Is the news media and government lying about the economy and inflation?

Not if you are in the lower income brackets where the majority of Americans are these days. You and I may not feel the pain, but they do.
Hmm your original post talked about this massively inflated economy, it is interesting watching you retreating into a smaller and smaller box. Apparently we are now talking about just lower income brackets and specifically food and gas.

How are you measuring income brackets to say "most" Americans are in lower ones? By income quintiles this isn't possible.

People know what their everyday costs are and they are way up...
Yet wages have gone up more than costs over the past two years.

10,000 more per year for a family of four.... every public utility in the nation has or soon will go up.... food still going up...
Yes! You have figured it out. Unless the economy is in a deflationary spiral expenses always go up over time.

also what's up are delinquent credit card payments and car repos and late mortgage payments all going up with credit card debt....
Delinquent credit cards are under 3%, still quite low historically.

so take your silly little graph and show it to someone as gullible as you....
Yep those graphs with their actual data sure isn't convenient for the political talking points you regurgitate, irony on the gullible thing.

Yes! You have figured it out. Unless the economy is in a deflationary spiral expenses always go up over time.
Not as fast as they are today... do you do your own shopping?... do you pay for your own food?...

Yep those graphs with their actual data sure isn't convenient for the political talking points you regurgitate, irony on the gullible thing.
Graphs are made by humans who can be political and may be slanted or out right untrue... like I said... I do my own shopping and I know when the cost goes up...

Graphs are made by humans who can be political and may be slanted or out right untrue... like I said... I do my own shopping and I know when the cost goes up...
If you are doing your own shopping, then your costs are way down. We paid $1.54 a gallon two days a go.

Yet it is not as desperate as you suggest, and you know it. I love out west.
Say that to a single mom that has to work 40 miles from home because there are no jobs in the inner city where she can afford to live.... take the blinders off and think about people other than yourself...

Graphs are ignored by ignorant people who form opinions about the world based on politics instead of reality.

I will need a link on that... that is untrue...
Lower than all 30 years before 2012.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 3.48.21 PM.png

Not as fast as they are today... do you do your own shopping?... do you pay for your own food?...
The inflation rate of 3.1% clearly shows that at many points in US history prices have gone up faster than today.

Of course I do my own shopping, but unlike you I'm not stupid enough to think my personal anecdotes of prices is useful in analyzing the US economy.

The news media and government never really is saying what is really causing inflation all you get here and there may be it was Covid lockdowns may be it was war with Russia and Ukraine.

Also people are saying the government is lying about the economy and inflation. Not sure what they mean by that.
Maybe you're not listening,

"people say"? Come on, the information is right out in plain sight.

The economy is rated at B+ or better. No one is losing a job that they can't replace with 8mm open jobs with 3.7% UE. More people are able to retire. Less people than during Trump's time works two jobs.
Just stop the nonsense.
Nonsense is using a term like "8mm open jobs", as if millimeters had anything to do with jobs.
Uneducated putz. Lulz.

Forum List

Back