Islam + Dark skin?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
Islam + Dark Skin
Do you think Islam fits people with dark skin? Some believe that like black muslims. But there are many white muslims who dislike dark skin. And Mohammed himself was described as fair skinned. Any opinions what about Islam and Dark skin? Some reject christianity because they say Jesus is a blonde God. But wasnt Mohammed fair too?

AbdullahFB.jpg
Äuglein.jpg

Islam + Dark Skin
Do you think Islam fits people with dark skin? Some believe that like black muslims. But there are many white muslims who dislike dark skin. And Mohammed himself was described as fair skinned. Any opinions what about Islam and Dark skin? Some reject christianity because they say Jesus is a blonde God. But wasnt Mohammed fair too?

the issue is BY DEFINITION-------I will admit -----that I IS A WHITEY ------for all kinds of reasons. My skin is so white that one can see the blue veins (at one time in history----such a condition was considered terrific and is the origin of the word "blue-blood") ------Hubby has dark skin----at least dark enough so that in the South Africa of the past where they evaluated race with a color wheel------our marriage would be considered illegal. Sociologists and black nationalists
consider us to be both white and upper middle class
(at least) ----why? because we is both jews.
PERCEPTION is a biggy in the fake and non biological
issue called "RACE" (I was a biology major in college-----race is a fake construct imho)

OH!!! sorry----I went off topic----in reality----muslims in real muslim society virtually spit on actual "black" people (persons with background in subsaharan africa) and call them ABED (slave) ) More recently ---especially in the USA and for propaganda value----they claim that islam is COMPLETELY non racist For the record-----never tell an Iranian that he/she is a "person of color" OR----even, more importantly----ANYTHING LIKE AN ARAB

I’ve seen plenty of blonde blue eyed Arabs walking around Nazareth farmer’s market.

Some with red hair and freckles.

Not the actual arabians----"arab" as used today
is simply a person whose mother tongue is arabic.
Now LOTS of people called "arabs" are aegean in
DNA background. ----and they had a real penchant
for blond blue-eyed slaves captured from the Balkans
of the past two millennia with whom they MIXED
freely----but the people of classical
arabia---which is actually today Saudi arabia and Yemen----tend to have somewhat dark skin but considered caucasion by anthropologists who invented
the silly concept of "race" in humans. In today's USA it has become popular to name a new "race" ---which is "person of color" According to the genius Linda Sarsour who is quite "white" ---anyone can become a
"person of color" by tying a rag on her head. Somalis
are very mixed----Somalia was once part of Africa---with a population of "pagans" and some christians and jews who had migrated to the area. Then it was invaded by arabs who used it as a stopover and storage area for their trafficking in subsaharan slave trade. Christianity was there before islam----no it has
been scaled back Getting back to muslims---
the original society in arabia who became followers of the arabian, muhummad----subsaharan black was
no good-----except as an underclass and commodity

Islam + Dark Skin

In response to your post about Jesus being blonde-haired and Muhammad being light-skinned, here's the thing. It's all relative. White Christians like to depict their "savior" as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, white guy, for the simple reason that they are white and it makes them feel "comfortable" thinking he looked similar to them. You can call it racist. But more likely, it's just people sticking to visuals that they can associate with. You can go into some black homes and find paintings of a "black" Jesus. Again, it's just using visuals you are comfortable with. The Shroud of Turin has yet to be completely debunked and based upon that appearance, I think that it more accurately reflects someone from the Middle-East and is more likely similar to what Christ would have looked like, in features (not that the Shroud is actually Christ's shroud).
As for Muhammad, he was born in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. In his area, many were transient Bedouin Arabs and their skin color varied from olive-skinned to a more brownish tone. So, if anyone claimed that Muhammad was, light-skinned, it most certainly isn't the appearance of some European white guy.
To me, Jesus, if he existed, was the first recorded, Hippie. As for Muhammad, he was a murdering, thieving a**hole who had sex with a child. I'm an Atheist. But, if I were to adopt any religion, it would be following a Hippie, not a monster like Muhammad.
My significant other, who is Buddhist, just chimed in, "what about Buddha?" I had to remind her that the OP is talking about Jesus and Muhammad, not Buddha. Although, his skin color would resemble those of present day East Indians.

Last edited:
Arab, Oreb in Hebrew has different meanings.

Use the Strong's Concordance

6158. oreb
oreb: a raven

1 Kings 17:4
HEB: תִּשְׁתֶּ֑ה וְאֶת־ הָעֹרְבִ֣ים צִוִּ֔יתִי לְכַלְכֶּלְךָ֖
NAS: and I have commanded the ravens to provide
KJV: and I have commanded the ravens to feed
INT: of the brook will drink the ravens have commanded to provide

1 Kings 17:6
HEB: וְהָעֹרְבִ֗ים מְבִיאִ֨ים ל֜וֹ
NAS: The ravens brought him bread
KJV: And the ravens brought him bread
INT: the ravens brought bread

6159. Oreb
Oreb: a Midianite

Judges 7:25
HEB: מִדְיָ֑ן וְרֹאשׁ־ עֹרֵ֣ב וּזְאֵ֔ב הֵבִ֙יאוּ֙
NAS: the heads of Oreb and Zeeb
KJV: the heads of Oreb and Zeeb
INT: Midian the heads of Oreb and Zeeb brought

Judges 8:3
HEB: מִדְיָן֙ אֶת־ עֹרֵ֣ב וְאֶת־ זְאֵ֔ב
NAS: of Midian, Oreb and Zeeb
KJV: of Midian, Oreb and Zeeb:
INT: the leaders of Midian Oreb and Zeeb and

In older versions of the Strong's concordance, there are other meanings with those three Hebrew letters which conform the word Oreb, and the same letters can also be pronounced Arab, areb, ereb, etc.

The edited masoretic Hebrew added "vowel" sounds to the Scriptures, and there is a increasing opposition to the meaning of ravens as the ones who fed the prophet Elijah.

From here
הָעֹרְבִ֣ים Ha ovrim (1 King 17:4) is the mention of the people of Oreb.

Then, the bible is saying that God commanded the people of Oreb to feed Elijah with bread and meat in the morning and in the evening.

There is not such a "miracle" that ravens fed prophet Elijah, such is a fable. There were Midianites in that area living at the shores of the Jordan, and these people are the ones who helped the prophet.

Midian is a grandson of Abraham who had a son (Ishmael) with Agar the slave, who was a black Egyptian woman. The children of Ishmael have dark skin because his mother Agar.

The color of the Midianites was black. In Hebrew, the word Arab is written with the same Hebrew letters.

6152. Arab
Arab: Arabia
2 Chronicles 9:14
HEB: וְכָל־ מַלְכֵ֤י עֲרַב֙ וּפַח֣וֹת הָאָ֔רֶץ
NAS: the kings of Arabia and the governors
KJV: And all the kings of Arabia and governors
INT: and all the kings of Arabia and the governors of the country

And also is related to darkness

6150. arab

arab: to become evening, grow dark

1 Samuel 17:16
HEB: הַפְּלִשְׁתִּ֖י הַשְׁכֵּ֣ם וְהַעֲרֵ֑ב וַיִּתְיַצֵּ֖ב אַרְבָּעִ֥ים
NAS: morning and evening for forty
KJV: morning and evening, and presented
INT: the Philistine morning and evening and took forty

According to the close relationship, inhabitants of the areas beyond Canaan land were called Arabians, and they were in majority dark skin people.

It is possible that when the edited masoretic Hebrew took place after the paleo Hebrew, the editors opted -by pride- to change the history of their enemy ( Ovrim, the people of Oreb)) feeding their favorite prophet, and they decided to invent the fable of the ravens instead.

Hard to believe ravens picking up bread and meat to drop them over the prophet's head...

Islam + Dark Skin

In response to your post about Jesus being blonde-haired and Muhammad being light-skinned, here's the thing. It's all relative. White Christians like to depict their "savior" as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, white guy, for the simple reason that they are white and it makes them feel "comfortable" thinking he looked similar to them. You can call it racist. But more likely, it's just people sticking to visuals that they can associate with. You can go into some black homes and find paintings of a "black" Jesus. Again, it's just using visuals you are comfortable with. The Shroud of Turin has yet to be completely debunked and based upon that appearance, I think that it more accurately reflects someone from the Middle-East and is more likely similar to what Christ would have looked like, in features (not that the Shroud is actually Christ's shroud).
As for Muhammad, he was born in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. In his area, many were transient Bedouin Arabs and their skin color varied from olive-skinned to a more brownish tone. So, if anyone claimed that Muhammad was, light-skinned, it most certainly isn't the appearance of some European white guy.
To me, Jesus, if he existed, was the first recorded, Hippie. As for Muhammad, he was a murdering, thieving a**hole who had sex with a child. I'm an Atheist. But, if I were to adopt any religion, it would be following a Hippie, not a monster like Muhammad.
My significant other, who is Buddhist, just chimed in, "what about Buddha?" I had to remind her that the OP is talking about Jesus and Muhammad, not Buddha. Although, his skin color would resemble those of present day East Indians.

Buddha is also depicted as blue eyed "aryan" but he was from present day Nepal so he might have been inbetween east indian and chinese like nepalis.

Forum List

Back