Is the Army considering awarding the reserve officer killed in Orlando the Purple Heart ?

First let me say before the sheep come snapping that I do not care about gay issues. Live your life without interfering in mine and we are good to go

.Awarding a person the Purple Heart for something that is in no way connected to the service craps all over those who where injured in the line of duty.

Will Reserve captain killed in Orlando massacre earn Purple Heart?
If the killer is considered to be an Islamic terrorist, I believe the Captain will get a PH. The Ft Hood wounded and dead finally got one.

First let me say before the sheep come snapping that I do not care about gay issues. Live your life without interfering in mine and we are good to go

.Awarding a person the Purple Heart for something that is in no way connected to the service craps all over those who where injured in the line of duty.

If the killer is considered to be an Islamic terrorist, I believe the Captain will get a PH. The Ft Hood wounded and dead finally got one.
The thing is they were on a military installation.I got an Uncle who was a door gunner in Vietnam his chopper was shot down twice he never received the Purple Heart. Now a reserve officer shot at a club may get one. No soldier should die this way and I hate to say it but honestly this wouldn't even be considered if he wasn't at a gay club.

The thing is they were on a military installation.I got an Uncle who was a door gunner in Vietnam his chopper was shot down twice he never received the Purple Heart. Now a reserve officer shot at a club may get one. No soldier should die this way and I hate to say it but honestly this wouldn't even be considered if he wasn't at a gay club.
We'll have to wait and see what Obama's hand picked DOD does.

This is a war on every front. Every member of the military, and every civilian as well, is on the front lines, anywhere in the world, including in our own country. So this soldier should get a Purple Heart. If he died trying to save others, he may be eligible for other combat medals as well, this should be looked into.

This is a war on every front. Every member of the military, and every civilian as well, is on the front lines, anywhere in the world, including in our own country. So this soldier should get a Purple Heart. If he died trying to save others, he may be eligible for other combat medals as well, this should be looked into.
No and double No ........ :cool:

According to the left we are not at war with any definable enemy.

It was not militarily related and he was reservist..

It was not militarily related and he was reservist..
I voiced my uncertainty in post # 5

they shouldn't have

they shouldn't have
Wounded or killed by enemy action merits a Purple Heart. Ft Hood shooting was enemy action. That was eventually proven.

they shouldn't have
Wounded or killed by enemy action merits a Purple Heart. Ft Hood shooting was enemy action. That was eventually proven.
But it was on a Military instalation and the debate was a drawn out political mess.

they shouldn't have
proven? meh. but if it makes people feel good i dont guess it hurts anything

they shouldn't have
But it was on a Military instalation and the debate was a drawn out political mess.
That's what bothers me. politicians pushed for it.

I dont think you'll get Purple Heart for being killed or wounded while giving a blow job in a gay bar.

In my opinion the circumstances should be considered. It shouldn't matter whether or not the person was a homosexual or not. They were at a club not a war zone, at least they didn't know that where they were was going to turn into the blood bath that it became. Another thing is this. Did they try to stop the shooter? If they didn't, then no, they do not deserve this honor. To me, honor is for those who don't just stand there and do nothing. Honor is for those who do what they can to try and stop evil from triumphing.

God bless you and the person's family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back