Is the book "Atlas Shrugged" being played out in real time?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Never mind the board handle I've used on here for years. I've never even read the book or seen the movie, but I think I understand the significance of what the author meant to convey. The term "getting galted" is being used to describe what's taking place today: A refusal of the "providers" to furnish a globalist, collectivist, or Maxrist regime the materials it needs, "in an effort to "stop the motor of the world" and bring about the collapse of the bureaucratic society."

John Galt - Wikipedia

In other words, John Galt was the man who organized the withdrawal of all the men in society who have the money and who have the knowledge of how to run a successful business. Men who refused to cooperate with a collectivst form of government. This left only the inept government to keep the country’s economy going.

This seems to be what's occurring right now. It's no secret that the current crop of Democrats are the most left-leaning Marxists this country has ever seen. They are no friend of business, industry, and capitalism. They are enacting business-unfriendly regulations, harsh environmental policies, raising taxes, and apparently those corporations are pushing back. The pushback is being seen in shortages, high prices and disruptions in the supply lines which ultimately, President Biden will be held responsible for. This has led to a country run not as a Democracy but as an ineptocracy. That is defined as a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Apparently Rand predicted this, and President Trump understood this too. But this time, there are millions of John Galts.

Never mind the board handle I've used on here for years. I've never even read the book or seen the movie, but I think I understand the significance of what the author meant to convey. The term "getting galted" is being used to describe what's taking place today: A refusal of the "providers" to furnish a globalist, collectivist, or Maxrist regime the materials it needs, "in an effort to "stop the motor of the world" and bring about the collapse of the bureaucratic society."

John Galt - Wikipedia

In other words, John Galt was the man who organized the withdrawal of all the men in society who have the money and who have the knowledge of how to run a successful business. Men who refused to cooperate with a collectivst form of government. This left only the inept government to keep the country’s economy going.

This seems to be what's occurring right now. It's no secret that the current crop of Democrats are the most left-leaning Marxists this country has ever seen. They are no friend of business, industry, and capitalism. They are enacting business-unfriendly regulations, harsh environmental policies, raising taxes, and apparently those corporations are pushing back. The pushback is being seen in shortages, high prices and disruptions in the supply lines which ultimately, President Biden will be held responsible for. This has led to a country run not as a Democracy but as an ineptocracy. That is defined as a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Apparently Rand predicted this, and President Trump understood this too. But this time, there are millions of John Galts.
Ayn Rand was a decent novelist who died broke and collecting social security. So anyone who thinks she was anything more is living in a fantasy world

John Galt - Wikipedia

Unfortunately, the industrialists have bought into the political and technocratic madness.

The revolt will have to come from the kulaks.

Unfortunately, the industrialists have bought into the political and technocratic madness.

The revolt will have to come from the kulaks.
Do we have the power it takes to control everything? Look at the oil industry: They've been saddled by the Biden administration's stricter governmental regulations, therefore they've cut production and raised the price. Whether or not they can be blamed for the higher gas prices is debatable. But Biden is the one who's catching hell for it. Are the oil companies doing that deliberately? Who knows.

Do we have the power it takes to control everything? Look at the oil industry: They've been saddled by the Biden administration's stricter governmental regulations, therefore they've cut production and raised the price. Whether or not they can be blamed for the higher gas prices is debatable. But Biden is the one who's catching hell for it. Are the oil companies doing that deliberately? Who knows.
You failed economics 101 I can tell..

John Galt - Wikipedia

You've never read the book???? Haahahaha.. Everybody read it in HS.

Trump never read it either. You people beat all.

It's beyond safe to say that none of the moonbats chiming in here have ever even read so much as the Cliff's Notes of the book.

But they understand the jist of it. That's why they hate it so much.

I even remember a post on here several years ago, where someone angrily claimed that "John Galt was responsible for the death of millions of people", like it really happened.

That's just how unhinged they are. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back