Is the use of Deadly Force to protect property the solution to riots?

Looters and people who are trying to destroy local businesses (e.g., burn them) should be shot on sight. I don't think that for the general rioters who are not looting though. They should just go to jail

Or you could try to address the legitimate points they are upset about... that would work.

It's like you guys didn't learn a fucking thing from the 1960's.

I watched the Laura show tonight. She was discussing the continuing riots and attacks on businesses in Minneapolis this weekend that no other MSM outlet covered. Interviewing business owners, they told their story how they ran to their business only to helplessly watch it be looted, destroyed, and in some cases, burnt to the ground.

Some had businesses handed down for generations. Others were foreigners who came here to realize the American dream. Their city and state leaders allowed their dreams to go up in smoke.

Lowlifes who do these things have no fear, because there is no real deterrent to stopping them. We've seen these so-called leaders tell their police to stand down; to not enforce laws; to not protect these businesses; to allow them "room" to vent.

IMO, a real deterrent works every time it's tried. What if we had a federal law that allowed property owners to use deadly force to protect their property with no ability for city or local governments to prosecute?

A group of thugs start busting into a business. The business owner and family or other employees open fire killing dozens or hundreds of lowlifes. Other businesses do the same. Who in their right mind (after witnessing this) would think of trying to break into, or destroying another business down the street weary if they are armed and willing to kill to protect their investment?

True, hundreds of funerals, but also hundreds of businesses saved, millions of dollars not lost, and thousands of jobs saved in just one city. We need a national law of using deadly force to protect our property.
I totally agree. The cities could take some of the police funds and give AR-15's to the family members of each owner of the stores. Problem corrected.

There would be no need for that in Blue cities if only the mayors would allow them to arm themselves. There is no second Amendment privileges in New York City unless you're rich and can grease palms or politically affiliated with Democrats.

The 2nd is not a privilege, it is a Right. That Right needs to be reclaimed.

Looters and people who are trying to destroy local businesses (e.g., burn them) should be shot on sight. I don't think that for the general rioters who are not looting though. They should just go to jail

Or you could try to address the legitimate points they are upset about... that would work.

Looters are saying "I want that and I don't want to pay for it."

No wonder Democrats love them since your philosophy is based on the same point of view

A group of thugs start busting into a business. The business owner and family or other employees open fire killing dozens or hundreds of lowlifes. Other businesses do the same. Who in their right mind (after witnessing this) would think of trying to break into, or destroying another business down the street weary if they are armed and willing to kill to protect their investment?

Wow, Ray, your wank fantasies are amusing to watch.

Businesses have insurance. Stuff can be replaced. Lives cannot.

So that's a reason to permit people to destroy the property of another? Do you pay for insurance Joe? I do. How do you suppose insurance companies recoup that money they have to pay out in claims, especially when you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars they collectively have to shell out?

Insurance or no insurance, some of these businesses are closed down for good. They not only robbed them of their property, they robbed them of their life.

I will agree with your last statement though: Stuff can be replaced, lives cannot. If you were a person who was thinking about destroying the property of others, and your life would be in jeopardy by doing so, you probably wouldn't think risking your life was worth it.

I simply can't see why I, as a law-abiding property owner, should be expected to worry more about the value of a criminal's life than the criminal has to. Seems to me that should be HIS concern, not mine.
if that criminal has no respect for my or my property, i return the favor. i honestly don't give a shit about their motive or how mistreated they feel they are from the world around them.

It has little to do with that. It's just an excuse to steal and destroy things. I'd be willing to bet if you asked any of those lowlifes if they knew the name George Floyd, probably half of them would tell you they never heard of the guy.
of that i fully agree. you see them flooding a target and coming out with whatever they can carry, they don't give a shit about "justice" - they want free shit.

any attempt to soften that up is bullshit.

Wow, Ray, your wank fantasies are amusing to watch.

Businesses have insurance. Stuff can be replaced. Lives cannot.
what about the lives killed by people doing the looting of "stuff"? you dismiss those so casually.

as for your canned bullshit of "address their grievances and this won't happen" - please tell me you're not advocating violence when told "no" are you? if you are great. next time you say i can't have what i really really REALLY want, i get to come beat your ass.

that where we are? i'm not changing a single rule you are busy shifting. i'm just applying that same mindset to you.

but you have to have some form of an intelligent mind to understand the concept of personal accountability for your own actions. you fail to do that every step of the way and hold others accountable to your emotional imbalances.

I am all for "Well-Regulated Militias". I was a member of one for years.

Letting these guys have guns, not so much.

1597336249699.png

I am all for "Well-Regulated Militias". I was a member of one for years.

Letting these guys have guns, not so much.

View attachment 374557
great. now tell me how to stop the small % of abusers w/o impacting the rights of a vast majority who are fine with it.

fact of the matter is, YOU don't like guns so YOU think your mindset is the only valid one.

trouble is, you have to have a mind before you can really have a mindset.

what about the lives killed by people doing the looting of "stuff"? you dismiss those so casually.

About as casually as you guys dismiss the people killed by law enforcement... they are both tragic.

as for your canned bullshit of "address their grievances and this won't happen" - please tell me you're not advocating violence when told "no" are you? if you are great. next time you say i can't have what i really really REALLY want, i get to come beat your ass.

Hey, guy, your side ignored this problem for a very long time, and now you are whining because they STOPPED asking nicely?

So you have a plague which is killing more poor people of color than white people, you have cops who kill people of color, and you have a recession that has hit people of color particularly hard.

And you are really surprised we are having riots? Really? I'm not.

that where we are? i'm not changing a single rule you are busy shifting. i'm just applying that same mindset to you.

but you have to have some form of an intelligent mind to understand the concept of personal accountability for your own actions. you fail to do that every step of the way and hold others accountable to your emotional imbalances.

Accountablity means everyone gets held to the same standard.

We don't have that in this country.

White get rehab, blacks get prison.
Gang members get sent to prison, Cops maybe get fired.

I'm all for an orderly society... but clearly, a lot of people are giving up because the inequities have not been addressed.

So that's a reason to permit people to destroy the property of another? Do you pay for insurance Joe? I do. How do you suppose insurance companies recoup that money they have to pay out in claims, especially when you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars they collectively have to shell out?

You might have a point. The CEO might have to give up his Eight Figure Salary... that would be horrible

Yes, you are consumed with greed and wealth envy, you've mentioned that. Maybe you should worry about what you have, not so much about what others do

Insurance or no insurance, some of these businesses are closed down for good. They not only robbed them of their property, they robbed them of their life.

If your life was your business, that is pretty pathetic.

For a lot of these businesses, looting was probably a blessing. They were going under anyway due to TRUMP PLAGUE, at least TRUMP RIOTS gave them a way out. That's how messed up things are now thanks to Trump.

Four more years? No thanks.

Once again the Democrat is totally unconcerned with the property ... of others ...

Yes, their businesses are how they support themselves. Not everyone actually wants to be a ward of the State like you do

I will agree with your last statement though: Stuff can be replaced, lives cannot. If you were a person who was thinking about destroying the property of others, and your life would be in jeopardy by doing so, you probably wouldn't think risking your life was worth it.

Again, shows why we need to only have guns in the hands of law enforcement and the military... attitudes like that are a homicide waiting to happpen.

Did your HUD neighbors move out? That was a shooting incident looking for a place to happen.

LOL. You look at the reality of what police in blue cities are doing to "protect" their citizens, and you still demand only the police and criminals be allowed to have guns. The rest of us should call 911 and just hope there's someone left to answer the phone and maybe at some point come and take a statement from us that there's no one left to follow up on

I watched the Laura show tonight. She was discussing the continuing riots and attacks on businesses in Minneapolis this weekend that no other MSM outlet covered. Interviewing business owners, they told their story how they ran to their business only to helplessly watch it be looted, destroyed, and in some cases, burnt to the ground.

Some had businesses handed down for generations. Others were foreigners who came here to realize the American dream. Their city and state leaders allowed their dreams to go up in smoke.

Lowlifes who do these things have no fear, because there is no real deterrent to stopping them. We've seen these so-called leaders tell their police to stand down; to not enforce laws; to not protect these businesses; to allow them "room" to vent.

IMO, a real deterrent works every time it's tried. What if we had a federal law that allowed property owners to use deadly force to protect their property with no ability for city or local governments to prosecute?

True, hundreds of funerals, but also hundreds of businesses saved, millions of dollars not lost, and thousands of jobs saved in just one city. We need a national law of using deadly force to protect our property.

~~~~~~
When violence, rioting, looting and arson come to your front door you have two options.. Either you run or stand and fight for your right to live peaceably and earn a living.... Protecting your family, lively-hood and property is lawful.. Woe to those that would attempt to take that away from the average American.

That's the point, it's not lawful. You can protect yourself and family from harm, but not your property. All you can legally do is watch it be destroyed. I think that's wrong. I think you should be allowed to use deadly force to protect what's rightfully yours; what you worked years and years to create.

Depends on where you live.
God Bless Texas!

~~~~~~
"In North Carolina a person may use deadly force when defending themselves or others from the threat of immediate death or serious injury. This applies when the person in in their home, vehicle, or place of work. The person using the defensive force must stop when the aggressor has stopped the illegal action, or has retreated from the premises. There is no duty to retreat from where the person has the right to be. In this case deadly force maybe used to prevent immediate death."

See:
>>>>>>>>>>>>​

What points are those? If a police officer acts out of the law, he or she is held responsible for their actions. We are not going to change the law that a police officer can use force or deadly force when he believes his safety or life are on the line. That's the law and it will remain the law. If these uncivilized lowlifes don't like our laws, they are free to move to another country where there are no such laws.

great. now tell me how to stop the small % of abusers w/o impacting the rights of a vast majority who are fine with it.

Very simply. YOu allow the victims of gun violence to sue the makers and sellers of guns. After that, you betcha they will make damn sure they aren't selling to nuts.

The problem with the gun industry is that they are gearing their sales to the 3% of the population that owns 50% of the guns.. you know, the nuts.

What points are those? If a police officer acts out of the law, he or she is held responsible for their actions. We are not going to change the law that a police officer can use force or deadly force when he believes his safety or life are on the line. That's the law and it will remain the law. If these uncivilized lowlifes don't like our laws, they are free to move to another country where there are no such laws.

Or we change the laws to hold rogue cops accountable.

There's really no excuse for the police to kill 1000 people every year.... Every other country has figured this out.

Yes, kill as many as you can......

They don't even have to be someone who actually did any property damage -- as long as they look like they would be up to something, kill them all dead...

Trump should sign an executive order and make this happen...if not, we will be left to just fantasize about doing it on message boards

Hey, guy, your side ignored this problem for a very long time, and now you are whining because they STOPPED asking nicely?

Our side ignored it?

Ferguson--Democrat ran
Baltimore--Democrat ran
Minneapolis--Democrat ran.

How did "we" get involved in ignoring said problem?

So you have a plague which is killing more poor people of color than white people, you have cops who kill people of color, and you have a recession that has hit people of color particularly hard.

Just as many whites as blacks get killed by cops. Covid is killing whites and blacks. Why didn't the whites start any riots?

~~~~~~
When violence, rioting, looting and arson come to your front door you have two options.. Either you run or stand and fight for your right to live peaceably and earn a living.... Protecting your family, lively-hood and property is lawful.. Woe to those that would attempt to take that away from the average American.

That's the point, it's not lawful. You can protect yourself and family from harm, but not your property. All you can legally do is watch it be destroyed. I think that's wrong. I think you should be allowed to use deadly force to protect what's rightfully yours; what you worked years and years to create.

Depends on where you live.
God Bless Texas!

~~~~~~
"In North Carolina a person may use deadly force when defending themselves or others from the threat of immediate death or serious injury. This applies when the person in in their home, vehicle, or place of work. The person using the defensive force must stop when the aggressor has stopped the illegal action, or has retreated from the premises. There is no duty to retreat from where the person has the right to be. In this case deadly force maybe used to prevent immediate death."

See:
>>>>>>>>>>>>​

You can open carry in Texas now if you have a CCL.
But yeah....you can shoot someone for stealing your shit,as it should be.

About as casually as you guys dismiss the people killed by law enforcement... they are both tragic.

Accountablity means everyone gets held to the same standard.

We don't have that in this country.

White get rehab, blacks get prison.
Gang members get sent to prison, Cops maybe get fired.

I'm all for an orderly society... but clearly, a lot of people are giving up because the inequities have not been addressed.
no - we don't all get held to the same standard ya fuck.

affirmative action alone defies that now doesn't it? already the balance is trying to "socially shift" to make people accountable to measures YOU feel are needed.

your argument is pure emotion, zero facts. so your idea of "order" is only based off what YOU feel order should be. problem is, we all have to agree and abide to that for it to work. when you go rogue and start beating people up because you're not getting your way, you show you are 3 years old mentally.

and for you, that's a step up.

In the interim, the answer is for businesses to abandon the cities, and move out to the suburbs.

Let the inner-city Neanderthals sweat - and think - while their vendors and conveniences disappear.

Barring that... Federal legislation allowing business owners to use lethal force to defend their businesses might be an idea whose time has come.

They say the Devil is in the details, and there would be several key points to hammer-out, but the idea probably deserves a serious look in DC.

~~~~~~
What good would that do? Protesters, rioters and the violence prone will only follow them to the suburbs...Look at what has happened in Nassau and Suffolk Counties of Long Island N.Y.

If you live in East New York and City Line, you need to be home before dark or be prepared for the violence that may befall you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back