Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement

• Total voters
I don't believe any white person, latino or asian could make that statement without being labeled a racist.

What...that they agree with Chris Rock?

Nah! Chris very clearly lays out the difference between black people and *******.

I suppose a nicer word to use, that everyone can use, would be gangstas or gangbangers. Because that is to whom he is clearly referring.

In fact, gangstas and gangbangers would be a better, all encompassing word to describe all races of people (black, white, Hispanic, asian) who lead a urban street life tending towards violence and crime.

I agree that is you substituted gangstas, it would not be racist.

But when a white person says "There are blacks and then there are *******" what I here is "Black that have assimilated white culture are okay, but the rest..."

I mean, what is racism other than hate based solely on being different.

It might be hate based on behavior and acts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_frhBw]YouTube - Black White Supremist Dave Chappelle Complete[/ame]

not if you're black.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" in and of itself a racist statement.

I say yes.

Nik says no.

What do you say?
I don't know. If society determined that "******" was a term that denigrated people for how they acted but not for their skin color (like the word "redneck" for instance) then I could see that it wouldn't be a racist statement.

Outstanding!... :eusa_clap:

:)

peace...

I grew up in the '60's when Black men were called ****** (in a derogatory way) by White men and they couldn't do or say anything about it. If they did the White man would have them arrested and the Black man would go to jail. Simple as that! The younger generation of Black men watched this happen to their fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and decided that when they grew up they weren't going to take it!! Do you blame them?

Well I grew up in the '60 's also and if a white boy called me "******" I would kick his ass and wouldn't be arrested either.
I dont know where you come from but in Philly white boys as well as white men said that name when they had more people with them then the Blacks,but in my neighborhood it didn't matter how many they had they still had their ass handed to them. I dont blame young Blacks today not taking being called that name.

Doesn't matter who says it -- the question reads "in and of itself". Since the statement makes no judgment about the inferiority of one race over another (which is the definition of racism) the statement cannot be in and of itself racist. It does divide the same race (presumably) into different castes within that race, therefore the statement is classist (or if you prefer, elitist)

The speaker may or may not be racist, but there's not enough in the statement to make that determination -- unless you count the choice of the "n-word" in itself as a form of racism. But that isn't the question posed.

There's just one other question left unanswered:
-- Who's "Nik"?

Last edited:
obama_red_vs_black.jpg

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" in and of itself a racist statement.

I say yes.

Nik says no.

What do you say?

Had there never been a time when the word "******" was popularly used in society as a descriptive for all black people, then this would be a valid question.

depends on what nigga means but the historical context is a person of african descendt not a gangbanger only. you dont need to say hateful and loaded racist words to lay out that there are differences between black and black, you could say "there are good and bad blacks" or "there are good blacks and there are criminal gangsters among them etc."

Hate all white people, they are racist. I heard that forty years ago, from a loudmouth bigoted hateful black boy. Seems to be a popular mantra now. Racism...yeah, right.

I think it's pathetic to let words have so much power over you. A black person can call me any ignorant bullshit they want.... doesn't bother me, doesn't make me want to shoot their dimwitted ass. No power over my white ass, that is the difference. I consider the source and just don't give a shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I think it's pathetic to let words have so much power over you. A black person can call me any ignorant bullshit they want.... doesn't bother me, doesn't make me want to shoot their dimwitted ass. No power over my white ass, that is the difference. I consider the source and just don't give a shit.

there is a song of eminem
words are weapons

words can be hurtful and harmful etc. i dont know why you may think it is just a word etc. but it is reality

Last edited by a moderator:

Long time...

:)

peace...

Hate all white people, they are racist. I heard that forty years ago, from a loudmouth bigoted hateful black boy. Seems to be a popular mantra now. Racism...yeah, right.

This coming from YOU, of all people?

:rolleyes:

There's blacks and then there's *******

Is code for "Blacks are OK if they meet my standards. If they don't act the way I expect them to, they are *******"

Of course Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

There's blacks and then there's *******

Is code for "Blacks are OK if they meet my standards. If they don't act the way I expect them to, they are *******"

What if that standard meant not being a gangbanger and a criminal?
As far as I'm concerned "******" can be applied to all races.

But what you think is appropriate doesn't matter.

What a criminal thinks when he breaks the law doesn't matter.

When a racist talks racist, what he thinks doesn't matter.

Most crimes committed by Blacks are against other Blacks and most of the offenders are young men. The good folks that live in the hood are victims and they are starting to strike back.

Teleeb Starkes, a Black man who grew up in the hood but managed to escape its destructive influence, has no sympathy for the small but violent subclass of Blacks who commit these crimes. The title of his book is: THE UN-CIVIL WAR: BLACKS vs ******* (CONFRONTING THE SUBCULTURE WITHIN THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN COMMUNITY). Starkes shows no mercy. He refers to the subculture of violent young Blacks as “JuviNiggers.” I thought it was a damn good book. Warning: The word “******” appears on almost every page.

Forum List

Back