Is the severe weather really costing our government and country big money?

GiveMeATicketToWork

Feb 3, 2016
I heard a preacher say that America's bad weather is costing the country billions and billions of dollars breaking the American treasury. Was he telling the truth?

Well, when you factor in the damage done by tornadoes, floods, forest fires and earthquakes, yeah.............add all that up together over the course of a year and the bill can be quite a bit.

Hurricane Sandy wiped out a lot of Jersey and NYC, and New Orleans still hasn't made a full comeback after Katrina almost wiped them out.

Natural disasters can be expensive.

At least we now have an indication as to why the climate scientists' models have been incorrect...

Climate models have underestimated Earth’s sensitivity to CO2 changes, study finds

A Yale University study says global climate models have significantly underestimated how much the Earth’s surface temperature will rise if greenhouse gas emissions continue to increase as expected.

Yale scientists looked at a number of global climate projections and found that they misjudged the ratio of ice crystals and super-cooled water droplets in “mixed-phase” clouds — resulting in a significant under-reporting of climate sensitivity. The findings appear April 7 in the journal Science.

I heard a preacher say that America's bad weather is costing the country billions and billions of dollars breaking the American treasury. Was he telling the truth?
He's a lunatic. Ignore him

Yeah I totally disbelieve in him but the Bible does say:

Job 38:22-23
King James Version (KJV)
(22) Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, (23)Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

If there is a "God" and he is at war with America, is the weather draining our treasury?

Well, I don't know if there be a Deity or not, but I doubt that if there is, that the Deity gives much of a damn what we do here, or any place else. As for the damages we are seeing now, last summer here in the West, we had so many fires that there was no effort to save the forests, rather, it was to keep the fires from running right over the towns in there way.

He's a lunatic. Ignore him

Yeah I totally disbelieve in him but the Bible does say:

Job 38:22-23
King James Version (KJV)
(22) Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, (23)Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?

If there is a "God" and he is at war with America, is the weather draining our treasury?
that's the worst 'leap of logic' I have ever seen

Well, when you factor in the damage done by tornadoes, floods, forest fires and earthquakes, yeah.............add all that up together over the course of a year and the bill can be quite a bit.

Hurricane Sandy wiped out a lot of Jersey and NYC, and New Orleans still hasn't made a full comeback after Katrina almost wiped them out.

Severe hurricanes and tornadoes have been below average in frequency for the last 10 year., so your theory is pure bullshit.

Severe hurricanes and tornadoes have been below average in frequency for the last 10 year., so your theory is pure bullshit.
its not theory that major storms cost taxpayer money to recover from.

you assumed he mentioned global warming, he did not.

hurricanes and tornadoes have been below average in frequency for the last 10 year
10 years is a cherry picking figure.

EF1-EF5-t.png

EF3-EF5-t.png

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov

Now this is the good bit. You'll base your assertion on the evidence produced by a government agency many deniers say cannot be trusted. What about you, can NOAA's data be trusted? If not, on whose data are you basing your assertion?

hurricanes and tornadoes have been below average in frequency for the last 10 year

EF1-EF5-t.png

EF3-EF5-t.png

Now this is the good bit. You'll base your assertion on the evidence produced by a government agency many deniers say cannot be trusted. What about you, can NOAA's data be trusted? If not, on whose data are you basing your assertion?

I based my assertion on a source you accept as credible. So what's your source to prove me wrong.

BTW, what would non "cherry picked data" be, the entire history of weather? How would you claim the entire history of the record is lower than average?

You really aren't too bright, are you?

BTW, what would non "cherry picked data" be
About thirty years.

A Normal is defined as the arithmetic average of a climate element (e.g. temperature) over a 30-year period.
Climate Data and Data Related Products | WMO

You really aren't too bright, are you?
No, I quite realise I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but compared to the dumb fuck rightards on this site I'm like a one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

Last edited:

EF1-EF5-t.png

EF3-EF5-t.png

130 years against the existence of the planet is way more cherry-picking, don't you think?
Get back in your greenhouse before you wilt.

Well, I don't know if there be a Deity or not, but I doubt that if there is, that the Deity gives much of a damn what we do here, or any place else. As for the damages we are seeing now, last summer here in the West, we had so many fires that there was no effort to save the forests, rather, it was to keep the fires from running right over the towns in there way.
It is better for nature to allow fires to burn when possible since they are part of the natural system.

Forum List

Back