Is ‘woke’ to be the only religion allowed in US public schools?

This is a very good article I ran across that makes a lot of good points about the state of our schools.
Betsy McCaughey

BETSY MCCAUGHEY

OPINION

Is ‘woke’ to be the only religion allowed in US public schools?​

By Betsy McCaughey
April 25, 2022 | 5:41pm
joe-kennedy.jpg

The Supreme Court is hearing a case from former high school football coach Joe Kennedy who claimed he was let go for praying after games.Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images
Over the past 60 years, public schools have been scrubbed of religion, stripped bare in the name of the US Constitution’s establishment clause, which bars favoring one religion over others. Now the void is being filled by social-justice ideology, the left’s religion by another name.
Why should traditional religion be discriminated against while teachers and coaches are allowed to proselytize their woke belief system, displaying gay-pride symbols and Black Lives Matter slogans in the classroom? Are children any less at risk of coercion or indoctrination by these ideas presented by authority figures whom they’re eager to please?
Local college got violent on a conservative speaker the other day. This picture made me realize that I should go up to my local university and pray for the students.

Forum List

Back