Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement?

Is " "There's blacks and then there's *******" a Racist Statement

• Total voters

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There's blacks and then there's *******

Is code for "Blacks are OK if they meet my standards. If they don't act the way I expect them to, they are *******"
What if that standard meant not being a gangbanger and a criminal?
As far as I'm concerned "******" can be applied to all races.
But what you think is appropriate doesn't matter.

What a criminal thinks when he breaks the law doesn't matter.

When a racist talks racist, what he thinks doesn't matter.
Boy that was insightful ......:doubt:

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What if that standard meant not being a gangbanger and a criminal?
As far as I'm concerned "******" can be applied to all races.
But what you think is appropriate doesn't matter.

What a criminal thinks when he breaks the law doesn't matter.

When a racist talks racist, what he thinks doesn't matter.
Boy that was insightful ......:doubt:
And to the crux of the matter: racists don't define what is racism.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Huey

Silver Member
Reaction score

mal

Diamond Member
Reaction score

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The day we call each other Americans and not African Americans, Latino Americans, Asian Americans then the world will be a better place.

To the OP I voted No. As that statement doesn't really come out and call someone a ******.

A black man may be a good American, just as a white man can be a shitty one. It's all a matter of perception. If I called a white man WHITE TRASH..........am I Racist............

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Reaction score
The day we call each other Americans and not African Americans, Latino Americans, Asian Americans then the world will be a better place.

To the OP I voted No. As that statement doesn't really come out and call someone a ******.

A black man may be a good American, just as a white man can be a shitty one. It's all a matter of perception. If I called a white man WHITE TRASH..........am I Racist............
Depends

I thought you said everyone is just...American

Why would you call them "white trash" instead of just "trash"?
Is it your way of saying that white people can be trash just like black people?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
OP
Missourian

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Necromancy!

Yes...I am raising this thread from the dead.

I was surprised the new mod katsteve2012 and I had never to my knowledge interacted...and this thread was the only thread I could find that he quoted me in...about five years after I started this thread.

Not sure if I saw it...I might have been on hiatus at the time.

I started this thread in 2009.

I'm surprised at how the poll ran...and I'm interested to see how social norms have changed in the last decade.

This is where the poll sits today.

With 60 votes total...25 yes and 35 no.

Screenshot_2020-10-14-22-53-10(1).png

P.S.- congrats Katsteve on your mod-dom...hope we get to interact more in the future than we have in the past.

Last edited:

katsteve2012

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Necromancy!

Yes...I am raising this thread from the dead.

I was surprised the new mod katsteve2012 and I had never to my knowledge interacted...and this thread was the only thread I could find that he quoted me in...about five years after I started this thread.

Not sure if I saw it...I might have been on hiatus at the time.

I started this thread in 2009.

I'm surprised at how the poll ran...and I'm interested to see how social norms have changed in the last decade.

This is where the poll sits today.

With 60 votes total...25 yes and 35 no.

View attachment 401786

P.S.- congrats Katsteve on your mod-dom...hope we get to interact more in the future than we have in the past.
Thank you Missourian, likewise as well.

Learning experiences are always beneficial. I will take a look at the thread you started back then.

IM2

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Funny how you don't mention how whites call themselves Irish-Americans , German-Americans, Italian -Americans . The selective white amnesia has always been the problem. You guys criticize everyone else for things you do all the time.

miketx

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Funny how you don't mention how whites call themselves Irish-Americans , German-Americans, Italian -Americans . The selective white amnesia has always been the problem. You guys criticize everyone else for things you do all the time.
I've never called myself anything but an American you lying pos.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I've never called myself anything but an American you lying pos.
Yep.
I never go by Dutch American.

BS Filter

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who said it. It's racist. I'm sure there are many black people who are offended when other blacks use the word "******".

One thing I can't understand is why the word "Negro" became politically incorrect to use. It is the proper term to describe the race.
Negro is Spanish for Black.

Mytwocents

Reaction score
There are blacks and there are *******, just as there are whites and there are caucasians.
Which one of those is supposed to be degrading? Hmmm...let's see...it's gone from "Anglo-Saxon " to "Caucasian " to "white"(non-latino)...people complained because not all are Anglo-Saxon, so it was changed. However, not all are from the Caucasus Mts. either, so, changed to "white". (Never understood why the term "honky " was supposed to be "racist " either. We have "honky-tonks"...)

Mytwocents

Reaction score
My black students have explained to me that there is a distinct difference between the word "******" and the word "nigga" And yes - only black people can use it with the exception of hot white chicks who like big black dicks.
And that's why there's no respect. How can anyone have respect for someone who doesn't want to be called something so degrading, yet calls each other by it?

BS Filter

Gold Member
Reaction score
My black students have explained to me that there is a distinct difference between the word "******" and the word "nigga" And yes - only black people can use it with the exception of hot white chicks who like big black dicks.
And that's why there's no respect. How can anyone have respect for someone who doesn't want to be called something so degrading, yet calls each other by it?
Yep, and the white and black leftists excuse it and ignore it, but pounce when a white person says it. Hypocritical racist trash.

amethyst

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biden just calls them predators. he explains that being born out of wedlock blah blah blah turns thousands into predators.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List