's on this forum posting in this thread. You bypassed all his posts to tell us all (including him) that we don't know a thing about Australia when he is Australian.

It's hard to take what you say with a lot of consideration when you say things like that.

Hmmm?

He's on this forum posting in this thread. You bypassed all his posts to tell us all (including him) that we don't know a thing about Australia when he is Australian.

It's hard to take what you say with a lot of consideration when you say things like that.

Forum List

Back