Debate Now Is Trump really comparable to Hitler?

He didn't call anyone a racist, he said that Trump uses divisive language along racial lines that whites eat up.

Uhm, yeah, we call that an insinuation of racism where I come from.

Hate to break it to you, but there are, indeed, racists in the Trump-Believer cult.

Now this is violating the rules of the thread.

Do you think racism exists?

And so is this.

(Yes, racism exists, but it doesn't consist solely of angry conservative white male Trump voters)

Hitler's rise to power exploited racism. That's a pretty well-known historical fact. It stands to reason we would address the racism of Trump and his followers in a thread on that topic. Mod Edit -- No flaming in this thread. Stipulated in OP..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitler's rise to power exploited racism. That's a pretty well-known historical fact.

Nor am I denying it.

It stands to reason we would address the racism of Trump and his followers in a thread on that topic

Except Trump isn't racist. Hey, Ben Carson is proof of that.

Lol @ that. Seriously, that's astonishingly naive. Goes right along with the "some of my best friends are black" excuse. Doesn't fly.

Hitler's rise to power exploited racism. That's a pretty well-known historical fact.

Nor am I denying it.

It stands to reason we would address the racism of Trump and his followers in a thread on that topic

Lol @ that. Seriously, that's astonishingly naive. Goes right along with the "some of my best friends are black" excuse. Doesn't fly.

Um, when you appoint a black man to a cabinet position in the Executive Branch of the US Government, surely the man isn't some token black there to ward away claims of racism.

Is that what you're getting at?

3 posts deleted. Stick to the scope of the question stipulated by the OP? In Structured Debate Forum, OP is fanatical about questions answered and SPECIFICS discussed. That's why is different than the other forums. Respect the topic MORE HERE -- than in other forums please.

Nor am I denying it.

Um, when you appoint a black man to a cabinet position in the Executive Branch of the US Government, surely the man isn't some token black there to ward away claims of racism.

Is that what you're getting at?

No, I'm getting at trump labeling all Mexicans as rapists, criminals and drug dealers. I'm getting at trump labeling an American federal judge unfit because of his Mexican ancestry. I'm getting at trump calling for a blanket ban of Muslim immigration. Im getting at trump being sued by the federal government for housing discrimination against blacks (and losing). I'm getting at trump using the media to assassinate the character of the Central Park 5, calling for their death, and then not apologizing after they were exonerated by DNA evidence. (And to this day insisting they're guilty). I'm getting at the kkk and David duke enthisiastically endorsing trump for president.

I'm getting at, Trump is, indeed a racist, and most of his supporters are too. Not all of his supporters are, and not every racist is a trump supporter. But its not a stretch to compare an authoritarian racist with a fragile ego to Hitler.

tumblr_nrtbqglzA41ubd3fno1_250.jpg

I said gas the Jews, not give me a glass of Juice!

I would like to interject some factual information here and make an appropriate comparison between Trump and pre-Holocaust Hitler.

So...

Populism": Trump, like Hitler was, is a populist answer to angry White males who feel disenfranchised by the established political hierarchy. Diversity and inclusion means, to them, that the White race has to lose something for minorities to gain something. That is the same racial current that sparked hate against the Jews.

You said:
think this is somehow an appropriate "comparison"? As it almost always does, arguments from the left involving Trump devolve into insinuations of racism.

Yes I do think Trump's much publicized racism is a strong ingredient in my comparison of him to Hitler. And since this thread is about that comparison, there is no "devolvement" into insinuations of racism at all., it is the nature of such discussions. That's is what the op is about!

Hitler sensed the time was right to "make Germany great again" in the wake of defeat following WW1 and the oppressive burden of having to pay reparations. Jews were the natural scapegoats to launch Hitler's aspirations to power and he used that propaganda well. His demagoguery was favored by the masses of Germans feeling the weight of austerity brought on by Germany's war debt. Hitler made them feel better about themselves and he could do no wrong...

YOU said:
Hitler didn't "sense" anything. All of his actions were spurred on by his inane, genocidal hatred of the Jews. The best way to get to the Jews? Become the Chancellor of Germany. To become the Chancellor of Germany he had to get the people behind him. He essentially lied to them to get their support.
Is that what he told you when you interviewed him? :lol:

Hitler's inane hatred of the jews was shared by a major part of the German population, most of whom were Christians. That hatred had been smoldering for years just beneath the surface.
Although many Jews were German citizens they were always seen as "the others." The Jews stoked the ire of Germans and Europeans everywhere they lived because of their innate ability to prosper.Whatever they gained, many Germans saw those gains as the cause of their poverty. Hitler was just a reflection of populists in his society just as Trump is a reflection of populists in his. Both Hitler and Trump share the historical stage as pathological liars but they were only saying what their constituents wanted to hear...Neither would have succeed if they had deviated from the script their palpitating masses wanted to hear.

Sound familiar?

YOU said:
No, not really.

I didn't expect you to acknowledge the very facts you asked for.

Trump's rise was due to the frustration of his constituents with the establishment. Obama's presidency, fear of Islamic based terrorism, and illegal Mexican migrations instilled a sense that White Americans were losing ground.

More insinuations of racism. This is more if a stretch than anything else.

Hardly, validation of my premise abounds everywhere in sundry media enclaves.

But it is clear that Trump's hegemonic proclivities are similar to those exhibited by Hitler before the Holocaust. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long!

YOU said:
Hmm... I don't like what you're insinuating.

Did I ask you to like it? The truth is not always what you like!

Nor am I denying it.

No,that is because Ben Carson is a good little lackey who can be used like Uncle Clarence Thomas was/is used.

No, I'm getting at trump labeling all Mexicans as rapists, criminals and drug dealers

Let's look at what he actually said:

"Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I'm getting at trump being sued by the federal government for housing discrimination against blacks (and losing).

Um, that happened all the way back in 1973. The case was settled in 1975. This has nothing to do with my thread. And it most certainly doesn't make him comparable to Hitler.

I'm getting at trump being sued by the federal government for housing discrimination against blacks (and losing).

Um, that happened all the way back in 1973. The case was settled in 1975. This has nothing to do with my thread. And it most certainly doesn't make him comparable to Hitler.
I know you wish Trump's past had nothing to do with your thread but it does.:rock:

I know you wish Trump's past had nothing to do with your thread but it does.:rock:

So, are you going to come up with some actual proof or not?

Forum List

Back