Is TX going to secede? Ted Cruz comments..

Tell you what, you left wingers keep the blue states and we'll keep the red states. Then you can do whatever the hell you want in your country. The big money will all move to the red states and we control most of the food and water so well sucks to be you.
lol

sounds good... I knew I had good reason to favor secession

:)

without thinking about it deeply, without being an attorney who would know all or most of the ramifications of seceding, I say TX should and other states as well. I plan to become informed on the specifics of such an action...

But technically, Lincoln should have let theSouth do so... not just my opinion but the opinion of well-informed attorneys and others... The South had a right to secede... The states made (ratified) the US federal govt and so, it would follow they have a right to de-ratify as it were... when said govt goes berserk and un-Constitutional, as it obviously has..
As usual Flyin' Ted puts forth a lot of words that don't mean much except to the Cruz-bots.

Always remember, he conspired with the Romney/Lee cabal to try to steal away the nomination from Trump after he gained the required delegates for the nomination then showed his ass at the convention.

He also called the Jan. 6 protest a terrorist attack and by extension the participants terrorists.

Ted Cruz called January 6 a “terrorist attack” and supports the ongoing investigation and prosecution of Trump supporters, adding that “everyone who attacked the Capitol must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and brought to justice.”. Republican Senator Ted Cruz just called for more Trump supporters to be investigated, prosecuted, and incarcerated for entering the Capitol building.....

At some point you just have to pull the trigger and live with the consequences.

I'm pro-self determination & therefore pro-secession. But I think what I'd like to see first is for states like Texas to kick every federal agency out of their borders save for the military.

FBI agents, IRS agents, Fish and Game - you name it, boot them all. Then see if the wannabe tyrants in DC start listening. If not, proceed with secession.

Thank God the Canadian Cancun Teddy resides in Texas, a shit hole state if there ever was one. I wish they would secede; perhaps Mexico would take them in. But, if you think the Trump Cult would let them do that, losing all those Cult votes, you've got another think a comin.
What makes you think they'd be alone? Most of rural America would join them.

!Hasta la vista, baby!
You and the OP should think before even making any such suggestion.

If Texas or California left the Union the reality is the United States of America would be hurting like hell and only ignorant people would think this is a wise idea!

Both States of the two largest economies in the Union and could cripple the entire nation if they left…

Second, Texas has a long international border with Mexico which would make it impossible for the U.S. to get supplies from Mexico and Central America via trucking…

Next, one of the largest ports in the World is in Houston which mean you will lose a vital part of our trade again!

Next, energy industry in Texas would cripple those like you seeing you need the refineries to refine the oil.

Next, many international companies hold their Corporate Offices in Texas.

So as you go down the list I provided can you truly say it is wise to tell a State to leave the Union when they supply so much for the nation from Food to oil?

How idiotic can someone be?

^^^ lost his damn mind. After we cutoff your food and energy supply you will have jack shit. :muahaha:
You are really that stupid?

Food can be imported and is regularly...

Electricity can be imported... If they have to set up a couple of Nuclear Power stations they could...

without thinking about it deeply, without being an attorney who would know all or most of the ramifications of seceding, I say TX should and other states as well. I plan to become informed on the specifics of such an action...

But technically, Lincoln should have let theSouth do so... not just my opinion but the opinion of well-informed attorneys and others... The South had a right to secede... The states made (ratified) the US federal govt and so, it would follow they have a right to de-ratify as it were... when said govt goes berserk and un-Constitutional, as it obviously has..
No need.

Turns out the South won the Civil War after all.

Sure... they folded at Appomattox...

But they sent their Special Problem People to Northern Cities a generation or two later, a.k.a. The Great Migration.

Turns out the Special Folk trashed damned-near every Northern city, took-over in many of 'em, drove-out the White Folk, and now they're all Urban $hithole$.

Perhaps the North should send a time-traveler back to Appomattox with a battery-powered video player, and talk Grant into surrendering, instead? :badgrin:

I have to agree there. If Texas votes to secede, other states like Alabama and Mississippi might secede too.
Perfect for the Democrats...

Democrats have a majority in the Senate, lock on Presidency and a comfortable majority in Congress...

First thing is to get rid of or dilute the conservative votes on the SC...

US would probably head to looking more like German economy and social policy...

I also think the Democrats might move to a more democratic voting system like Proportional Representation and Single Voter transfer....

------

This new country (lets call Southern States) would need a few things to get started...

First it needs to have trade agreements... First they need to apply to UN, this would be needed for later agreements...

A trade agreements with their neighbours ideally free. Southern States better be nice to US as they can torpedo any deals with anyone...

Since these trade agreements are going to take time there will be a exodus from the states of companies that can move especially manufacturing... WTO import duties and tarrifs would apply to all items going out, so exports will be hard to sell...

Texas will have to subsidise the other states as they are basket states...

Texas would be asking to comeback in a decade or two...

No need.

Turns out the South won the Civil War after all.

Sure... they folded at Appomattox...

But they sent their Special Problem People to Northern Cities a generation or two later, a.k.a. The Great Migration.

Turns out the Special Folk trashed damned-near every Northern city, took-over in many of 'em, drove-out the White Folk, and now they're all Urban $hithole$.

Perhaps the North should send a time-traveler back to Appomattox with a battery-powered video player, and talk Grant into surrendering, instead? :badgrin:
Did you not hear, they had a recount?

Forum List

Back