Is the naive, militarily challenged, foreign policy neophyte, Trump starting a war with Iran?

Trump is a draft dodger, a coward, who never served his country. He was a capable athlete who suddenly developed a foot problem when his country asked him for help during the Vietnam conflict. He has virtually no experience with the military.

And now he is the Commander-in-Chief and it shows. "I'm not talking boots on the ground, I'm not saying we're going to send a million soldiers, I'm just saying if something would happen, it wouldn't last very long," Trump said.

"I don't need exit strategies."

"Well I hope we don't (go to war with Iran) but we're in a very strong position if something should happen, It would not last very long."

This is how our President talks about a war with Iran.

In Iraq, Saddam's army and air force were defeated before the war even started. It took less than 30 days to take Baghdad. Yet, the war lasted over eight years and it cost in the trillions. 5,000 Americans were killed, 25,000 more wounded, and an estimated one million Iraqis were killed.

The war in Iraq would be a walk in the park compared to war with Iran.

"it wouldn't last very long."

What a pathetic little man.

Trump is a draft dodger, a coward, who never served his country. He was a capable athlete who suddenly developed a foot problem when his country asked him for help during the Vietnam conflict. He has virtually no experience with the military.

And now he is the Commander-in-Chief and it shows. "I'm not talking boots on the ground, I'm not saying we're going to send a million soldiers, I'm just saying if something would happen, it wouldn't last very long," Trump said.

"Well I hope we don't (go to war with Iran) but we're in a very strong position if something should happen, It would not last very long."

This is how our President talks about a war with Iran.

In Iraq, Saddam's army and air force were defeated before the war even started. It took less than 30 days to take Baghdad. Yet, the war lasted over eight years and it cost in the trillions. 5,000 Americans were killed, 25,000 more wounded, and an estimated one million Iraqis were killed.

The war in Iraq would be a walk in the park compared to war with Iran.

"it wouldn't last very long."

What a pathetic little man.

In Iraq, Saddam's army and air force were defeated before the war even started. It took less than 30 days to take Baghdad.

Depose the mullahs. Don't try to impose democracy.

The problem with Iraq was not the war in all honesty. That was over pretty fast and was a walk in the park.

More than a decade of virtual occupation and nation building is the problem.

CNBC is reporting, "European officials said they created a trading vehicle to help Iran get some relief from U.S. sanctions, but Tehran may see the proposal as insufficient to stop it from moving forward with a threat to violate its nuclear deal.

"The remaining parties to the nuclear deal, abandoned by the U.S. last year, have been scrambling to find a way to keep Iran from leaving the agreement. They held an urgent meeting in Vienna in an effort to hold Iran from violating the deal. The trade mechanism was announced after the meeting.

"But Iran said it would continue with its plan to enrich uranium even though it is just days away from a volume that would violate the nuclear accord."

Meanwhile, Trump has warned our European allies that they have a choice of doing business with the U.S. or Iran.

Good job, Mr. President, as you drive us farther and farther away for our allies.

I see you are having a great time with the communist dictator of Russia. Pompeo was laughing his head off at your joke about Russian interference in our election, and your attack on American news media was great comedy. We all enjoyed it.

Good job, Mr. President, as you drive us farther and farther away for our allies.

I see you are having a great time with the communist dictator of Russia. Pompeo was laughing his head off at your joke about Russian interference in our election, and your attack on American news media was great comedy. We all enjoyed it

This is surreal.

Congress has the power to declare war.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:

[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.

Trump Republicans in Congress have refused to rein in the reckless President. They have chided him, but do nothing. Trump recently joined with the communist dictator of Russia as both had a good laugh over Russia's interference in our election. To Trump, that is a joke.

Recently, Trump nearly caused a catastrophic war with Iran.

To all of this, Republicans in Congress do nothing. Now they have even given up their war powers to Trump. The Senate on Friday rejected an attempt to require Trump to seek congressional approval for military action in Iran.

Republicans in Congress just gave our erratic President, who is a friend of Vladimir Putin, the unlimited power to go to war against Iran and her many proxies throughout the Middle East. If Iraq, a far weaker military power, is any measure, war with Iran would be multi-year disaster, and Trump is completely in charge. Senators abdicated their power over the executive branch.

Forum List

Back