Is Romney's disinterest in endorsing Rubio merely disattisfaction or a suggestion he might run?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
I know conservative voters would love a 2008-Obama-esque candidate on the Republican ballot. Well Rubio isn't that guy. Nobody can tell you what Rubio has to offer. Rubio speaks in talking points. He's not a strong candidate and he's not winning a general election. Over the years as people theorized he'd run in 2016 and how he'd do a great job, I've never believed he would do a good job and he hasn't. He doesn't have a single noteworthy win yet in this election season. Is Romney dragging his feet on endorsing him because he really isn't worth endorsing? OR is Romney not endorsing him because Romney might be stepping into the race as people have speculated (with good reason) he might do since around 2014?

I suppose it could be both reasons; Romney isn't endorsing him because he isn't a strong candidate which is one of many things causing Romney to possibly step in

I've never understood the Rubio hype. Ever. I meet people and they go "Oh I like Rubio! He's the best conservative option we have!". He's a by-the-numbers senator who hardly shows up for work and thinks "Obama knows EXACTLY what he's doing!" is a winnable campaign platform. It isn't 2012 and Rubio isn't running against Obama

Romney sent out another tweet against Trump today. He's growing increasingly vocal;

A disqualifying & disgusting response by @realDonaldTrump to the KKK. His coddling of repugnant bigotry is not in the character of America.
Mitt Romney on Twitter

I'm not saying Romney wins if he runs but there's no question he's more accomplished AND a better leader than any of the other GOP candidates 2016 spawned.

Forum List

Back