Is Ron Paul Electable?

What the media and 2 parties have done a great job of is getting their sheep to believe the "he's a loon" marketing ploy.

The only thing about him that seems loony to me is how he's able to predict with perfect accuracy economic and housing market collapses.

Then, you obviously haven't met his son....

My bad, I thought this was Ron Paul thread not a Rand Paul thread.

Actually, this is a "sponsored by Ron Paul for President 2012" thread. Everyone who has half a brain already knows Ron Paul is not electable.

Please see the 2008 GOP primary election results for your answer.

It took Ronald Reagan three tries to become President. This is Ron Pauls third and three times might be the charm.

Not to mention, EVEN Chris Wallace acknowkledged that Ron Paul has a much better chance and said that the media is taking him much more seriously this time around.

It took Ronald Reagan three tries to become President. This is Ron Pauls third and three times might be the charm.

Not to mention, EVEN Chris Wallace acknowkledged that Ron Paul has a much better chance and said that the media is taking him much more seriously this time around.

Well, if Chris Wallace said it, it MUST be true, right? Now, if we are talking about the GOP primary, I would probably agree, based on the weak field of candidates that the GOP has put forward. However, in the general election? No chance in hell.

Then, you obviously haven't met his son....

Actually, this is a "sponsored by Ron Paul for President 2012" thread. Everyone who has half a brain already knows Ron Paul is not electable.

While I agree he isn't electable, I don't think people are stupid for thinking he is, I just disagree with them.

A lot of people would've thought a half-black man with a middle name of Hussein wouldn't be electable either.

While I agree he isn't electable, I don't think people are stupid for thinking he is, I just disagree with them.

A lot of people would've thought a half-black man with a middle name of Hussein wouldn't be electable either.

I didn't realize this was an Obama thread?

Lol it was an obvious comparison to electability that included Ron Paul. You made no such comparison you just threw Rand out there.

I think he had a good chance until he started advocating amnesty. He had my vote up until then anyways.

"Electable' is something promoted by the media to get you to vote for Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum.

he will never be elected in a national election.

His failed ideas will prevent him from winning

Ron Paul has an extremely long voting history allowing a unique perspective of his ideas. He was the only Republican to vote against the Iraqi War, and I suppose you don't believe the Federal Reserve needs more oversight?

With all due respect you asked if he was electable! The answer is NO! Not in the primaries or national election. He provides way too much attack material, he isn't alligned with the Republican base, he gets called a Tea Party favorite (but so will Bachmann and Cain), his age will be a factor, calling for the closure of the FBI, CIA, DHLS etc isn't going to win him votes, his belligerent radical base isn't going to get him independent voters, his weak stance on illegal immigration is going to hurt him this year (the past mirage that he was tough on illegal immigration is being seen for what it is a mirage), no matter how you twist getting rid of the Federal Reserve, it is seen as too radical for main stream. The list with Ronnie goes on and on. Not too mention he is a fraud on spending, meaning he says no to wasteful spending, yet he's a porker!

Lol it was an obvious comparison to electability that included Ron Paul. You made no such comparison you just threw Rand out there.

Rand IS Ron's son, yes? Or does Ron no longer claim him after the whole segregated lunch counter conversation?

I think he had a good chance until he started advocating amnesty. He had my vote up until then anyways.

Ron Paul: No Amnesty!

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

1.Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
2.Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
3.No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
4.No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
5.End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
6.Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

Well, if Chris Wallace said it, it MUST be true, right?

Nice strawman there. Did you intentionally twist my words or are you really that dense?

I don't support or "believe in" Chris Wallace one bit. My point was that if even Ron Pauls biggest detractors and discouragers are conceding that he actually has a chance, that is a sign that this campaign is nothing like last campaign.

So I'm not saying that Wallace's words are correct, I'm saying that his words are very telling and indicative of his increased success.

Now, if we are talking about the GOP primary, I would probably agree, based on the weak field of candidates that the GOP has put forward. However, in the general election? No chance in hell.

No chance. If Ron Paul makes it to the general election, expect every Republican to vote Ron Paul plus some Democrats disillusioned with Obama and his failed promises.

Republicans will not let Obama win again.

And that's about where I'm at with Paul myself. But he put the final nail in the coffin for my vote when he advocated for the building of the victory mosque at ground zero. He can kiss my ass.

chart-1.jpg

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/action/2012-presidential-hopefuls-immigration-stances.html

Last edited:
Is Ron Paul Electable?

To 1600?... No.

It's not even up for Debate... Even his Supporters know the Reality.

But it helps them Feel Pure when Voting with the other 120 Million or so Voters who would almost all have NOTHING to do with an Unrealistic and Inconsistent Purist.

The President Represents ALL Americans... Not Libertarian Purity.

And RuPaul ain't even that.

And he's a Dipshit. :thup:

:)

peace...

Rand IS Ron's son, yes? Or does Ron no longer claim him after the whole segregated lunch counter conversation?

Yes.............but you bringing him up had nothing to do with Ron, unless your argument is that if someone is loony in your opinion their father automatically has that same characteristic.

I agree with you on 2 things, he's unelectable and compared to the status quo "normal" democrats and republicans of 2011 he is crazy.

And that's about where I'm at with Paul myself. But he put the final nail in the coffin for my vote when he advocated for the building of the victory mosque at ground zero. He can kiss my ass.

chart-1.jpg

Where did that come from? townhall.com?:lol::lol::lol:

Wow... C'mon. Focus on the IMPORTANT issues. Are you serious? AMNESTY? Give me a fvcking break!

Hey, here's an important issue. How about the fact that we are headed towards a global fascist dictatorship where even more freedoms are stripped away, the dollar becomes obsolete and we have an Amero currency, more wars, and a motherfvckin police state!!

And all you can think about is illegal immigration? Please! You gotta be kidding me! You will never even be personally affected by illegal immigration. I do not fear that some guy with no qualifications named Pedro is going to take my job!

Please rethink your priorities.

chart-1.jpg

Where did that come from? townhall.com?:lol::lol::lol:

Like I've always said, the typical republican likes and agrees with Obama a lot more than Ron Paul.

At least they know Obama will keep up the warmongering in the middle east, an important virtue for both parties.

I doubt he'd do that. ;)

But neither will he pander to fear and insecurity for votes. RP is the real deal.

Forum List

Back