Debate Now Is Trump really comparable to Hitler?

To be fair, you're comparing Hitler at the end of his power, and trump at the beginning. He hasn't had time to enact the policies that would allow him to do all that other stuff. He has made it clear that he intends to though.
That is a ridiculous lie. And You know it is.

Really? Hitler blamed the Jews for all their problems. Trump blames the Mexicans and Muslims. Hitler demanded a registry of Jews even if they were legal citizens. Trump demanded a registry of Muslims, even if they are legal citizens. Like I said before, I think Trump is more like Biff from Back to the Future than Hitler, but it's still easy to make the argument that he is like both.
And you are simply lying again.

Care to point out the lie?
I'm not going to list all of your lies, but I will give an example. You just claimed that Trump demanded a "registry of Muslims. That is a ridiculous lie.

Trump's Transition Team Reportedly Mulls 'Muslim Registry'

To be fair, you're comparing Hitler at the end of his power, and trump at the beginning. He hasn't had time to enact the policies that would allow him to do all that other stuff.

What "other stuff" are you referring to?

If you are going to start a thread concerning Hitler, you should at least find out what he did first.

Uh yeah, I know what Hitler did. What I want to know is what Trump did to warrant his comparison to a genocidal dictator.

Perhaps I'm not being clear. I'm looking for historical parallels between Trump and Hitler. Not "because I think so and here's why" posts.
so just as I thought.... your argument is "trump isnt hitler until he kills tens of millions of people"...again its a shitty argument

Would you prefer Mussolini?

Are you denying that Hitler engineered the Holocaust?

It's a pretty effective argument. Because when you're comparing Trump to Hitler, you have to understand what Hitler did. Trump didn't engage in a Putsch, he didn't kill six million Jews, he doesn't believe in some twisted fantasy of a "Third Reich" or somesuch. Trump is nothing like Hitler whatsoever.

Hitler was a murderer first and foremost. And it's wrong to compare Trump, or anyone, to a mass murderer.

To be fair, you're comparing Hitler at the end of his power, and trump at the beginning. He hasn't had time to enact the policies that would allow him to do all that other stuff. He has made it clear that he intends to though.
In other words, he has done nothing to warrant being compared to Hitler. All we needed from you.

His behavior is very much like Hitler when Hitler was first elected.

Perhaps I'm not being clear. I'm looking for historical parallels between Trump and Hitler. Not "because I think so and here's why" posts.
so just as I thought.... your argument is "trump isnt hitler until he kills tens of millions of people"...again its a shitty argument

It's a pretty effective argument. Because when you're comparing Trump to Hitler, you have to understand what Hitler did. Trump didn't engage in a Putsch, he didn't kill six million Jews, he doesn't believe in some twisted fantasy of a "Third Reich" or somesuch. Trump is nothing like Hitler whatsoever.

Hitler was a murderer first and foremost. And it's wrong to compare Trump, or anyone, to a mass murderer.

In other words, he has done nothing to warrant being compared to Hitler. All we needed from you.

Hmmm.

I notice you've offered examples... except you didn't, because that statement is based on absolutely nothing.

To be fair, you're comparing Hitler at the end of his power, and trump at the beginning. He hasn't had time to enact the policies that would allow him to do all that other stuff.

If you are going to start a thread concerning Hitler, you should at least find out what he did first.

Uh yeah, I know what Hitler did. What I want to know is what Trump did to warrant his comparison to a genocidal dictator.

Hitler wasn't a genocidal dictator when he was first elected. He started out by removing protections from people he didn't like and making a data base of a religion he didn't like. Hitler's speeches told all about how terrible his country was, and blaming it all on the Jews. How he needed to contain the Jews to protect future generations. Trump uses Muslims and Mexicans instead of Jews, but the sentiment is the same

Hitler wasn't a genocidal dictator when he was first elected. He started out by removing protections from people he didn't like and making a data base of a religion he didn't like. Hitler's speeches told all about how terrible his country was, and blaming it all on the Jews. How he needed to contain the Jews to protect future generations. Trump uses Muslims and Mexicans instead of Jews, but the sentiment is the same

Too many qualifiers. When you compare Trump to Hitler, you can't choose what part of Hitler to compare him to. Hitler is known in history as a mass murderer. That was his infamous legacy. He killed people and marveled in it.

Regardless of what Hitler did when he was "elected" you can't compare Trump to someone like that.

Too many qualifiers. When you compare Trump to Hitler, you can't choose what part of Hitler to compare him to. Hitler is known in history as a mass murderer. That was his infamous legacy. He killed people and marveled in it.

Regardless of what Hitler did when he was "elected" you can't compare Trump to someone like that.

No, but you can make lots of comparisons between Trump and the man we know Hitler was before he gained enough power to do those things, and the known goals and tactics used by Trump and Hitler at the times of their elections..

It's a pretty effective argument. Because when you're comparing Trump to Hitler, you have to understand what Hitler did. Trump didn't engage in a Putsch, he didn't kill six million Jews, he doesn't believe in some twisted fantasy of a "Third Reich" or somesuch. Contrary to Hitler, who wanted to conquer, Trump wants America to keep to herself. Trump is nothing like Hitler whatsoever.

I would like to interject some factual information here and make an appropriate comparison between Trump and pre-holcaust Hitler. It makes no sense to compare Trump to Hitler after the Holocaust. What we are looking for are the similarities they share leading up to that dark period.

Populism": Trump, like Hitler was, is a populist answer to angry White males who feel disenfranchised by the established political hierarchy. Diversity and inclusion means, to them, that the White race has to lose something for minorities to gain something. That is the same racial current that sparked hate against the Jews.

Hitler sensed the time was right to "make Germany great again" in the wake of defeat following WW1 and the oppressive burden of having to pay reparations. Jews were the natural scapegoats to launch Hitler's aspirations to power and he used that propaganda well. His demagoguery was favored by the masses of Germans feeling the weight of austerity brought on by Germany's war debt. Hitler made them feel better about themselves and he could do no wrong... Sound familiar?

Trump's rise was due to the frustration of his constituents with the establishment. Obama's presidency, fear of Islamic based terrorism, and illegal Mexican migrations instilled a sense that White Americans were losing ground. Limbaugh and Fox News told them so. Trump tuned in and listened to the voices of the average White guys and did what Hitler did. He became the icon of White angst and told them what they wanted to hear. He was unabashedly proud of his success and announced that he could shoot someone and they would still support him. The frightening thing is that he was probably right!

Now, it is too early to tell if other parallels to Hitler will be seen int he trump camp. But it is clear that Trump's hegemonic proclivities are similar to those exhibited by Hitler before the Holocaust. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long!

It's a pretty effective argument. Because when you're comparing Trump to Hitler, you have to understand what Hitler did. Trump didn't engage in a Putsch, he didn't kill six million Jews, he doesn't believe in some twisted fantasy of a "Third Reich" or somesuch. Contrary to Hitler, who wanted to conquer, Trump wants America to keep to herself. Trump is nothing like Hitler whatsoever.

Hitler never murdered anyone he was the head of amilitary, that is much smaller than the one trump currently is in charge of. The US military is still active and killing people so he has killled already. Trump has made no effort to scale back the military he is already calling for more wars against Iran, Syria, probably a few more countries he can't even find on a map. In other words "conquering" he says he wants to torture them kill their families and take "thier oil" thats called conquering something Bush would never admit to doing, much less promise to do it like some psychopathic dictator

second of all the third reich, was making about "making germany great again" by bringing everyone back to the holy roman empire. Hitler's twisted fantasy of the third reich is identical to your twisted fantasy of the 1950's. Hitler literally said "make Germany great again" Move Over Trump: Adolf Hitler Said He Would 'Make Germany Great Again'

So if Trump dies of a heart attack tonight he certainly wont be remembered alongside hitler. But that doesn't mean he isn't comparable to hitler when his politics, beliefs, and methods are identical. Substitute jews for muslims, and polish for mexicans his rhetoric is exactly the same.

It takes quite the special combination of stupidity, ignorance and dishonesty to compare Trump to Hitler.

Sure, he's a megalomaniac, and a demagogue, even, but this hysterical hyperbole is part of the problem in American politics these days.

He is not Hitler, but many of his authoritarian moves are taken from the Hitler playbook. Chief among them, discrediting and silencing the media, wherever he can. Another is stoking economic fears and directing the rage toward minorities. "Those money-grubbing jews took your wealth" is replaced by "those illegal mexicans are taking your jobs."

The comparisons are pretty easy to see, but Trump is not the first to engage in this. Republicans have been doing it for decades.

What I want from you is to prove to me any concrete similarities between Trump and Hitler. I can scarcely believe this man would be anything close to Hitler, who murdered 6 million people.

So, as the question in the title asks, is Trump comparable to Hitler?

Rules:

1) No referring to Trump as anything except by his given name, which can be President Donald Trump, Trump, Donald Trump, Donald John Trump, Donald J. Trump, DJT, DT or Donald.
2) No insults.
3) All comparisons must be backed up with real, verifiable historic evidence in comparison with current policy actions or behavior being undertaken by the current administration.

I could make more of an argument for comparing the DNC to the Nazi party.

Hitler was terrified of the people revolting during WW2, because it happened to the Germans during WW1. As a result, Hitler was very driven to provide the people with a very high standard of living via the Nanny state, higher than in the United States even with free health care leading the way. Hitler then targeted the top 4% of rich Germans, which drove his popularity even higher cuz people love to covet. Essentially, Hilter bought the hearts and souls of a war weary German people steeped in genocide.

Speaking of genocide, if the unborn child is really human, which it generally is 99.9% of the time when it comes out, then everyone who embraces abortion also embraces genocide. Interestingly, abortion and the Holocaust have a common thread to them, namely, making money. For you see, the Jews were targeted for their gold. They would round them up, take their gold, and send them off to die. In fact, Hitler would invade a foreign country, loot it, and then tell the provisional government to round up Jews, take their gold, and stabilize the economy. Shrug, it worked. In the same vein, those who have abortions generally do so in the name of money, whether it is maintaining a particular life style or keeping a career going. Also, abortion is a billion dollar industry.

Want more similarities? Hitler spent money like a drunken sailor. In fact, in 1939 he forbade the government from passing a budget so as not to alarm the populace as to how much money he was spending. For you see, Hitler was burning his bridges, it was either follow me, or have economic collapse. Sound familiar America?

Then the Nazi's were also avid environmentalists and animal rights advocates. The Nazi regime passed the first laws protecting wild life and setting aside nature areas and passed stringent animal rights laws. Those who harmed animals were sent to Siberia. Hitler loved animals so much, he was a vegetarian.

I would like to interject some factual information here and make an appropriate comparison between Trump and pre-Holocaust Hitler.

So...

Populism": Trump, like Hitler was, is a populist answer to angry White males who feel disenfranchised by the established political hierarchy. Diversity and inclusion means, to them, that the White race has to lose something for minorities to gain something. That is the same racial current that sparked hate against the Jews.

You think this is somehow an appropriate "comparison"? As it almost always does, arguments from the left involving Trump devolve into insinuations of racism.

Hitler sensed the time was right to "make Germany great again" in the wake of defeat following WW1 and the oppressive burden of having to pay reparations. Jews were the natural scapegoats to launch Hitler's aspirations to power and he used that propaganda well. His demagoguery was favored by the masses of Germans feeling the weight of austerity brought on by Germany's war debt. Hitler made them feel better about themselves and he could do no wrong...

Hitler didn't "sense" anything. All of his actions were spurred on by his inane, genocidal hatred of the Jews. The best way to get to the Jews? Become the Chancellor of Germany. To become the Chancellor of Germany he had to get the people behind him. He essentially lied to them to get their support.

Sound familiar?

No, not really.

Last edited:
I would like to interject some factual information here and make an appropriate comparison between Trump and pre-Holocaust Hitler.

So...

You think this is somehow an appropriate "comparison"? As it almost always does, arguments from the left involving Trump devolve into insinuations of racism.

Hitler sensed the time was right to "make Germany great again" in the wake of defeat following WW1 and the oppressive burden of having to pay reparations. Jews were the natural scapegoats to launch Hitler's aspirations to power and he used that propaganda well. His demagoguery was favored by the masses of Germans feeling the weight of austerity brought on by Germany's war debt. Hitler made them feel better about themselves and he could do no wrong...

Hitler didn't "sense" anything. All of his actions were spurred on by his inane hatred of the Jews. The best way to get to the Jews? Become the Chancellor of Germany. To become the Chancellor of Germany he had to get the people behind him. He essentially lied to them to get their support.

Sound familiar?

No, not really.

He didn't call anyone a racist, he said that Trump uses divisive language along racial lines that whites eat up. And why the ad hominem crap about "as it almost always does, arguments from the left..."

In your last paragraph, you essentially agreed with him. But I'll correct you on one thing: Hitler wasn't purely ascending to power because of hatred for Jews. He struggled economically in a big way, and blamed the Jews, same as the Germans did after he ended up painting the Jews as the scapegoats.

You're violating your own thread rules with this crap. Shape up. It's reported.

Trump's rise was due to the frustration of his constituents with the establishment. Obama's presidency, fear of Islamic based terrorism, and illegal Mexican migrations instilled a sense that White Americans were losing ground.

More insinuations of racism. This is more if a stretch than anything else.

But it is clear that Trump's hegemonic proclivities are similar to those exhibited by Hitler before the Holocaust. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long!

Hmm... I don't like what you're insinuating.

Trump's rise was due to the frustration of his constituents with the establishment. Obama's presidency, fear of Islamic based terrorism, and illegal Mexican migrations instilled a sense that White Americans were losing ground.

More insinuations of racism. This is more if a stretch than anything else.

But it is clear that Trump's hegemonic proclivities are similar to those exhibited by Hitler before the Holocaust. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long!

Hmm... I don't like what you're insinuating.

Do you think racism exists?

He didn't call anyone a racist, he said that Trump uses divisive language along racial lines that whites eat up.

Uhm, yeah, we call that an insinuation of racism where I come from.

Hate to break it to you, but there are, indeed, racists in the Trump-Believer cult.

Now this is violating the rules of the thread.

Do you think racism exists?

And so is this.

(Yes, racism exists, but it doesn't consist solely of angry conservative white male Trump voters)

In short, no. In long, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Forum List

Back