Is Your God Limited to The God of Abraham?

If believing in, for lack of a better term, "God" is necessary for you to maintain your sanity, why did you pick The God of Abraham?

Why pin your hopes, faith and destiny on a God who was first named the family stories of visions, risk and blessings told by a successful Arab patriarch nomad who lived in The Middle East more than 6,000 years ago?

What's the modern attraction? :dunno:

I think that it's long past Time for Monkeys to bury The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and/or The Qur'an with Abraham and celebrate The God of (insert your name here).

The future is that way.

The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and/or The Qur'an?

Why? :dunno:

I discount the Abrahamic ideal of God (or YHWH or Yahweh or Jehovah or what have you). IF there is a god, it is something akin to the Force or the Deist conception of a god and not any real part of my life and/or universe.

I discount the Abrahamic ideal of God (or YHWH or Yahweh or Jehovah or what have you). IF there is a god, it is something akin to the Force or the Deist conception of a god and not any real part of my life and/or universe.
God created the universe and he gave us the earth to live on and take care of. His presence and power is here but he tends to meddle much less than some might like.

The God of Abraham is the God of Melchezedic is the God of Jesus. So yes. I believe in the God of Abraham.
God with us. The priesthood is still with us. The JEWS abandoned it and Islam tried to hijack it.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most certainly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM."

Because HE always is and was not designed by human ingenuity.

Mine isn't. I tend to view God as representing all names by which people call Him. People in different cultures simply relate to Him differently according to their cultural traditions. The way I personally view it, it doesn't matter really what religion you are. You are simply taking a different path to God
So ANY religion that worships a god that 'god' is automatically part of this one god system of yours?

I understand who.

Again I ask why?

Why The God of Abraham? :dunno:

Why do any cults thrive at times? It has a good message (God loves you and after this sad vale of tears and pain you'll find everlasting comfort), didn't require anything material, and people weren't as questioning as we are today. They weren't less intelligent, but didn't say "bullshit, prove it to me" like we do. Then throw in Constantine needing to reunify the crumbling empire and no longer persecuting Christians was a good start. Given that the entire West is built on the ashes of Rome, and there you go. Jehovah is the right god because we're live here and we're the cultural descendants of the Romans.

Mine isn't. I tend to view God as representing all names by which people call Him. People in different cultures simply relate to Him differently according to their cultural traditions. The way I personally view it, it doesn't matter really what religion you are. You are simply taking a different path to God
So ANY religion that worships a god that 'god' is automatically part of this one god system of yours?

Well with the exception of the Church of Satan and stuff like that (which I frankly laugh at). But that is because they take a specific anti-God stance.

Well with the exception of the Church of Satan and stuff like that (which I frankly laugh at). But that is because they take a specific anti-God stance.
islam specifically says to kill all non-believers. Surely you can not confuse their god with any other religion's god.

Hey, Abe...kill your only son. You would if you love me.

Just kidding, it was a test.

Forum List

Back