Is the naive, militarily challenged, foreign policy neophyte, Trump starting a war with Iran?

Iran isn't Syria. It appears you Warhawks think it will be a walk in the park. It won't be. There is going to be a lot of dying on both sides even if it's done just by air alone.
Both sides?

You seem to think that Iran is going to just curl up in a ball. They practice for this situation and will be willing to give a lot of lives while taking a lot of lives with them. They know they have one shot. They are going to make it a good one. Those little speed boats armed with missiles and torps aren't there for a weekend at Bernies. You can't stop them all. Those shore batteries aren't there to make the beaches look nice. As poor as their Air Force is, it's still going to launch and do damage. People on both sides are going to die and be hurt. It's not a friggin video game.

Actually, modern warfare is very much like a video game.

Then you have never participated in one. Like many others in here, I have. No one dies in a video game. No one loses limbs in video games.

What I meant is that much of modern combat technology was first envisioned in film and videogames.
Dude, that was a waste of time

Then you have never participated in one. Like many others in here, I have. No one dies in a video game. No one loses limbs in video games.

What I meant is that much of modern combat technology was first envisioned in film and videogames.

You have never been in combat. Most Films and Video Games immulate Combat, not the other way around. A gun is a gun. A piece of Artillery is a piece of Artillery. A Missile is a Missile. A Warship is a Warship. Almost everything used in war is a deviation of those things. These were used long before Films and Video Games were even thought of.

emulate.....derivation

Is that the best you got? Go enlist.

Trying to help you look less like an idiot.

Time to thin out the gene pool. Have a nice day.

You have never been in combat. Most Films and Video Games immulate Combat, not the other way around. A gun is a gun. A piece of Artillery is a piece of Artillery. A Missile is a Missile. A Warship is a Warship. Almost everything used in war is a deviation of those things. These were used long before Films and Video Games were even thought of.

emulate.....derivation

That’s wasted efforts

And the gene pool gets thinner as you join him. Have a nice day.

emulate.....derivation

Stop diving into an empty pool, moron.

emulate.....derivation

I took an oath while I served in the Military to protect the nation against enemies of Amierda and no one ever told me to disregard it. Jun 11, 2018

Enemies of Amierda? WTF?

It would appear so, although he says he doesn't want a war with Iran. Unfortunately, Americans have learned not to trust anything he says. After all, this is the man who recently said, “No, it’s not what I meant. It’s what I said."

Moreover, actions speak louder than words, and Trump is doing all he can to provoke Iran. After unwisely withdrawing from the nuclear deal with Tehran struck by the Obama administration, which permanently barred Iran from making a nuclear weapon, Trump ratcheted up the sanctions. In April, he moved to shut down Iran’s remaining oil exports.

The only peaceful resolution from this economic vise offered by Trump was a dozen U.S. dictates that would completely reverse Iranian foreign policy and suggested regime change. Combative Secretary of State Mike Pompeo laid out the demands himself, and Pompeo speculated, “what can change is, the people can change the government.”

So, it is quite clear Trump is trying to back Iran up against a wall. If that is Trump's intention, a major flare-up between Washington and Tehran could lead to one of the nastiest, bloodiest conflicts in modern history.

Trump does not have any alternative to the JCPOA -- the nuclear deal he trashed -- other than harsh language, increased sanctions, and threats. Also, Iran, should they choose, could duplicate what Trump did, leave the JCPOA and resume her nuclear research.

Consequently, Thursday produced the entirely predictable images of oil tankers burning near the Strait of Hormuz — and the very real danger of escalation toward armed conflict.

Thank you, Mr. President.

Of course,Trump blames Iran for the attacks, which U.S. officials say involved attaching underwater mines to the ships.

Iran may well be behind the attacks, but there are questions.

First and foremost, why in the world would Iran risk a war with the lone superpower on the planet? There is nothing to suggest that the mullahs are suicidal, and there are serious doubts they want Tehran turned into a parking lot.

The Japanese owner of one of the oil tankers attacked disputes what the Trump administration is saying, and it is awfully convenient the attack occurred while Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was visiting Iran. A bit too convenient, I am not a fan of coincidences.

“We received reports that something flew towards the ship,” Yutaka Katada, president of Kokuka Sangyo, said Friday. “I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship.” Katada pointed out that the projectile was above the waterline. Why in the world would anyone plant a mine above the waterline?

On Thursday, Americans learned about a report from U.S. officials that said that an un-exploded mine was attached to one of the ships. On Friday, the U.S. military released video appearing to show an Iranian craft removing an un-exploded mine from one of the vessels. The object was above the waterline.

How did the U.S. military get their hands on that video? Who shot the video? Who caught the IRGC red-handed?

The Lincoln CBG (Carrier Battle Group), of which the guided missile destroyer Bainbridge is a part, was in the area. All 21 crew members of the Kokuka Courageous were rescued by the Bainbridge.

Question, an American CBG controls the seas surrounding its position. How did an Iranian boat move in and remove this mine?

Iran may be responsible. However, questions abound.
What happened to your war prediction? Wrong as usual ay? :laugh:

Seems the Japanese tanker that hit was telling people that it didn't happen the way the Trump admin claims it did...
Oh, you mean the owner who wasnt there who claimed, "they saw bullets flying through the air"? :laugh:

Trump designs his tweets for a certain audience, his base. Members of his base are the only ones who will believe what he says. Such is the case with his tweets today.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

....proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!

6:03 AM - Jun 21, 2019

"Sights???" Would you trust a President who doesn't know the difference between "sights" and "sites?"

"We were cocked & loaded?" Did Trump get that from a John Wayne movie? What a trite phrase for a President to use, but it is the kind of phrase his fans love.

There is the overall tenor of these two tweets that only Trump's adoring admirers could possibly believe. Our military is about to make a serious mistake according to Trump's story line and suddenly, at the last minute, he rides in on his white horse and saves the day. Good Lord, it is difficult to imagine anyone believing that. Is that how decisions are made in the Trump White House?

"I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike." Very dramatic and a total lie. When the Pentagon presents its options for a military strike, up front is the estimate of casualties. No President is going to learn of the casualty estimate ten minutes before zero hour unless said President is just plain stupid.

"Sanctions are biting & more added last night." Another lie, the White House has not imposed new sanctions, not yet, anyway. However, that seems to be the direction toward which Trump is heading. He backed Iran into a corner, and Iran shot down a very expensive UAV.

Iran called his bluff and Trump chooses to back down.
You are nothing but a double talking pathetic loser. No need to communicate with your fucking dumb toad like squirmy mind you fucking blob.

Trump is trying to bully a military response from Iran

If he wants war, he is going to have a hard time convincing Congress and the American people

Let me get this straight, according to your twisted view.

Iran, working hand in hand with North Korea, continues to starve people while working hard to become a nation with nuclear weapons.

Iran, since May, has attacked six oil tankers near the Straits of Hormuz.

Iran has shot down an unarmed drone, over international waters.

Then "RIGHTWINGER" says, and I quote: "Trump is trying to bully a military response from Iran".

Who can make this up?

You seem to think that Iran is going to just curl up in a ball. They practice for this situation and will be willing to give a lot of lives while taking a lot of lives with them. They know they have one shot. They are going to make it a good one. Those little speed boats armed with missiles and torps aren't there for a weekend at Bernies. You can't stop them all. Those shore batteries aren't there to make the beaches look nice. As poor as their Air Force is, it's still going to launch and do damage. People on both sides are going to die and be hurt. It's not a friggin video game.

And Iran needs to recognize that fact.

emulate.....derivation

That’s wasted efforts

And the gene pool gets thinner as you join him. Have a nice day.
Got nothing , got it

Recently, the Iranians shot down a very expensive piece of American military equipment, causing a very serious military crisis that could lead to a disastrous war with Iran and her proxies throughout the Middle East. However, Trump backed down and used economic sanctions in retaliation. Trump wants to talk to the Iranians, but the Iranians do not want to talk to him.

Iran has threatened to shoot down any American surveillance aircraft spying on their military installations, and so the crisis continues.

Throughout all of this, we now have a new acting defense secretary. He is former army secretary, Mark Esper, and his first day was yesterday!

Prior to that we had another acting defense secretary, Patrick Shanahan. He quit Friday because it was revealed he and his son beat up Shanahan's estranged wife, the son beating up the woman with a baseball bat.

We have not had a qualified defense secretary for six months. Shanahan was a former accountant executive for Boeing, a bean counter. However, he was one of Trump's reliable sycophants.

The last qualified defense secretary was Marine General James Mattis. He quit six months ago when Trump ordered American troops out of Syria, thereby turning the region over to the murderous dictator, Bashar Al-Assad, and the Russian government. The Russians have a naval base at Tartus.

Considering this a uniquely stupid and self-destructive idea, Mattis quit. In six months he has not been replaced.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and Trump was forced to rescind the order.

That seems to happen a lot with Trump.

So far, Trump hasn't started a war. All I hear is that Trump is a war hawk and is going to start a war, I have heard that since 2015 and so far, a big nothing. And now liberals are getting pissed because they have nothing.

Recently, the Iranians shot down a very expensive piece of American military equipment, causing a very serious military crisis that could lead to a disastrous war with Iran and her proxies throughout the Middle East. However, Trump backed down and used economic sanctions in retaliation. Trump wants to talk to the Iranians, but the Iranians do not want to talk to him.

Iran has threatened to shoot down any American surveillance aircraft spying on their military installations, and so the crisis continues.

Throughout all of this, we now have a new acting defense secretary. He is former army secretary, Mark Esper, and his first day was yesterday!

Prior to that we had another acting defense secretary, Patrick Shanahan. He quit Friday because it was revealed he and his son beat up Shanahan's estranged wife, the son beating up the woman with a baseball bat.

We have not had a qualified defense secretary for six months. Shanahan was a former accountant executive for Boeing, a bean counter. However, he was one of Trump's reliable sycophants.

The last qualified defense secretary was Marine General James Mattis. He quit six months ago when Trump ordered American troops out of Syria, thereby turning the region over to the murderous dictator, Bashar Al-Assad, and the Russian government. The Russians have a naval base at Tartus.

Considering this a uniquely stupid and self-destructive idea, Mattis quit. In six months he has not been replaced.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed, and Trump was forced to rescind the order.

That seems to happen a lot with Trump.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump said in August 2017. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.” He added, “He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said, they will be met with fire and fury, and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.”

We didn't believe Trump then, and we don't believe Trump now.

Trump tweeted on June 25, 2019 that an Iranian attack on "anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!".

How about Neville Chamberlain?

To Trump, the answer for everything is tough rhetoric. He doesn't have the balls to attack Iran.

"Trump tweeted on June 25, 2019 that an Iranian attack on "anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!".

"How about Neville Chamberlain?"

There are two key questions.

The first one is, will the U.S. military send up another UAV to spy on Iranian military installations?

The second one is, on June 27 will Iran surpass limits of its stockpile of enriched uranium set by the 2015 international nuclear deal unless European partners in the agreement do more to help it circumvent U.S. sanctions?

What I feared a year ago may happen. When Trump withdrew the U.S. from the JCPOA and sharply increased economic sanctions, he practically invited Iran to do the same. We are now seeing the consequences of that decision.

For more info, see https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6a9afaa0e3e_story.html?utm_term=.6d3b9b195630

"Trump tweeted on June 25, 2019 that an Iranian attack on "anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!".

"How about Neville Chamberlain?"

There are two key questions.

The first one is, will the U.S. military send up another UAV to spy on Iranian military installations?

The second one is, on June 27 will Iran surpass limits of its stockpile of enriched uranium set by the 2015 international nuclear deal unless European partners in the agreement do more to help it circumvent U.S. sanctions?

What I feared a year ago may happen. When Trump withdrew the U.S. from the JCPOA and sharply increased economic sanctions, he practically invited Iran to do the same. We are now seeing the consequences of that decision.

For more info, see https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6a9afaa0e3e_story.html?utm_term=.6d3b9b195630

I hope so. We need an up-to-date list of good targets at all times.

Trump began the provocation toward war with Iran a year ago when the removed the U.S. from the JCPOA and hit Iran hard with economic sanctions.

Now it seems the lunatics are running the asylum.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said that the United States is "considering a full range of options" regarding rising tensions with Iran, including military options, but emphasized that Trump has said that he does not want to go to war.

Pompeo hasn't learned yet? Americans do not trust anything Trump says. He has lied to us too many times. After all, he was the one who said, “No, it’s not what I meant. It’s what I said."

Pompeo offered a set of actions that could restore deterrence.

Now we are getting to what Trump really wants. "Restore deterrence" is code for trying to force Iran to do what Trump wants them to do. And, if they don't do what Trump wants them to do? Trump is "considering a full range of options, including military options" and regime change.

Here is the lunacy. “We’re not going to have Iran have a nuclear weapon,” Trump told reporters.

We already had an agreement with Iran that permanently barred Iran from making a nuke. Trump trashed it!!!

Is Trump bipolar? Did he forget that he removed the U.S. from the agreement? Does he think Americans forgot that part? Is he nuts?

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the White House is "suffering from mental disability" and behaving as "no sane person," in the wake of new sanctions imposed by Trump earlier this week which an Iranian spokesman said have closed the "channel of diplomacy forever."

Hmmm, interesting.

Trump began the provocation toward war with Iran a year ago when the removed the U.S. from the JCPOA and hit Iran hard with economic sanctions.

Now it seems the lunatics are running the asylum.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said that the United States is "considering a full range of options" regarding rising tensions with Iran, including military options, but emphasized that Trump has said that he does not want to go to war.

Pompeo hasn't learned yet? Americans do not trust anything Trump says. He has lied to us too many times. After all, he was the one who said, “No, it’s not what I meant. It’s what I said."

Pompeo offered a set of actions that could restore deterrence.

Now we are getting to what Trump really wants. "Restore deterrence" is code for trying to force Iran to do what Trump wants them to do. And, if they don't do what Trump wants them to do? Trump is "considering a full range of options, including military options" and regime change.

Here is the lunacy. “We’re not going to have Iran have a nuclear weapon,” Trump told reporters.

We already had an agreement with Iran that permanently barred Iran from making a nuke. Trump trashed it!!!

Is Trump bipolar? Did he forget that he removed the U.S. from the agreement? Does he think Americans forgot that part? Is he nuts?

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the White House is "suffering from mental disability" and behaving as "no sane person," in the wake of new sanctions imposed by Trump earlier this week which an Iranian spokesman said have closed the "channel of diplomacy forever."

Hmmm, interesting.

Yup. That's how it works.

Forum List

Back