Is this police harrassment?

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
Or an antagonistic guy with an axe to grind?

Spoiler......this guy is pulled over because he was flying his drone over Marshall Farms who is known to raise & sell animals for research purposes. The guy admits he is from 'Treating Animals with Respect & Kindness' & the Shark Team as he introduces himself to the viewer. The cop asks for ID and the guy refuses and this continues on until the cops attempt to take him into custody.

Personally I see it that the guy was in the wrong for several reasons.....

1. He has an axe to grind against the Facility & was snooping into their goings on.
2. He refuses the cops request for ID
3. Then as the video goes on, continues to be antagonistic toward the cops.

As for the cop, I see him as only following up on a complaint from the Farm, that this guy was snooping where he didn't belong.

What do you think?

Spoiler......this guy is pulled over because he was flying his drone over Marshall Farms who is known to raise & sell animals for research purposes. The guy admits he is from 'Treating Animals with Respect & Kindness' & the Shark Team as he introduces himself to the viewer. The cop asks for ID and the guy refuses and this continues on until the cops attempt to take him into custody.

1. He has an axe to grind against the Facility & was snooping into their goings on.

As for the cop, I see him as only following up on a complaint from the Farm, that this guy was snooping where he didn't belong.

What do you think?

Depends entirely on the local and state laws in effect at the time this was done.

What do you think?

What do you think?

What a putz the guy is.

The guy flunked the attitude test. First answer the questions, and when asked for your ID explain where it is, and slowly produce it. Failure to produce an ID in CA provides PC (probable cause) to detain a subject.

What do you think?

Depends entirely on the local and state laws in effect at the time this was done.

ok, I can see where that would possibly make some difference in this particular case......but he's still refusing to comply with the officer, regardless of the reasons

Yeah, you can't be arrested for not giving your name to cops. Unless they are arresting you.

What do you think?

ok, I can see where that would possibly make some difference in this particular case......but he's still refusing to comply with the officer, regardless of the reasons

You cannot refuse to comply with a police officer request it will get you some trouble 99% of the time.

And they can't arrest you or cite you for not giving your name to them.

Yeah, you can't be arrested for not giving your name to cops. Unless they are arresting you.
Reasonable suspicion.

In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the conviction of Larry Dudley Hiibel.

Hiibel had violated a Nevada statute that requires persons temporarily detained on "reasonable suspicion" of criminal activity to identify themselves to a police officer.

What do you think?

You cannot refuse to comply with a police officer request it will get you some trouble 99% of the time.

exactly......and the guy was being an ass about the whole thing to boot.

Depends on the state, my state you are not required but others you are required to comply.

No, you aren't. Police do not have the authority to arrest you because you don't give them your name. They do it all the time, but it's unconstitutional, and therefore, illegal.

Now if they are arresting you, or giving you a ticket, that is different.

But they can't just demand that you identify yourself because they want to know who you are, and then arrest you if you refuse. Or at least..they aren't supposed to.

We all know they do whatever the fuck they want. But if they actually upheld the law, they would not do that.

What do you think?

exactly......and the guy was being an ass about the whole thing to boot.

Show me the law that states it's illegal to be rude to a cop.

Depends on the state, my state you are not required but others you are required to comply.

No, you aren't. Police do not have the authority to arrest you because you don't give them your name. They do it all the time, but it's unconstitutional, and therefore, illegal.

Now if they are arresting you, or giving you a ticket, that is different.

But they can't just demand that you identify yourself because they want to know who you are, and then arrest you if you refuse. Or at least..they aren't supposed to.

We all know they do whatever the fuck they want. But if they actually upheld the law, they would not do that.

Check post 17.

Forum List

Back