Is the Earth flat?

Serious question... Does anybody here believe that the Earth is flat?

Ive heard some buzz about the subject and I’d love to talk to somebody who actually believes this.

it takes a broken mind to even entertain this idea let alone want to talk with someone that believes it,,,

Not at all. My Mother joined the Flat Earth Society as she thought they were joking. Some of their stuff was hilarious and had some good articles in their newsletters. She went to a "meet" and came home shocked; they were serious. She allowed her membership to lapse.

Greg

Why do gays need such a symbol if its so meaningless and empty?
I didn't say it was meaningless and empty. If you are going to make stuff up to give yourself an easier time, you don't need me. Find a mirror.
Relax, take a deep breath. we are all friends here. What did I "make up".
"If it is so meaningless and empty"

Not what I said or implied.
Of course not. This thread was about people that believe in flawed ideologies that are driven by irrational belief systems , i.e. flat earthers .Dove tails with the irrational gay marriage agenda , both are deeply flawed and without merit.

Dove tails with the irrational gay marriage agenda , both are deeply flawed and without merit.
Says you, due to your personal neurosis, ignorance, and bigotry.

My suggestion: stop being gay, don't get gay married. Problem solved.

Yes it was geared for those that procreate, however its also a symbol.
I don't care what is was "geared for", because I don't limit myself to the traditions and cultire of ignorant peoples with shoddy morals from the iron age.

And I also don't care what it symbolizes to you. Have your symbols. Enjoy them. Don't gay marry. See how easy?
Please. Why do gays need such a symbol if its so meaningless and empty? Ask yourself that.
Are you kidding with this question?

you people are talking absolute rubbish because you have lost the debate ,

now look here , in a Globe Earth Fantasy Theory this would be IMPOSSIBLE ..

Explain the Anomaly

startrails_north.jpg

explain this timelapse photo ( startrails ) from the alamo canyon in arazona next to mexico ,

Silence is Defeat .. so we have proven the Earth is the Firmament and does not move,

you can see in the Star Trail Proof see Previous Post ,

and the heavens move around the land under your feet and we do not ' SPIN ' on a globe Earth

you are on a Flat Earth and have been lied to by Satanic Forces

here is further Explanation

Santos Bonacci Flat Earth Interview with Eilish De Avalon

Silence is Defeat .. so we have proven the Earth is the Firmament and does not move,

you can see in the Star Trail Proof see Here from MEXICO

startrails_north.jpg

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE ON A GLOBE EARTH

and the heavens move around the land under your feet and we do not ' SPIN ' on a globe Earth

you can see in the Star Trail Proof see Previous Post ,

The Bible teaches earth is round, using the Hebrew word chuwg/circle in 2 & 3 dimensions at Isaiah 40:22 and in 2 dimensions in Job 26:10 and Proverbs 8:27 - e.g.:

Job 26:10 - New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References
10 He has described a circle upon the face of the waters,+
To where light ends in darkness.
(GNB) He divided light from darkness by a circle drawn on the face of the sea.

Since the terminator moves earth has to be a sphere for the division between light and darkness to always be a circle. Btw - this is talking about when earth was totally covered with water (Genesis 1:2-4). Earth is still covered mostly by water.

I think your argument falls flat!

Strange that this even needs to be debated. A spherical earth does not contradict the Scriptures, and even the size was correctly estimated by the ancient Greeks. These people give Christianity a bad name

Strange that this even needs to be debated. A spherical earth does not contradict the Scriptures, and even the size was correctly estimated by the ancient Greeks. These people give Christianity a bad name

Indeed, Isaiah 40:22 describes earth as round, using the Greek word chuwg which means circle in 2 dimensions and sphere in 3 dimensions.

Job 26:10 describes the terminator between light and darkness is a circle which is true of all spherical planets, moon, etc.

Proverbs 8:27 also describes the terminator as a circle (Hebrew chuwg).

Indeed, Isaiah 40:22 describes earth as round, using the Greek word chuwg which means circle in 2 dimensions and sphere in 3 dimensions.
Silly nonsense. The greeks had a word for sphere: σφαῖρα = sphaira . That's why this verse translated into "circle".

Silly nonsense. The greeks had a word for sphere: σφαῖρα = sphaira . That's why this verse translated into "circle".

My error - I meant Hebrew word not Greek word. Glad you have a sense of humor - me too!

Isaiah 40:22 [earth is round] was written in Hebrew "chuwg" (3d sphere, 2-d circle) Job 26:10 & Proverbs 8:27 also chuwg - the terminator is a circle which proves earth is a sphere.

From Strong's Hebrew dictionary:

H2329
חוּג
chûg
khoog
From H2328; a circle: - circle, circuit, compassive
Total KJV occurrences: 3

H2328
חוּג
chûg
BDB Definition:
1) to encircle, encompass, describe a circle, draw round, make a circle
1a) (Qal) to encircle, encompass
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: a primitive root [compare H2287]

Or, simply - the shape drawn by a compass (2-d) [H2329 is a noun; H2328 is a verb]. Note that all spherical objects in our solar system appear as a circle in photos. And Isaiah 40:22 is from God's viewpoint (vantage point) which would involve any direction as world turns - earth appears as a circle from all directions (points of reference).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back