Texas Republicans approve bill to place Christian chaplains in public schools

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Collage-Maker-22-May-2023-02-00-PM-4275.jpg

Key supporter of Texas school chaplain bill has pushed for evangelism in schools” was first published by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them — about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.

Speaking to state lawmakers last month, Rocky Malloy argued that putting unlicensed religious chaplains in schools could prevent youth violence, teen suicide and teacher burnout. And he rejected concerns that school chaplains might use their access to recruit kids to Christ.

Chaplains “are not working to convert people to religion,” Malloy, the head of the National School Chaplain Association, told the Senate Committee on Education. “Chaplains have no other agenda other than to be present in relationships, care for individuals and to make sure everybody on campus is seen and heard.”

What Malloy didn’t mention was that, for decades, he has led another group that promotes school chaplains as a tool for evangelism. Malloy is the founder of Mission Generation, which had been open about its desire to proselytize in schools across the world until recently, when its website was changed to redirect to the school chaplain association’s home page.

Much more at the link below...

Sounds to me like the Christian foxes are trying to sneak into the henhouse! What do you think?

Last edited:
Chaplains “are not working to convert people to religion,” Malloy, the head of the National School Chaplain Association, told the Senate Committee on Education. “Chaplains have no other agenda other than to be present in relationships, care for individuals and to make sure everybody on campus is seen and heard.”

Easy way to solve this. Request an Imam at some inner city school and watch the bedwetting begin.

Key supporter of Texas school chaplain bill has pushed for evangelism in schools” was first published by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them — about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.

Speaking to state lawmakers last month, Rocky Malloy argued that putting unlicensed religious chaplains in schools could prevent youth violence, teen suicide and teacher burnout. And he rejected concerns that school chaplains might use their access to recruit kids to Christ.

What Malloy didn’t mention was that, for decades, he has led another group that promotes school chaplains as a tool for evangelism. Malloy is the founder of Mission Generation, which had been open about its desire to proselytize in schools across the world until recently, when its website was changed to redirect to the school chaplain association’s home page.

Sounds to me like the foxes are trying to sneak into the henhouse! What do you think?

Things in Texas will get worse.. Less education more fundamentalism and Dominionism.

Sounds to me like the Christian foxes are trying to sneak into the henhouse! What do you think?
I think'um we need to put native 1st nation elders in skool to teach white chilluns about pagan gods and pedophilia. You know, the native American injun way.

Will drag queens also be allowed in schools?
wut? :rolleyes:

I thought they already were.

Quite honestly, I relish the day, when one of those trans folks these schools have come in, reads a story to the kids, right in front of one of these school chaplains/Imams/rabbis.

That will make for an interesting slice of Americana. . . .

wut? :rolleyes:

I thought they already were.

Quite honestly, I relish the day, when one of those trans folks these schools have come in, reads a story to the kids, right in front of one of these school chaplains/Imams/rabbis.

That will make for an interesting slice of Americana. . . .
Yeah. I guess.

by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them —​
about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues. What do you think?"​
I think the founders of America and Texas are celebrating the goodness of Christ Jesus in Heaven, Chief. And me, too! :yes_text12:

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi::WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Will drag queens also be allowed in schools?
If they are chaplains.

I just read the bill. It doesn't define chaplain.

EDIT: I don't see how chaplains have expertise in dealing with depression, rape, female body image issues, etc. but then again I don't know which schools have counselors either.

I foresee lawsuits and potential stings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back