Is There Any Question As To That Being Donald Sterling's Voice?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
At this point, the only statement Donald Sterling has made, through a surrogate, was something to the effect of "The Clippers, as an organization, doesn't believe in those remarks."

His wife and kids, just recently released a statement condemning their husband's and father's statements and say they do NOT agree with him.

You'd think that he, Sterling, would have responded HIMSELF equivocally denying it's him, if it WASN'T him...he didn't. We haven't heard anything from the man himself, it's been 3 days now.

So do any of you USMBers believe that its; NOT Donald Sterling on those tapes at this point?

And what should be the result of him making those bigoted and racist statements?

Immediate suspension from the NBA for the remainder of the year and for all of next year.
And a hefty fine.I heard today on one of the local sports talk shows that the limit on a fine is
$1 million.

That is probably the immediate response.

I'm not a big fan of setting people up by getiing them to say shit and recording it then running as fast as they can to a media outlet.
But he said it and now has to deal with the aftermath.

I'm not a big fan of setting people up by getiing them to say shit and recording it then running as fast as they can to a media outlet.
But he said it and now has to deal with the aftermath.
This seems to be the meme from the far RW...that he was somehow "set up."

What was the setup?

Were you aware that HE HIMSELF asked to have all their calls recorded because he wanted to remember what was said?
Donald Sterling knew He Was Being Recorded

So please explain what was the setup part you were referring to.

I don't get it.

The man made those statements in natural conversation.

Last edited:
I think that if the guy has never publicly displayed any racism, and hasn't been discriminatory in hiring with the Clippers, then his personal opinions, expressed privately, are his own business.

I think that if the guy has never publicly displayed any racism, and hasn't been discriminatory in hiring with the Clippers, then his personal opinions, expressed privately, are his own business.

Yeah, well it's not the first time.
Alleged Donald Sterling recording is the latest in series of incidents involving Clippers owner - The Washington Post
I'm not saying he's not a racist. I'm saying there is no evidence of his racism affecting his control of the Clippers. For instance, he hasn't avoided acquiring Black players or made public racist comments.

i'm usually the last person to stick up for rich people.

But the gist of this tape is that he didn't like the fact his mistress was stepping out with other guys, and then posting it on social media where I suppose other rich guys were ribbing him about it.

And he said a few things that were racist, although he didn't use the N-word or any other slur.

Then again, his mistress comes off as kind of stupid on this tape. She doesn't sound like a mastermind who could set someone up.

i'm usually the last person to stick up for rich people.

But the gist of this tape is that he didn't like the fact his mistress was stepping out with other guys, and then posting it on social media where I suppose other rich guys were ribbing him about it.

And he said a few things that were racist, although he didn't use the N-word or any other slur.

Then again, his mistress comes off as kind of stupid on this tape. She doesn't sound like a mastermind who could set someone up.
I agree in one thing...she doesn't seem the type to mastermind a setup.

That much is clear.

I do, too. However, I feel Silver was a leader, acted decisively, and did what is in the best interest for professional basketball. Down the line, he may have to make a call against a player who isn't white, and this way, it won't be considered biased. He took a stand. All leaders need to do this and quickly. He showed integrity. He has integrity. JMHO

I do, too. However, I feel Silver was a leader, acted decisively, and did what is in the best interest for professional basketball. Down the line, he may have to make a call against a player who isn't white, and this way, it won't be considered biased. He took a stand. All leaders need to do this and quickly. He showed integrity. He has integrity. JMHO

Let's not canonize him yet - he was working from a business standpoint. The Golden State Warriors had let Silver know that they were prepared to boycott the playoff game against the Clippers. That sort of thing could snowball.

Do you know how much money cancelled playoffs would cost the NBA? Not to mention their prestige.

And the players have guaranteed contracts - they wouldn't lose any money.

At this point, the only statement Donald Sterling has made, through a surrogate, was something to the effect of "The Clippers, as an organization, doesn't believe in those remarks."

His wife and kids, just recently released a statement condemning their husband's and father's statements and say they do NOT agree with him.

You'd think that he, Sterling, would have responded HIMSELF equivocally denying it's him, if it WASN'T him...he didn't. We haven't heard anything from the man himself, it's been 3 days now.

So do any of you USMBers believe that its; NOT Donald Sterling on those tapes at this point?

And what should be the result of him making those bigoted and racist statements?

i wonder when the NBA is going to prove it is against all racism and come down on this part owner?

Jay-Z?s bling from ?whites are devils? group | New York Post

I mean after all, racism is racism, right?

Let's not canonize him yet - he was working from a business standpoint. The Golden State Warriors had let Silver know that they were prepared to boycott the playoff game against the Clippers. That sort of thing could snowball.

Do you know how much money cancelled playoffs would cost the NBA? Not to mention their prestige.

so let golden state forfiet and move on.

so let golden state forfiet and move on.
If the Warriors forfeited, then the Heat would have followed suit, along with every other team in the playoffs.

Haven't you been paying attention?

Forum List

Back